Want to make bath time fun and special for a child that’s important to you? Using bath toys is a great way to bond with a child! There are some new and improved bath toys for babies, toddlers and kids that will make any age excited for bath time! The best bath toys available now, absolutely encourage children of any age to use their imaginations and at the same time learning through play.
There are so many bath toys for babies, toddlers and kids, which can make it overwhelming and confusing on what to choose for the special little one! To help you out in choosing a fun bath toys, we have compiled a list of some of the best bath toys. We know how active children can be. The only bath toy products you’ll find in this review are those that meet or exceed the CPSC and ASTM standards, and combine safety with ease of use.
So whether you are just looking for a fun and educational bath toy or one that children can share with their siblings, we’ve got you covered with some of the bath toys for babies, toddlers and kids available for 2018. We hope you enjoy the read and will find this helpful!
10 Best Baby Bath Toys at a Glance
Before we get into a more detailed look at the best bath toys to buy for a child, here is a quick overview of the features and specifications of the 10 bath toys we think you’ll want to take a look at.
View on Amazon
I just love these. Our 9-month-old daughter likes them a lot. They are easy for her to grab and she loves the sounds they make.
This Munchkin bath toy is an excellent baby and toddler bath toy. It comes in a set of 4 and each bubble has a different character, spinner or rattle. Each bubble is made to help stimulate your baby or toddler’s senses of sight, touch and sound.
- One of the best bath baby bath toys because it spins, rattles, shines and bobbles, which stimulates their senses
- Assists in enhancing babies hand eye coordination by teaching them to grasp, reach and shake each bubble
- The bubbles of this bath toy contains a different colorful ring that introduce babies to different textures
- This baby bath toy is ideal for children 4 months and older
- Some customer reviews have stated that they only received two of the for bath toys, if this occurs contact Amazon
- Over time moisture can get into the ball and mold may begin to grow, no longer making it possible for children to play with this tub toy
If you decide to order this Munchkin bath toy, check that you received the full set. In some instances customers report receiving a partial set. It has been reported that the toy may show wear more quickly depending on the type of play and how it is cared for.
This Munchkin bath toy will entertain your baby or toddler during bath time but may not last as long as other baby bath toys. The toy does introduce babies and toddlers to colors and new textures.
View on Amazon
It would be great if there were more bugs in the package. These float on water and my son loves them.
This Boon bath toy is fun to play with and your child will think it’s a cool bath toy. Place these insects around the bathtub and watch your child catch them! Use your imagination with your child during bath time and pretend your out in the forest catching bugs!
- This bath toy’s simple design will provide plenty entertainment to children
- There have been a number of parent reviews that highly recommend this kids bath toy because their children not only enjoy ‘catching the bugs’, but it is also a great tool to teach children how to count
- The bugs included with the net are ideal for small hands and float at the surface of the water, which makes it easy for toddlers to grab
- The net handle has been well designed and is light enough for parents to teach their child how to grab on and hold the handle
- The hole located on the bottom of the net isn’t sealed and has the possibility to retain water. Many parents have spent time trying to shake the water out but have been unsuccessful. It has been recommended that parents seal the hole to prevent mold or other bacteria from growing
- Some parent reviews have commented that they wish that this bath toy included more water bugs for children to use to make this bath time activity more challenging especially as children grow
This Boon bath toy is a simple toy that can help develop children’s coordination. The design of this bath toy is different. A tip that parents might find helpful is filling the hole at the base of the net to help prevent water entering and potential for mould
To care for and clean this kids bath toy, it is recommended that parents rinse it after each use and store it in a place where it can completely dry. If needed, clean with dish detergent
A fun bath toy for babies and toddlers it is affordable and introduces children to some interesting colors. It is also made out of child friendly materials and doesn’t contain phthalates, PVC and is BPA-free. Parent reviews highly recommend this as a bath toy for children to use during bath time!
View on Amazon
We got this for our daughter and she loves them. The quality is great and also affordable, not like other pricey ones. I would definitely recommend this.
Who said playing with pipes wasn’t fun didn’t know about these ones! This Boon bath toy will provide a lot of fun during bath time! Watching the water flow through the pipes will mesmerize your child. Just make sure the pipes are inside the tub so you won’t need to clean up the water on the floor! This Boon bath toy can be used separately or they can create one pipe where children will be able to watch the water run through. This is a perfect bath toy for 1 and 2 year olds. Their imagination will run wild!!
