Having a new baby means tons of new responsibilities along with spending money on products to ensure that they’re well fed, satisfied and safe. When it comes to buying a new product it’s essential to keep in mind your budget, along with product quality. Relying on reviews is helpful, especially when it comes to making a difficult decision, which is why we’ve decided to help put together a review for the best baby bike seats. This article contains a variety of different types some of which include, child bike seats, toddler bike seats, and bike baby carriers. We have also included several different brands like, ibert bike seats, Schwinn bike seats, yepp bike seats, thule bike carrier, and weeride kanagaroo child bike seats.
Child Bike Seats are becoming increasingly popular, especially since many parents are opting to ride bikes and help the environment wherever they can. Plus, they are significantly cheaper than buying an entire baby bike, so they are not only cost effective, but you’re doing something to help the environment! This review will look at not only the baby bike but will also consider extra features such as foot rests, safety belts and harnesses and foot rests for your child. To ensure that you find what you’re looking for, we’ve spent a considerable amount of time looking into and researching every single bike. We’ve read numerous Amazon reviews and thoroughly considered our decision to include them in this list. If we wouldn’t recommend something on this list, then we make sure not to include it!
As always, the products that we will be listing below have been approved by the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission in ensuring that the product is safe to buy and has no issues or defects. Certain baby bike seats also meet European safety standards so that you can be completely sure in your decision to purchase something that is not only great quality but has the safety standards to match.
Best Baby Bike Seats At A Glance
Before we get into a more detailed look at the best baby bike seats to buy this year, here is a quick overview of the features and specifications of the top 10 baby bike seat products we think you’ll want to look at:
View on Amazon
I wanted to take my son with me whenever I went on bicycle rides but I was concerned for his safety, but after getting this I am more at ease since it offers so much protection.
The Schwinn Child Carrier is a child bike seat that can be mounted rear facing on most adult bicycles. The Schwinn bike seat has a lightweight frame, which means that it is easy to assemble and will not add extra pressure or weight to your bicycle. This Schwinn bicycle seat can be used for children 1 year and up.
- Made from polypropylene, a lightweight yet durable material
- Comes with a quick release harness, leg restraints, and a padded cross bar for added safety
- An Amazon’s Choice product – a universal sign of excellence
- Comes with a variety of options to choose from for safety conscious parents
- There has been issues with the latch handle before that have been fixed
- You must use the rack provided, existing racks don’t work with this bicycle child seat
Be sure to use the provided rack when mounting the infant bike carrier!
In terms of the weight and the versatility of the seat, we recommend trying this baby carrier seat out. While it is not the cheapest option on our list, the quality and the added features justify the higher price point.
View on Amazon
After getting this I realized that if you maximize maneuverability then that is actually a way to maximize safety as well because you are reducing the risk of any sort of mishap.
This brightly coloured baby bike seat provides a better center of gravity and increased mobility for the adult rider due to the center mounting while also providing a better view and a more enjoyable ride for the child. The iBert Child Bicycle Safe-T-Seat allows for better communication with one’s child, and with its position, no dirt, rocks, or water can ever be thrown in the child’s face, a bonus for safety-minded parents!
- Due to the center mounting of the bicycle child seat, the seat provides a better center of gravity and increased mobility for the adult rider
- Seat provides a better view and more enjoyable ride for the child
- Due to its positioning behind the handlebars, the baby bike seat front allows for better communication
- With its position, no dirt, rocks, or water can be thrown in the child’s face
- More expensive than many other products on this list
- A few customers have written that the bike does not attach properly if your stem is not long enough
Be sure to check your stem to see if the kids bicycle seat will fit your bike before purchasing the product!
While we give this seat two thumbs up, we recommend reading conducting research before buying this seat for your particular bike as it might not fit correctly, and you could run into issues later on.
View on Amazon
My baby can hardly be seen unsatisfied after I got her this bike seat after the old one. I would recommend this to anyone else looking to buy a bike seat for their baby as well.
This WeeRide Kangaroo Child Bike Seat features a steel support bar for added protection, won’t interfere with your breaks so you can easily ride with your child, is easy to remove, comes with a 5-point safety harness, has height adjustable foot cups, and can hold a maximum of 33 pounds.
