Last updated on January 31st, 2019
So you purchased a good crib (possibly insert link to reviews of cribs if we’ve done it) and you are confident about it. Your baby is safe and sound in the little box, and you are ready to sit down and relax, maybe even watch some Netflix. Right?
Baby cribs are important, but what you put in it is no less important than the crib itself. When we start thinking about buying our baby crib sheets, we are face with a multitude of decisions that must be made. A consumer reports suggests, buying crib sheets is both a decorative decision, as well as a safety question.
At net parents, we looked with a magnifying glass at each and every thread and we’ve brought to you the safest, comfiest, coolest, and cutest baby crib sheets that you’ll find on the market. We’ve had to look through hundreds of reviews from other parents, just to we can be sure that what we put up is the crème de la crème of baby crib sheets.
Baby Crib Sheets Buying Guide
Nonetheless, there are some considerations you must keep in mind before you choose the right crib sheets:
- Safety’s first. Don’t put any extra items you think are cute, or will match your décor. A simple, good crib with a good mattress and great crib bed sheets are all you should have. Not only does it help stitch that hole in your pocket, but it also means there’s a much smaller chance of SIDS or chocking.
- In this case, crib sheets are going to be very important, not just because they need to look nice, but they also need to fit well. Therefore, look for fitted crib sheets, just like the ones we present hereon. Non-fitted sheets are not only harder to handle, but are hazardous and should be avoided altogether. That also means you should never use sheets that are too big: adult sheets are not baby crib sheets! So don’t even think about it.
- Your second consideration should be the size. And this relates to our previous point. If you are using a mini crib, get mini crib sheets. If you are using a bassinet, get appropriately sized cradle sheets. If you want to travel, then you need to look for the appropriate portable crib sheets. The bottom line is you want to eliminate hazards by getting the appropriate size for you. We’ve done our part in bringing you options, now you have to pick the right ones.
- Types: There are so many different types of crib sheets and crib bedding and it’s easy to get confused. It’s especially frustrating if you just finished choosing the right crib and mattress. So here’s a quick breakdown:
- Cotton- The most popular type of crib sheets It’s really safe, and it’s breathable, meaning air can circulate back and forth around the body, providing the right temperature on cold or hot days. The pure, organic crib sheets are hypoallergenic, and in general, cotton is very easy to wash, and becomes softer every time you do. The only real problem with cotton is it tends to wrinkle, but even if you don’t want to iron it, over time, regular use will eliminate these. Don’t be alarmed if they feel hard when you just get them, they will soften after washing.
- Muslin cotton is a type that is generally little subordinate in quality.
- Sateen is an extremely soft, high quality type of cotton.
- Flannel- Great to keep the baby warm. Baby crib sheets made from flannel are of different texture and feel a little less soft, but they do not shrink. Flannel crib sheets should not be used in warm weather.
- Fleece (polyester) – These crib sheets do not shrink or wrinkle, but they are man-made fibers, as opposed to natural cotton. Fleece crib sheets do not breathe as well.
- Always wash new sheets. You never know what chemicals or dyes are leftover on them. Plus, it’ll make cotton sheets softer.
- Décor- This is completely up to you, but we’ve brought you a whole compendium of crib sheets, some of which have dozens of designs for you to choose from. So whether you want simple black and white crib sheets, or cute elephant ones, we have something for every taste. Remember, these baby sheets will be a big part of your nursery design.
- Have at least two sheets at all time, because accidents happen, and change them over time. Even the best ones don’t last forever.
Best Baby Crib Sheets At A Glance
Before we delve into a detailed discussion, we wanted to give you a simple overview of the products we will cover:
View on Amazon
I am very happy with the product. Purchased these crib sheets for my niece’s new baby and she was extremely happy that we had chosen organic ones. Will definitely recommend it to all our friends.
The highest quality we’ve found, these organic crib sheets are so soft your baby’s bottom will have serious competition. We’ve loved the design too, it fits most décor we can think of, is simple, but just proper.
We think that elephant crib sheets are awesome. There’s just something about elephants and stars combined that makes sleepy time happen. With 100% certified organic cotton, which is so soft that we just want to rub the screen. They are easily washed, and they already come as a duplicate, saving you the hassle of having to buy a second one (remember, you should always have an extra crib sheet on hand!)
- 100% GOTS-certified Organic Jersey Cotton, chemical free
- Extremely high quality creating amazing softness
- Comes in two
- Money back guarantee
- Easy to wash
We really had a hard time finding flaws with these sheets, which is a first. We’ve found the following:
- They are a little thin
- The plastic that wraps it when it’s shipped has an odor.