- This set of fun building bath pipes is a great bath toy for toddlers because it makes bath time more educational and exciting
- These bath pipes easily suction to the bathtub wall, allowing children to create many different combinations
- The pipes included in this bath toy set all have their own unique shape or feature, allowing for water to flow through them in different ways
- This Boon bath toy can be used in unison with Boon Cogs Water Gears to create even more fun during bathtime
- There have been a few reviews about mold growing after a few months of using this kids bath toy. The mold grows around the rubber suction cup attaches to the pipe. It may be difficult to clean because it is difficult to clean since there isn’t a lot of space between the suction cup and pipe
- The pipes don’t stick to the bathtub or bathtub wall very well. When children fill the pipes with too much water they may begin to lean forward making them either fall off the wall or not smoothly flow through the other pipes
- Some parents have reported that the spinners have broken off this bath toy for toddlers or it no longer spins when water is poured in the pipe
There are some improvements that could be made to this Boon bath toy based on parents’ feedback. For example, the pipes could be made wider to allow for more water to flow through
It has been recommended that parents wash this kids bath toy before children begin using it during bath time and also wash it periodically. Hand wash with dish soap and warm water. Rinse and air dry.
This Boon bath toy will keep your child occupied during bath time will develop their tactile skills. Teaching children how they can make different configurations out of the pipe and guessing what way the water flows will turn playing with this fun bath toy into a great fun experience that the toddler will want to repeat.
View on Amazon
I bought these for my 16 month old nephew who loves such kind of things. You can add more of these as your child grows older. Love them.
Another great and well designed Boon bath toy that will provide endless fun during bath time! The Cogs water gears will suction to the bathtub or tub wall and begin to spin when children pour water over them. Pair the Cogs with the Boon pipes bath toy for added fun!
- Children will be captivated by the different ways they can make the water flow through the gears and the ways they spin
- The suction cups on the backs of this bath toy hold well on the tub’s surface or tile wall. They are easy to remove and move around
- Parents highly recommend this bath toy for toddlers. They are made out of sturdy BPA-free plastic and are affordable. Will keep children entertained during bath time
- Works well in and out of the bath tub, some reviews have stated that their children also enjoy using their imaginations and play with the water cogs in other ways without water
- Young children may have some difficulties setting up this Boon bath toy independently as they need to be aligned in a specific order to work properly
- If your bathtub walls are textured, it could be a little difficult to get the suction cups to stick properly so the cogs work as they are intended too
To add some extra fun to children bathtime, parents have the option of pairing this Boon bath toy to Boon’s pipes. This will allow little ones to use their imaginations and create all different types of combinations.
Before using, it is recommended that parents wash this bath toy with soap and water. Rinse and air dry.
View on Amazon
Our little one loves playing with these during his bath time. They float on water like a jelly thing and the build quality is also great. So far the best bath toy I ever bought.
Boon bath toy are a great kids’ bath toy. These Jellies Suction Cup bath toys may look unexciting but they can create lots of fun during bath time! Each jelly has a suction cup on the bottom, allowing you to stick them to the bathtub or bathtub wall to create jelly towers or other inventive ideas. There is a tab on each suction cup, which allows you to remove the jelly and move them somewhere else!
- Available in awesome, unique colors, compared to other bath toys for toddlers and kids that use primary colors like red and blue
- Will stick to any surface and will not fall until you remove them
- Easy for toddlers to grab and place on any surface
- Easy to clean, they just need to be rinsed with soap and hot water
- May struggle with removing the bathtub or the tiled walls
- Not a bath toy for babies, as babies may loose interest, ideal for children 2+
- Suction cups may loose there shape and stickiness
There have been a few reviews for this toy that state that the jellies worked great once they first used this bath toy but have stopped sticking. There is a way for you to make them stick again so your child can continue to use this boon bath toy! Try leaving them in a pot of boiling water. This should mould the suction cups back into place and allow them to stick to the bathtub again! Be sure to remove the jellies with tongs, as they will be really hot
Boon bath toys are definitely different from a lot of other bath toys. The jellies will sure be one of your child’s favorites. This bath toy allows children to create endless combinations, providing them with a lot of fun during bath time!
View on Amazon
Our daughter loves this bath toy, after using it for almost a year, it still is in great shape.
The Yookiddo Submarine Spray Station is one of the best bath toys available that will make bathtime fun for children. This battery operated kids bath toy collects water through the submarine and shoots the water out through the diver showerhead. Children have can then direct the showerhead at the wall mounted water station to fill up the water gage. Then they can watch the exciting effects that this cool bath toy will create! This bath toy for toddlers also includes a spinning water gauge, detachable water funnel and a spinning propeller. Children will look forward to bath time with this awesome bath toy!