- Features a steel support bar for added protection
- Won’t interfere with your breaks so you can easily ride with your child
- Easy to remove, comes with a 5-point safety harness, and has height adjustable foot cups
- Can hold a maximum of 33 pounds
- Doesn’t fit all bikes
- It carries 33 pounds, which is good, but for parents who want the best bang for their buck they might want to look at other bicycle baby carriers that can hold more weight
Be sure to check and see if this infant bike seat fits your bike before purchasing it!
Given all the good things this bike kid carrier has to offer, we feel that it’s worth trying out for the sake of your child. Especially since it has a seatbelt and a harness along with a comfy seating area for your child. If it still doesn’t seem feasible then there are plenty of other options on this list.
View on Amazon
This is a nice and sturdy child bike seat and it gives my little guy the safety that I want for him.
This child carrier bike seat can be quickly attached to bikes and is easily attachable. The Bellelli Pepe Rear Mounted Baby Carrier isn’t heavy or bulky, so you won’t be weighed down by riding, and as it is a rear mounted seat, this bicycle kid carrier won’t be an obstruction to parents. The seat can also handle a maximum weight of 50 pounds.
- This rear child back seat can be quickly attached to bikes and is easily attachable
- It isn’t bulky or heavy, so you won’t be weighed down while riding
- As it is a rear mounted seat, this toddler bike carrier won’t be an obstruction to you
- Can handle a maximum weight of 50 pounds
- There have been complaints about the quality of the harness
- One of the more expensive rear child bike seats on this list
Be sure to go over both options available before you commit to a purchase!
The design looks sleek and interesting and the baby seat does come with loads of extra features however this list does contain a variety of other bike seats that might fit your needs a little better. However, try it out if it’s something that appeals to you!
View on Amazon
I love how incredibly versatile this is. It adjusts easily on both mine and my husband’s bike super easily and without any problems.
This Thule Child Bike Seat is easily detachable and has a quick release dismount. The Thule RideAlong Child Bike Seat comes with a safety belt with footrests, so your child can comfortably enjoy the ride, includes a one hand tilt function for five different reclining options, and features Dual Beam suspension that absorbs road shocks.
- This lightweight bicycle child carrier is easily detachable and has a quick release dismount
- Comes with a safety belt along with footrests so your child can comfortably enjoy the ride
- Includes a one hand tilt function for five different reclining options
- Dual Beam suspension absorbs road shocks
- Very expensive
- The seat is slightly reclined, so if your child is small their head may not be completely supported
Be sure to measure your child to ensure that they will fit the toddler bicycle seat comfortably before you buy!
This baby bike seat has everything you could want in a seat, making this Thule Ridealong Mini worth the investment!
View on Amazon
I got this as a gift and was blown away by not only how comfortable my daughter is in this, but also how safe it is.
This baby bike seat has a state of the art design that puts your child’s protection first. The Yepp Mini Bicycle Child Seat includes a 5-point safety harness and a user-friendly buckle that is easy to use. The kids bike seat features high insulation to ensure usability during the summer and winter, as well as making sure that your child will not get wet due to the bike baby carrier design.
- Features state of the art design that puts your child’s protection first
- Includes a 5-point safety harness and a user-friendly buckle that is very easy to use
- Has a high insulation to ensure usability during the summer and winter
- Even in wet weather, your child will not be splashed due to the design of this Yepp Junior Bike Seat
- May be difficult to navigate with due to its position on the bike stem
Please ensure that the seat is properly attached to the bike stem and not in your way before you go on a ride!
With it’s sleek design, impeccable safety features as well as tons of extra add-ons, this bike seat is worth a try, especially since it is smaller than the rest of the seats on this list. This means that it won’t weigh your bike down, while you and your child ride comfortably.
View on Amazon
This seat is padded really well I am not even worried that my child may get hurt because it’s so secure.
This child bike seat includes ultra-thick padding as well as back padding, comes with a mounting bar, and because of the nature of the WeeRide Kangaroo Child Bike Seat, the child will always be visible. This front mount child bike seat also features adjustable foot rests.
- Includes ultra-thick padding as well as back padding
- Comes with a mounting bar
- Because of the nature of the design, the child will be visible at all times
- Has adjustable footrests
- Those with mountain bikes or oversized front stems may have issues with installing this toddler bike seat front
- Not the flashiest baby bicycle seat on this list
If you have a mountain bike, review this seat carefully before purchasing it!