These crib sheets are for a boy or a girl, and so they make a great gift no matter who it is.
We think this is an amazing crib sheet, and we definitely recommend getting this pair. It’s got everything you will need and a décor that will fit most houses. And trust us, no baby will complain about the feeling. Or the elephants.
View on Amazon
We wanted an organic crib sheet for our baby's crib. These are perfect, really thick and soft. We even bought an extra to pack in our to go bag. Love these sheets so much!
Magnolia Organics really live up to the ‘organics’-part of their name. Not only are they using 100% organic cotton for the crib sheets, but the packaging itself is organic! The 400-gram interlock makes these baby sheets softer than you can imagine, and the variety in colors makes choosing the right ones easy and entertaining.
The interlock technique used in creating these fully organic crib sheets creates a thicker, softer piece of fiber that is breathable and versatile. It will not stick to the baby’s body and perfectly fit your mattress.
- 100% organic cotton
- Manufacturing process is completely organic and GOTS certified
- Fitted sheets
- 400-gram interlock make it thicker and extra soft
- Versatile colors
- Packaging is organic
There aren’t many complaints with these baby crib sheets. One of the main ones is you cannot put it in the dryer, or it will shrink significantly. It may also be a little tough to get the right color, based on the name.
- Can’t be used in a dryer
- Comparably expensive
- May find the color names confusing, as there are no direct pictures
Not only are there 9 different colors, but you these can come in 3 different sizes: standard, bassinet, or porta.
Definitely great crib sheets, with a huge variety in color and sizes, and a great material. We think these could be the softest crib sheets out there right now, though on the thicker side. Plus with the high variety of colors, these can be great as crib sheets for girls or boys! You really get what you pay for.
View on Amazon
It is really hard to find cute organic crib sheets. These sheets are super soft, and the colors are perfect. Love these sheets!
We’ve already established that magnolia takes their organic crib sheets promise very dedicatedly. These sheets are no exception. They are soft and thick and include a nice elephant pattern on top of the best colors for sheets.
These sheets have a thread count of 300, and are made of sateen cotton, which means they are incredibly soft. With the weaving techniques Magnolia is famously using, they become thick, yet breathable. And we can’t turn a blind eye to the fact that these are elephant crib sheets. Like we said before, there’s just something about elephants that makes babies want to sleep!
- 100% Eco-friendly, certified organic material, including the packaging
- A variety of colors to choose from
- 300-thread count, sateen cotton
- The packaging is a reusable bag which is very convenient
There are minimal complaints with these crib sheets as well. The main concern is that the color names can be confusing (e.g. sky), and it shrinks once you wash it.
- May not be satisfied with the color you chose, as it is hard to choose online based on the name
- Will shrink when you wash and especially when you dry it
With the variety in colors and the nice patterns, it can make a great baby shower gift!
In our opinion, these are some of the best crib sheets out there today. We love the fact that it’s fully organic, as that means there are less chemicals that are potentially detrimental to our babies. We know the price is steeper than other sheets, but it’s well worth every penny. These will make a lovely baby boy or baby girl crib sheets.
View on Amazon
Our grandson is at our house every week. They fit perfectly and are so cute! They are soft and nice and wash up perfectly. I love these sheets. Huge recommendation!
These mini crib sheets are great for those who are looking for such sizes, which are mostly for portable mattresses and cribs. We love the design, which, again involves elephants, and a zig-zaggy pattern. Yes, they come in two, so you can rest assured you have enough baby bed sheets to take with you.
A cute design that features two different kinds and can thus fit your décor, although you will probably not be as concerned about it since it is for a mini crib. Nonetheless, when you go out, you want to go out in style. More importantly, these sheets are completely organic and hypoallergenic, as they are washed and cleaned before being shipped. They are also highly durable, and made from high quality jersey cotton.
- High quality, 100% organic jersey cotton
- Easy to clean, and gets softer with every wash
- Highly durable
- Come in a pack of two, for a good price
These are great sheets, even though they are not the softest crib sheets. They may also not look that great on a white mattress, but that may not be a huge issue. Some complain about the fit as well, though most have been very satisfied.
- Not as soft, and very thin
- Might look a little drab or dingy
- May be a little off when it comes to the fit
These sheets also come in pink, so it’s not just a baby boy crib sheet, you can make it as girly as you’d like. The pink crib sheets can also be used for a standard crib.
These Cuddly Cubs crib sheets are quite impressive, and will satisfy most of your needs. For that price, we even want to call the cheap, but they are not cheap crib sheets in quality. These are soft, hypoallergenic, fully organic, and super cute. Great value, great product.