- This kids bath toy teaches children simple concepts such as how objects sink, float, can be filled up or emptied and the difference between light and heavy
- The design of the Submarine Spray Station bath toy is lightweight and will fit perfectly into a child’s hand and is simple for them to use independently
- Parents who have purchased this toy for their child or children love this bath toy because not only does it keep children entertained but the showerhead is strong enough to rinse off their children. They highly recommend this bath toy to parents looking for something different to keep their child or children entertained during bath time
- Learning how to grasp and hold the showerhead and how the spraying function works in different ways assists in developing children’s fine motor skills and hand eye coordination
- This kids bath toy requires 4 AA batteries. The battery compartment has the possibility to become corroded because of water damage
- Some parent reviews have stated that mold had appeared at the back of this bath toy. It’s recommended that this toy is rinsed and dried after every use to prevent mold growth
- There is a chance that the showerhead will stop working after constant use. If this occurs contact Amazon for assistance
The manufacture recommends that parents periodically removes the batteries after each use to prevent corrosion
It is also important for parents to periodically clean the filter of this bath toy every time the batteries are replaced
Wash the filter wish soap and water and let dry completely before reassembling
Children of any age will love playing with this tub toy during bath time! It will also make bath time much easier for parents! Reviews have stated that this toy has lasted longer than many other bath toys they have purchased for their children.
View on Amazon
Perfect toy for your child to play in the tub or in the pool. It is well-made and I think it will easily last for years to come. Happy customer.
The Nuby Octopus Hoopla Bath is one of the best baby bath toys. The purple octopus is able to float around the bathtub; this will occupy your child’s attention while bathing. You won’t need to worry about water getting trapped in this baby bath toy and the potential of mould. This tub toy includes three differently designed rings that will float along side the floating octopus. Each ring will fit on the tentacles, allowing you to play ring toss with your child during bath time!
- Nuby’s Octopus baby bath toy will not only make bathtime fun and exciting for children, but it’s also an educational toy
- This floating bath toy will stimulate children’s hand eye coordination
- It is 100% BPA free and made from materials that are safe and mold resistant
- The colors and design of this bath toy allow it to be highly engaging for children
- There are better baby bath toy available to purchase as with this one babies may struggle placing the rings on the octopus without help
- Some reviews have stated that this bath toy smells of plastic chemicals when they remove it from the packaging. If this occurs, contact Amazon and request a refund.
Definitely a great bath toy. You’re getting great value for your money. It’s great that it doesn’t have any holes so parents don’t need to worry about mould from water growing on the inside
Children will enjoy playing with the Nuby Octopus bath toy during bath time! As a parent, you will enjoy watching your child trying to place the rings on the tentacles and will be proud to see how hard they’re trying and the amount of fun they’re having! The colors and design of this baby bath toy will keep their attention. This is one of the best bath toys for toddlers that is affordable and will help and teach them some valuable motor skills.
View on Amazon
I would highly recommend this bath toy. We bought this for our son and he loves it. It was packaged nicely and the build quality is amazing.
Another one of the best toddler bath toys. If you have older children this is also a fun kids bath toy. It will keep them entertained during bath time while developing their fine motor skills.
- This bath toy for toddlers will teach them the concept of moving parts and the different ways they move together
- It is easy to clean and is made out of durable plastic
- This colorful bath toy will stimulate children’s visual senses
- The spinning wheels and bowtie on this bath toy will develop children’s tactile skills
- Consumer reports have stated that the suction cups attached to the back of this bath toy for toddlers are strong enough to hold it up on the bath tub wall
- This tub toy hasn’t been designed well. The frog has an opening at the top where children are able to pour in water to engage the waterfall, but all the cups included have holes making it difficult to fill up the frog with water. This makes it difficult for toddlers to fill it up fast enough without all the water draining out by the time they go to fill it up. Parents have suggested a cup without holes should be included
This is a colorful and engaging bath toy. It will entertain your child in several different ways. Many parents appreciate that this toy doesn’t make any noises or light up like many other toys
This tub toy comes with a lifetime warranty
This is a great bath toy for toddlers to keep children entertained during bath time and is easy for small hands to operate. The design of this tub toy teaches children the different ways water can flow.
View on Amazon
My little one loves playing with these. The boats are adorable and it is fun for my son to count the numbers on them.
Guaranteed to be an exciting and fun bath toy! Including 4 colorful floating boats for the bathtub. Each boat is magnetic and can attach together to create a line of boats that with a little imagination from child or parent can go anywhere in the world! Not only is this a great bath toy for toddlers but is also a great bath toy for older kids.
