Humidifiers are helpful if you suffer from health-related conditions caused or made worse by dry air. If you suffer from asthma, frequent nose bleeds, cracked lips and sinus pressure, a humidifier could be helpful in alleviating your symptoms. People who are suffering from colds or bronchitis can also find relief from using a humidifier.
Humidifiers treat dry air by releasing moisture, making it easier to breath and soothing your dry throat and nose. Unlike a vaporizer, which emits hot steam, humidifiers put cool to lukewarm moisture into the air. This cool air is easier to breathe than hot steam, which is more beneficial for congestion. Some people have humidifiers built into the central heating and cooling systems of their houses, while others have a portable humidifier they keep in their bedrooms for use when the air is particularly dry. Some people don’t like the portable humidifier, however, because they can be quite noisy.
So it’s now time to take a leap into the world of humidifiers! If you’re still on the fence, or researching the best humidifier to purchase, we’ve compiled a list of the top rated humidifiers. Each humidifier have all been analysed and have received positive customer reviews on Consumer Reports from soon to be mothers like you looking for the humidifier that are comfortable to wear and use. We’ve read through numerous customer reviews and customer reports to provide you the best humidifier.
Best Humidifiers At A Glance
Before we get into a detailed discussion on the different kinds of humidifiers, below is a brief overview of the humidifiers that we think you might want to take a quick look at.
View on Amazon
Helps me rest easy and have a good night’s sleep. I like the fact that it takes 3 days for the water to run out.
The Vicks Filter-Free Cool Mist Humidifier quietly produces visible cool mist, providing temporary relief from cough and congestion for better breathing and a more comfortable sleep. This easy to clean humidifier has no filter to replace, for extra savings and convenience. The 1.2-gallon tank contains enough water to run continuously for up to 30 hours, for fuss-free relief.
- This easy to clean humidifier has variable humidity controls that allows you to manage humidity levels and the large tank opening makes it easy to fill
- You can use Vicks Vapo Pads for added relief from cold and cough symptoms for easier breathing and restful sleep
- This Vicks humidifier is easy to maintain and requires no filters
- This Vicks humidifier works best in a medium sized room for up to 30 hours
- There are complaints that there is a leaky sound when on the highest setting
- This product requires high maintenance
Viruses and bacteria can’t travel as well in moist air. A humidifier could mean the difference between getting the flu and remaining healthy.
A humidifier can help prevent the damaging effects of dry air such ass dryness and flaking.
Whether you are looking to get relief from coughs or colds or comfort from dry air, Vicks humidifier add essential moisture into the air to help you and your family feel better. It operates quietly, has variable humidity controls and is ideal for medium sized rooms.
View on Amazon
It’s a really good humidifier and this cute little thing has worked really well this season in preventing me from catching any sort of disease.
The Vicks Mini Filter Free Cool Mist Humidifier provides soothing, visible mist for temporary relief of cough and congestion for better breathing and a more comfortable sleep. Designed for low maintenance operation, this filter less humidifier and is ultra quiet.
- This Vicks cool mist humidifier operates very quietly and has a soft glow nightlight
- This best cool mist humidifier creates cool, visible mist with no filters to ever buy or replace
- This Vicks cool mist humidifier has a removable 0.5 gallon tank with handle and wide opening for easy filling and cleaning
- This mini humidifier comes with an adjustable mist control and operates up to 20 hours on the lowest setting and shuts off automatically when empty
- Reviews indicate that the machine will randomly stop working at times
- Reviews state that after a couple of months usage the unit began to leak water
Sleeping with a humidifier will help lower that tight feeling you get in your nose during dry cold weather.
If you end up with a cold, a sinus infection or the flu, a humidifier will shorten your suffering. It helps by keeping your throat moist helping you heal faster coughing and sneezing.
The Vicks Cool Mist Humidifier creates cool, visible mist to help temporarily relieve cough and congestion symptoms for better breathing and more comfortable sleep. Designed for small rooms, this 0.5-gallon best cool mist humidifier has adjustable mist control to regulate the humidity level.
View on Amazon
Over the years I have bought a lot of humidifiers, but all of them were so noisy. The Honeywell Cool is so quiet that I can have it in the same room and easily concentrate on studying.
The MistMate Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier quietly produces a fine, visible cool mist that helps make you and your home more comfortable. The Honey well humidifier is also available in white, red and blue.
- This Honeywell cool mist humidifier features an easy to use control knob with variable output settings
- This Honey well humidifier has an automatic shut-off when it is empty
- With the MistMate you can see the cool visible mist and feel the comfort
- This honey well humidifier has an ultra quiet operation and a large tank for easy filling/cleaning
- There have been reports about the fan that eventually stopped working and mist would not leave the reservoir
- A review stated that after a few months the fan gets really loud and began to leak
During the winter, a humidifier helps keeps your plants healthy allowing your plants to keep you healthy by removing toxins in the air.
A humidifier can help preserve the integrity of wood, maintaining your wood furniture for years to come.
The Honeywell Cool Mist Humidifier helps is maintaining proper humidity levels thus reducing static electricity and helping keep to keep your throat and nasal passages hydrated. The small humidifier and fun colour options make it perfect for small areas such as desktops and nightstands.
