Dancing is one of our favorite family activities. It makes us smile, laugh, sing and be close as a family. I have been wanting to capture this special time in a piece of art work for myself. So, for Mother’s Day I did it.
Dance Painting: How-to
- Large piece of fabric, I used about 2 yards
- Packing tape
- Paint, I used kid’s washable paint since little feet were our brushes
- Pie pan
- Find a flat dry spot outside and tape down your fabric.
- Fill your pie pan with paint.
- Turn your music on.
- And invite your children to dance.
I got my painting of these sweet little feet dancing their little hearts out that day. It was more than I could ask for. The painting may not be recognizable to anyone else at this point, but to me, it brought such joy to my children that day. I want to remember those giggles forever.
I plan to have the fabric put on a wooden frame and hang it in our family room.
Even if you don’t want to create a very large painting I encourage you to take your children outside to paint in different ways. Use different tools or just good old fashioned finger painting. Being outside creating art and getting messy can only bring smiles to a child’s face.