WeeRide as a brand is exceptional as well as designed with child safety features in mind, so if you’re looking for something that will last and fits your budget then we recommend this seat.
View on Amazon
The design is slightly unconventional but it is really good and also really easy to attach to your bike.
This iBert bike seat is placed in a location where you can keep an eye on your child at all times, and easily connects to your bike without effort. The iBert Safe-T-Front Mounted Child Bicycle Seat has leg wells that provide 180 degrees of protection and has a fully adjustable 3-point safety harness that pivots on the lap bar and locks into place.
- Its location means you will be able to keep an eye on your child at all times
- The seat is long and easily connects to the bike without much effort
- Leg wells provide 180 degrees of protection
- Fully adjustable 3-point safety harness that pivots on the lap bar and locks into place
- Some have complained that the iBert bike seat gets in the way of their knees while riding
- Not the newest model
Be sure to stop using the seat if your child’s legs no longer fit!
The iBert is a terrific brand if you’re looking to invest in something that will last long term. Not only is this seat front mounted, but it is made in the USA and is easily assembled. A great buy!
View on Amazon
I didn’t think riding my bike with my child would be very feasible until I got this and now my worries are completely over.
This baby bike seat includes integrated protections wings that offer extra support on the side, ensuring your child is safely tucked into the seat. The Thule Ride Along Child Bike Seat also includes a harness and safety belt for added protection, foot rests and a dual beam suspension system to absorb road shock, and as an Amazon’s Choice product, you know you are purchasing something excellent!
- Includes integrated protection wings that offer extra support on the side, ensuring that your child is safety tucked into the seat
- Also includes a harness and safety belt for added protection
- Foot rests and a dual beam suspension system absorbs road shock
- An Amazon’s Choice product – you know you are buying something excellent!
- The seat needs to be adjusted before it can be used, and some people have had difficulty attaching their Thule Ride Along seat to their bike
- As such, you may need to do additional research to ensure this seat will fit your bike
Be sure to research this bike car seat to see if it fits your bike!
Much like the other Thule baby bike seat we have on our list, this one is equally as great and has the same great quality along with added safety features. Definitely a must-buy if you’re looking for durability, as the hefty price tag does not disappoint!
View on Amazon
An incredibly tough and robust bike! I am glad that I bought it and so is my little girl. I suggest anyone who wants a nice safe bike seat for their little baby to get this.
The Topeak Baby Seat has a wrap around seat structure that creates a cocoon like shape around your child’s body, ensuring that they stay protected. The baby bike seat also can cushion bumps and jolts and features adjustable footrests and a harness to keep your child secure. This seat also complies with strict European as well as American standards of safety. This best child seat also is an Amazon’s Choice product, a hallmark of excellence.
- Features a cocoon-shaped design that ensures your child is safe
- Cushions bumps and jolts, making sure the ride is smooth
- Has adjustable foot rests that grows with your child
- Amazon’s Choice product – a hallmark for excellence
- Instructions may be difficult to follow
- More expensive than many other products on our list
Be sure to use the included rear rack when mounting the topeak baby seat!
This seat might not be the cheapest one on the list, however we feel that the price is justified given that it comes with so many features. Not only is it adjustable but it also has a shoulder harness and height adjustment. We do think it’s worth a buy given all the pros of this baby bike seat.
The Bottom Line
This review has looked at a variety of baby bike seats, including ones that are front facing as well as rear facing. The price range varies throughout this review especially since the most expensive one on the list is around $230 while the cheapest one will cost you about $69.99. Depending on your budget along with what features you’d like your seat to include, we’re sure this review will be helpful in making a decision.
This list includes the best rear bike racks, and we have carefully gone through hundreds of child bike seat reviews to provide you with a definitive list. Many of the bike seats we’ve chosen to look at include adjustable foot rests, harnesses and safety belts. On top of that there are also certain bikes that are rear facing and ones that are front facing. Again, depending on what you want out of a bike seat, this review offers a ton of options. Many of the seats are lightweight and easily adjustable as well as detachable. We hope this review helps in making your decision a little easier.
Copyright © 2019 Net Parents. All Right Reserved.