View on Amazon
This humidifier gets just the right amount of moisture in my room. I am really happy after buying this!
The Honeywell Cool Moisture Humidifier provides filtered invisible moisture to relieve dry air discomforts in your home. This features quiet operation and is the best humidifier for bedroom. The removable 0.8-gallon water tank is break-resistant and has a wide opening that makes it easy to fill and clean.
- This Honeywell humidifier offers invisible cool moisture output
- This Honeywell humidifier is 30% quieter than other evaporative top rated humidifiers
- These top rated humidifiers are made with a break resistant water tank. The large tank is easy to fill and clean
- The wicking filter captures minerals from the water and helps prevent white dust in areas with hard water
- There are online humidifier reviews about significant mould and dust build up within the first few weeks
- This cool humidifier requires constant filter changing to operate effectively
Warm humidifiers help prevent growling morning voice caused by dry air in vocal cords.
Moist air feels warmer than dry air. If you use a warm humidifier with your heater it can help you save on your heating bill during the winter.
This Honeywell humidifier has two speed settings and can run for up to 18 hours on the low setting. This best humidifier for bedroom includes a wicking filter that removes minerals from water, reducing white dust in hard water areas and providing clean moisture output. Overall it creates soothing invisible moisture to relieve dry air discomforts.
View on Amazon
My daughter gets a lot of nosebleeds due to the dry weather and after searching for the perfect kids humidifier I bought this and her nosebleeds are no longer a problem anymore.
Crane’s Adorable Crane cool mist humidifiers are more than just fun to look at! The ultrasonic cool mist increases moisture in the air for easier breathing and a good night’s sleep. This baby humidifier help to relieve cough, cold and flu symptoms, nasal congestion, dry cough, sinus irritation, nosebleeds, & dry skin and hair.
- This crane cool mist humidifier has a removable 1 gallon tank and fits under most bathroom sinks for easy filling and runs quiet for up to 24 hours
- This baby humidifier has an Ultrasonic Cool Mist that effectively reduces mould and bacteria growth
- This crane humidifier does not require a filter
- This crane humidifier automatically shuts off when the water level is low
- The reservoir for the water leaks when you try to turn it upright to reattach it to the base after refilling this baby humidifier
- The crane humidifier creates a lot of condensation between the 3 separate parts causing water to drip when moving or refilling
Using a kids humidifier reduces the dry air and in turn reduces the chance of getting a static shock.
Studies have shown that a moist environment tends to feel warmer and comfortable which encourages a good night’s sleep.
Get relief from Cold and Flu Symptoms and bring Wellness to your entire Family with a Crane cool mist Humidifier. Featuring an award winning, child friendly animal designs and top rated performance, this best humidifier for baby provides up to 24 hours of soothing moisture to help relieve the effects of dryness and congestion. This is the best humidifier for baby helping your baby to breathe easy and sleep through the night peacefully.
View on Amazon
Amazing humidifier I use this mostly in my living room area and it keeps it a nice fresh place to sit and relax.
Moisturize the dry air in your home or office in minutes with the MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier from Pure Enrichment. This powerful and aesthetically pleasing table top cold mist humidifier is packed with smart features that make it the perfect solution for improving the air quality in any room.
- This room humidifier safely moisturizes the air for up to 16 hours of continuous operation so you can breath easy and get more restful sleep
- The high and low speed settings make it easy to adjust mist direction and speed to fit your comfort level
- This room humidifier provides ideal coverage for bedrooms, offices and other medium sized rooms
- This mini humidifier has an optional nightlight and an auto shut off feature
- It’s a struggle to clean the bottom of the tank and mildew builds up
- Reviews indicate that the reservoir of this cold mist humidifier cracked after very little use
Use distilled or demineralized water to save clean up time. Regular tap water has minerals that create build up in your machine and promote bacterial growth.
Clean once a week. Make this a regular routine to get cleaning done quickly and keep your home healthy.
This mist humidifier 1.5-liter tank delivers a moisture output of 150 millilitres per hour making it the perfect solution to relieve the symptoms associated with dry air. On the low setting, you can expect up to 16 hours of continuous, safe operation.
View on Amazon
I love how you can use this as an air freshener! I like to buy lavender oil and make my room smell like lavender! Certainly is the best humidifier.
Maintain a healthy home with the Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic Humidifier. Maintaining humidity levels above 43% decreases the risk of illness and disease, and helps relieve dry, irritated skin. Ensure your home’s optimal humidity level with this humidifier.
- This humidifier features a a high output and a large capacity It has a 1.6 gallon tank with a high mist output of 270ml per hour
- This best room humidifier has an essential oil tray where you can add your favourite oils similar to an oil diffuser
- This humidifier reduces airborne viruses and bacteria by allowing you to control the humidity in the room
- This best room humidifier does not require a filter or a filter change. It also has an auto shut off preventing damage to the unit
- This humidifier sometimes smells of mildew after thoroughly washing
- The humidifier makes a gurgling sound every few hours
Always change your filters regularly based on the manufacturers instructions.