View on Amazon
The material and it is really, very soft and fits my crib mattress perfectly. I had one cost me the same price for only one sheet. This 2-pack crib sheet has no problem with it. Great buy.
Some of us are thinking really hard about how fashionable the sheets are. After all, we’ve spent all this time decorating our nursery, and we’ve finally made it into a top-notch, cool place to be. So we really can’t ruin it with some dreary sheets or silly ‘elephantal’ shapes. That’s why we need these black and white crib sheets, that will satisfy our need for great décor, and at the same time leave our baby in safe, soft, loving hands.
Ziggy Baby knows what you want, and it delivers soft, super fashionable crib sheets in a pack of two, so you always have an extra one on hand. It’s pricier than the other, non-organic sheets, but the quality really compensates for it. And with a no-questions-asked refund policy, you have nothing to worry about at the end of the day. Your baby’s crib sheets should satisfy your every whim, and they get it.
- 100% cotton jersey
- Quite soft, breathable, and hypoallergenic
- Highly fashionable
- No-questions-asked refund policy
- Easy to wash (machine washable)
There is one major problem with these sheets: the black and white patterns will start fading after the second wash. And since it’s not part of the fabric, the design makes these sheets less soft, and somewhat ‘scratchy’. The fabric may also start coming apart after a few washes, especially by the elastics.
- Colors fade quickly
- Not as soft, and can be ‘scratchy’
- Not the most durable
We really couldn’t help it, but several people chose to use these sheets for their dog’s bed, since they are so stylish! And it works perfectly. So when you are through with using it for the baby, know these may be used beyond crib-purposes.
You can make a great, fashionable baby shower gift with the matching changing pads and a swaddle blanket for a great price.
If you are one of those parents that needs a fashionable sheet, you’ve come to the right place. These baby crib sheets look great and are quite soft. The fact that they are hypoallergenic also helps. There are some minor problems with them but they will still serve their purpose, and will be with you for a long enough time.
View on Amazon
I am simply in love with this sheet! My daughter sweats a lot very quickly! This sheet keeps her cool and perfect throughout naps and keeps her sensitive skin from getting too much sweaty.
Here we decided to present you with a sheet for straight shooters. literally. We loved the arrow crib sheet design, and we know some people are just drawn to it. We are too. Over and beyond, these come in over 30 colors and types, some with completely different patterns.
With a huge variety of patterns and designs, these baby crib sheets are a wholesome choice indeed. We chose to present you with the arrow design, but there are so much more coming from the American Baby Company. These sheet are made out of 100% jersey cotton, which makes them quite soft, and are very easy to clean and dry in the machine.
- Huge variety to choose from
- Soft, T-shirt like feeling
- High quality, 100% jersey cotton
One problem with these sheets is the deep pockets, which may make it a bit too big on your mattress. It is also very thin, which may induce tears easily. There also may be difference between the different types and colors, so be aware of that.
- May be too loose
- Thinner than you would expect
- Sizes and kinds vary between colors
Since we know we need two sheets at all times, watch for the two sheet combos they have, for example.
An American Baby Company, straight to the point crib sheets. The insane variety of different colors and patterns makes it a great item to look at. They also give you high quality sheets, made from jersey cotton, and pure cotton is always hypoallergenic. So even with the drawbacks and confusion you may encounter, it’s worth the price, and it won’t disappoint.
View on Amazon
Stunning and soft. I have been searching for a long time for the perfect crib sheet for my baby. The pattern and color is amazing. Perfect product. Highly recommended.
Muslin crib sheets can be great, especially the ones by Margaux and May. The special weave they use allows for the fabric to breathe, circulating the air around your baby, which makes it great for summer and winter. The floral crib sheet design is great, especially in its purple option.
This is the unisex design, but the purple one makes a perfect crib sheet for a girl, and both of these fit the nursery décor amazingly. The muslin cotton is a great option as it allows for a breathable fabric. It will also become softer with every wash, and it will not shrink or deteriorate.
- Nice floral crib sheet design, soothing and fitting
- Somewhat durable
- Easy to clean
- 100% muslin cotton perfect for every season
- Softens with every wash
There are a few problems with this sheet, however. One is that the design may start to wear out pretty quickly. The elastic is also not as stretchy as you would find with other models. It is also very thin, so it is not as durable as the other options.
- Design wears out
- Elastic is less flexible than you would like
- It may tear and wear since it is very thin
As always, you should wash the sheets before you use them, but it’s extra important here since it will soften them up for the baby.
When it comes to baby crib sheets, there are always pros and cons. It’s important to look at what you are looking for. This is a highly versatile and very soft sheet that can be used year-round, and its thinness can make it both a strength and a weakness.
