Because, baby is very prone to accident, especially when he start to learn how to crawl and develop his curiosity to things. So you cannot hold him in your arm every second. At some point, you also need to let him go exploring stuff and learn about them. Therefore, one thing you can do is make sure that he is surrounded by the controlled and safe environment to explore.
Baby’s sleeping spot is one thing that is also need to be considered deeply. This is the place where your baby will have his relaxing sleeping time, when the baby brain and body development is indeed at its peak. Therefore, it should be able to support it and give him as many as comfort that he needs. Furthermore, it should also be as safe as possible, because you do not want anything to happen to your baby during his sleep. Because, according to data, there are many cases when baby is experiencing the Sudden Infant Death Syndrome when they are asleep caused by many external factors such as sleeping environment. So here are several explanation about safety of baby’s sleep that you need to know.
Crib Safety Consideration
Crib is one example of functional baby’s bedding. This is highly suitable since it has a rail to keep your baby from falling. It is also very practical since you can place it anywhere you want, be it in your baby’s room, your room, or even your living room. It is indeed one of the must have item for baby care. However, you should make sure that the crib is suitable for safe usage of your baby.
- Tooth resistant rails. Every crib usually has railing. It prevents your baby from falling. However, you should put some railing coverage when your baby is starting to bite anything. Because, if he bites the railing, he could eat the paint and the wood and that would be dangerous from his stomach and digestion system.
- Crib Placement. The crib is indeed needed to be save for the usage. Furthermore, the crib should be the place in a well temperature room, not too cold and not too hot. The humidity should be suitable for his respiratory system quality. It also should be free from smokes and noise. Furthermore, the crib should not be placed under the frame pictures or mirror. Because if these things fall, it could harm your baby. Therefore, you need to make sure that there is no dangerous stuff lying around the baby’s crib for his safety.
- Firm Fitting Matress. The bedding is also very crucial. To prevent your baby from suffocating, you should not use the too soft surface. Use the firm one, and have it covered with a clean sheet. Neatly tuck the sheet under the mattress so that it does not easily get wrinkled. Therefore, your baby will have a decent surface that will not block his respiration system. Furthermore, if you use a blanket for your baby, make sure that the placement is nowhere near the face so it will not slide on his face. As another option, you can put him in the sleeping clothes as a replacement for the blanket.
- Crib Toys. Baby usually has many toys. However, you should also make sure that there are no stuff toys around the bedding to prevent any harm caused when your baby is sleeping, be it scratch, bump, or suffocating.
- Mobile. Not only the safety of the crib, the embellishment is also necessary. You could put on the mobile on your baby’s crib. It is very beneficial to entertain your baby. It could make him calm and it often helps you to get him to sleep. However, when your baby is starting to reach for things, you might want to get rid of the mobile because it could harm him in ways.
Raising Concern About Drop Side Cribs
The crib for the baby although it is highly functional, but it is also having several risk of usage. In several cases, the crib can also cause injury to your baby. Therefore, the crib is usually made to be adjustable and, therefore, you can suit them according to your need. Furthermore, the safety construction of the crib is also rapidly increasing over the years, resulting in a well built and safe helping device.
Baby Bedding, Bumpers, and Blankets
Having a new born could make such a great moment for your life. It is completely normal to be very excited about this. Furthermore, it is also understandable if you are celebrating it with purchasing many baby’s kit such as blanket, bedding, and many more. You can choose the most beautiful one and embellish his room with so many cute decorations that will match his room and outfit theme. However, you should also make sure that you choose the suitable function of the baby’s kit that you buy. You cannot chose them merely from the looks. Because, not only that it would be a waste of money, it will also be a disaster if your purchases turn out to fail to give satisfactory usage quality for your baby.
Furthermore, in using all the tools that you buy, you also need to make sure that you perform the perfect usage. Make sure that you learn how to do things before hand, therefore, you know exactly what you should do to keep your baby need full filled. For example, make sure that the blanket will be functional and do not put it too close with your baby’s face when he is sleeping because he can get suffocated. Furthermore, you should also make sure that the receiving blanket for your baby is suitable for his comfort. Do not put them on too tight because it could suffocate him. However make sure that it is not too loose as well because your baby’s hand could get out or he may not get as much as warmth as he should.
Baby is a fragile living thing that depends entirely to the parents. Their safety, as well as their needs, is needed to be carefully full filled. Therefore, he will have the maximum development and growth of brain and body. Proper and good quality of sleeping is one way to achieve the goal of well developed baby. To achieve that goal, the sleeping spot safety and well placement is crucial. Because, it is one of the most important needs that your baby has to have the most perfect sleeping experience in order to achieve the perfect goal of well developed body and brain.