- This bath toy for toddlers will provide a educational and fun way for children to learn about shapes and colors
- The design of this tub toy will enhance children’s motor skills and encourages them to use their imagination and creativity
- Each boat is a different color and features a magnet that allows children to easily attach this bath toy together to create a ‘boat train’
- This versatile toy can go from the bathtub to wherever children’s imaginations take them
- Has been tested and certified as a safe bath toy for children age 3+
- Reviews have stated that this bath toy retains water and there is no way to drain water. This has made parents worried about the possibility of mold growth. If this occurs return your order to Amazon and they will send a new set or reimburse the bath toy’s amount
- Magnets that connect boats together have been known to rust and turn bath water a different color
This bath toy for toddlers and older kids will make bath time fun! It has been made out of environmentally friendly materials. The colors of the boats may vary in each package but all contain a magnet to attach the boats together
These boat bath toys for toddlers will make bath time entertaining. Connecting the boats together to make a ‘boat train’ allow children to use their imaginations and create endless stories for where these boats can go! They are also colorful and the perfect size for little hands.
View on Amazon
Such an amazing product I must say. They look so cute and you can easily stick them to the wall or the tub. They look sturdy from the material and my kid loves them!
It is important for parents to teach their children letters and numbers at a young age. This Munchkin bath toy can help you do that. This is a popular educational bath toy. The set of letters and numbers come in 6 different bright colors, which gives parents the opportunity to teach their children colors too!
- Made of foam material and is lightweight, allowing them to float around the bathtub
- For parents who want to make bathtime educational, these numbers and letters will help
- Perfect bath toy for toddler’s little hand. Children will be excited to be able to stick them on the bathtub or bathtub wall independently
- This brightly colored bath toy will catch and keep children’s attention and will keep them engaged during bathtime
- Strong rubber odor and have noticed mould reported if pieces are not completely dried before being stored
- Can be a choking hazard for children under 3 years old
This Munchkin bath toy does the trick for teaching toddlers letters, numbers and colors. Parents have commented that they could be improved by using better materials to reduce the chances of mould or could be magnetic to improve the way they can stick to the bathtub.
The Munchkin Letters and Numbers included everything parents want in the best bath toy for toddlers. This product will provide children with endless fun and possibilities. They are inexpensive, safe, and enhances children’s learning experience during bath time!
The Bottom Line
Bath time is very special for a parent and their child to create memories and have tons of fun. Bath toys play an important part in adding interest, excitement and laughter while being a learning experience for all. Parents are always searching for unique ways to create a special one-on-one experience with their child. So with this in mind, our top pick out of the ten best bath toy line up reviewed goes to Boon Water Bugs with Net. Followed closely by our second choice of Nuby Octopus Hopla Toy and then 3 Bees & Me Magnetic Boat Set.
Whether you’re looking for a fun and entertaining bath toy to pass the time or one that is educational, you will not be disappointed with any of our reviewed choices and as a reminder these products all meet or exceed required safety standards.
Don’t forget to make bath time special and fun!
Frequently Asked Questions
How to clean baby bath toys?
There are many methods to clean baby bath toys, but the most popular one involves the use of vinegar. Mix a half cup of white vinegar with one gallon of warm water in a bucket and place the toys in the solution. Let the toys soak for about one hour and then scrub them using a sponge. When cleaning the toys’ inside, you can suck or squeeze out the solution inside the toys. Rinse the toys with clean, warm water and allow them to air-dry.
Can we clean bath toys in dishwasher?
Yes. But first, you must check if the toys are dishwasher safe. You should also dry the toys before placing them in the dishwasher. After squeezing out the excess water in the toys, place them in the dishwasher rack. However, if the toys are smaller, consider putting them on the plastic dishwasher box or lingerie bag on the top shelf. Add the dishwasher detergent and wash the toys using a warm or heated cycle to ensure they come out dry.
At what age do babies play with bath toys?
Babies can start playing with the bath toys at 6-8 months old when they can sit without assistance. At that age, they enjoy exploring and playing in the bathtub, making it easy to introduce the bath toys you think they love most.
How to keep water from getting into bath toys?
Most bath toys that squeak or squirt water have holes in the bottom where water can potentially enter through and encourage mold growth. Consider sealing the holes using glue before putting them in the bathtub to prevent more water from getting into the toys.
How to keep bath toys from molding?
You can prevent bath toys from molding by minimizing the amount of water entering into them and also by cleaning them frequently. To prevent water from getting into the toys, plug all the holes before placing them in the bathtub. To clean the bath toys, you can use vinegar, a dishwasher, or bleach agents like chlorine.
Copyright © 2019 Net Parents. All Right Reserved.