View on Amazon
Absolutely impressed with this sheet. Nice fit. Super-soft. No fading after I washed them. This product is highly recommended.
Who says only boys like arrows? This pink crib sheet proves you wrong. Arrows are awesome, and we love to see them around our baby (in drawn format, of course). Not only is this a cool design, but it is also made from high quality materials, and with a satisfaction, money-back guarantee, this is a no-brainer.
Besides being a great baby girl crib sheet, it also features premium quality cotton, and an elastic that beats the competition.
- High quality jersey knit polyester
- A great elastic
- Money back guarantee
- Easy to clean
First of all, it is polyester, and while it’s not inherently bad, it isn’t the best material around. It is quite thin and not so durable as the material picks easily. The colors are also not as depicted in the picture, but are more greyish.
- Thin and less durable, although very stretchy and machine washable
- Colors are depicted more brightly than in actuality.
Know any twins? This would make the perfect gift. One for the boy and one for the girl. Just perfect.
Although we don’t really like polyester, and prefer naturally made fibers, these baby crib sheets are a nice exception. They have their flaws, but they are still great, and will treat the baby right. They are also significantly cheaper, making them our pick for the best cheap crib sheets.
View on Amazon
Beautiful, completely made of cotton that are just adorable in person. Both the material and patterns are precious and is of excellent quality. I'm very pleased with this purchase and the cost.
Mom’s approve- these Ziggy Baby crib sheets are pink and fun, but also soft and durable. And as always, Ziggy Baby comes with a hassle-free money-back guarantee.
These sheets are 100% jersey knit cotton, and that’s always nice to hear. But beyond that they look very cute and will fit almost every nursery. They are easy to clean and durable, and fully elasticized.
- 100% jersey knit cotton
- Cute design that fits the nursery
- Great elastic to fit all cribs
- Easy to wash, machine washable
- Money back, no-hassle, guarantee
Some have complained that these sheets are not as soft as jersey cotton crib sheets usually are. Unfortunately, they aren’t always as stretchy as one would like them to be, and there were a lot of complaints about the fitness of these sheets.
- Not always a great fit
- Not very soft
- Not as elastic as you’d expect
If you encounter any problems at all, you can count on the great customer service to solve your problems.
There have been problems with this product, but they are mild in comparison, and the great customer service as Ziggy Baby will solve every issue you have. These sheets are on the cheaper end, and yet they are still made of high quality materials, and will most likely leave you satisfied. The best part is the design, and we highly recommend these crib sheets for a girl.
View on Amazon
Been using these sheets for my baby for almost 3 years now. I have two white ones, a purple and a pink one. Before we put these on, she would always pull her fitted sheet off and sleep under it. Never once had an issue with these.
Although we are not big fans of polyester and man-made fiber, we liked these Fleece crib sheets. They are extremely warm, and great for the winter, and this particular kind comes in 12 different colors, all of which are a pair. They are cute and they feel great to the touch.
These fleece crib sheets are warm and fluffy, and they are very cute. There are different colors which will make them a perfect addition to your nursery. And as the cherry on top, they are very, very cheap.
- Warm fleece, 100% polyester
- very soft
- very warm
- Easy to wash and dry in the machine
- Come in a set of two
Polyester isn’t always the best choice, because it’s a man-made, unnatural material. There were complaints of it not measuring the right size, the release flint in the dryer, and you cannot use them in warm weather. Over time, they will start to pill and will not stretch as well.
- Will pill overtime, as well as shrink
- May be irritating to dry them, with the amount of flint they release
- May be wrong size
Get these for the colder season, your baby will thank you. Use it on days where it’s really cold.
As far as cheap crib sheets are concerned, these will give you all the value for the buck. They are great for the cold season, and although there are some flaws, they can still be a great addition or supplement for your nursery. For that price, you should highly consider getting the pair!
The Bottom Line
Crib mattress sheets can be very confusing, and dealing with that as a new parent, especially after having to choose the ideal crib and mattress, can feel like too much. Nonetheless, baby crib sheets are very important, and can mean the difference between a well-built and a poorly-built nursery. They are also very important for your child’s comfort. Yet, getting the wrong ones, or being misinformed, can be highly detrimental.
That is why, here at Net Parents, we’ve compiled this elaborate list of choices for you, all of which are safe, soft, cute and fitting. Nonetheless, make sure to follow all the guidelines we’ve provided you with. We hope our little guide helped make the decision-making process a whole lot easier. Now you can rest assured your baby is all tucked in, and you yourself can finally get some rest.
Copyright © 2018 Digitally Savvy, Inc. All Right Reserved.