Too much humidity can be just as problematic as not enough. Be sure to use a hygrometer to measure the humidity to an ideal level.
With a large 6L tank, powerful mist output, essential oil compartment and a built-in night-light, this Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic Humidifier has all the features you need in one sleek and affordable machine.
View on Amazon
This little thing maintains the moisture of my whole studio apartment. I didn’t think it would work, I’m impressed.
The TaoTronics humidifier is an ultrasonic humidifier that emits water vapor to moisten dry air. It uses a microporous ceramic cartridge that filters water from micro-organisms and bad odor. The humidity level can easily be set to the ideal setting for your room.
- This cool mist humidifier has ultrasonic air diffusion produces less than 38 dB of noise for a quiet humidification that won’t keep you up at night
- The micro porous cartridge filters the water and removes microorganisms for safer air
- This taotronics humidifier offers up to 15 hours of adjustable humidification for purified air that will last the night
- This cool mist humidifier comes with a built-in timer, intuitive LED display, sleep mode and a 360-degree rotable nozzle
- There are some complaints about this cool mist humidifier being difficult to clean
- This cool mist humidifier does not work will with hard water and gathers mould frequently
Always keep the humidity level between 30 and 50 percent.
Be sure to change the water daily to prevent unwanted growth from escaping into the air.
This TaoTronics humidifier adjust the mist modes, it’s incredibly quiet and doesn’t make a sound, it has a 1-gallon capacity and 15 hour working time on a full tank will last most of the day and well into the night. Overall this humidifier offers the full package.
View on Amazon
This is great and it fits perfectly with the aesthetic of my living room. It is easy to clean as well!
This evaporative large room humidifier from Aircare is sure to complement any decor. It has an easy-fill tank with a large holding capacity for an extended runtime. This humidifier for allergies works to add invisible moisture to your environment by moving dry air through a saturated wick filter.
- This evaporative humidifier has digital controls with an auto humidistat
- This large room humidifier automatically shuts off when desired humidity is reached or when unit is empty
- This evaporative humidifier has Trapmax Filter Technology with antibacterial protection
- This evaporative humidifier has a check filter and water refill light indicators
- The construction of this large room humidifier is thin and light weight and feels fragile
- There are humidifier reviews about the humidity not staying as programmed after weeks of usage
Clean your cold humidifier often and follow the directions on how to best clean it. Disinfect with bleach every three to four days.
It is recommended to skip a cheap humidifier is you have mould or dust mite allergies as they can invite more.
This evaporative humidifier is a great solution for adding much needed humidity to dry indoor air. It raises indoor relative humidity levels so airborne flu virus particles are rendered powerless, and maintains proper humidity levels to helps treat allergy symptoms.
View on Amazon
The water-capacity is amazing how smart this humidifier is and that it maintains a nice constant level of moisture unlike other humidifiers.
Are you looking for some items to decorate your room? Why not get a URPOWER 5L Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier now? Urpower Humidifier uses mature Ultrasonic Technology with a sleek body design. This makes the urpower humidifier to be not only functional but also decorative.
- With a 5 litre water tankit allows for a full night of cool water vapor
- This cool humidifier has a perfect matte black body design and makes it a perfect decoration in any places
- This humidifier for allergies has a sleep mode setting the mist to a middle level and shutting off light indicators
- This cool air humidifier is easy to operate since there is only one power button for you to control the cold humidifier
- After a few months of use, the cheap humidifier may break down and stop producing vapor
- It is difficult to find the power button on this cool humidifier when it is dark
Keep a humidifier out of especially humid zones such as kitchens, bathrooms and laundry rooms.
Remove build-ups in your cool air humidifier. If you don’t remove mineral scale, the water you use won’t evaporate properly, and your humidifier could stop working.
The URPOWER 5L Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier has a max mist volume reaching to 350ml/h. 5L large capacity allows a full night of humidifying. You do not need to wake up in the midnight to add water. Just as we all know, the humidifier emits cool water vapor to add moisture back into the air.
The Bottom Line
Humidifiers are small machines that add moisture to the air, usually in order to combat a dry, arid environment. There are many different types of small humidifiers, but they all have the same function, control humidity. Keeping your home within the recommended range can be seriously beneficial.
Unfortunately in most homes, the humidity level is not within the healthy range of 30-50%. Owning and operating an air humidifier is an excellent way to ensure your home has a healthy humidity level. Homes that have too low of a humidity level can cause residents to face a variety of unwanted health benefits including; infections, asthma, and respiratory irritations.
In homes where the air is too dry, a warm mist humidifier is an excellent tool. An air humidifier is used to bring more moisture, and to regulate the amount of moisture in the air to make sure that it is within the comfortable 30-50% range.
We researched the best humidifiers to reduce allergy and cold symptoms, snoring, and infections. These will also prevent household wooden items like flooring and furniture from the harmful effects of getting too dry. Finally, we looked at the best humidifier to help warm the air in the winter and can in turn reduce energy costs. A warm mist humidifier purpose of keeping humidity at an ideal range means that it serves multiple purposes and can be an extremely beneficial appliance for your home.
Copyright © 2019 Net Parents. All Right Reserved.