10 Best Toddler Toys Reviews of 2020
10 Best Toddler Toys Reviews of 2020
When you’re a child, the entire world is filled with wonder and excitement. For a toddler, several things happen to be true.
For instance surprise is around every corner, the idea that animals should be able to talk is entirely plausible, and there’s a reasonable expectation that magic is totally real. That kind of vivid imagination is truly unique to the experience of being a kid, and few things will spark that imagination like our kids’ favorite toddler toys.
We at Net Parents know that being a parent is a full-time job, and being as busy as you are, you may not have time to scour the web to find the perfect toy for your young one. Well cast aside your worries, because we’ve already done all the work for you! We’ve compiled a comprehensive list of the very best toddler toys 2020 has to offer. Furthermore all of the products we’ve selected to be on our prestigious list meet or exceed the safety standards set by both the ASTM and the JPMA.
Whether you’re looking for some toddler gift ideas, the best educational toys for toddlers, or just some really cool toddler toys, this article will have what you need. So now it’s time to put up your feet, grab a delicious cup of tea or coffee, and relax as you peruse our list of 10 top toddler toys for 2020.
Best Toddler Toys at a Glance
Let’s be honest, nobody has time to memorize a million different facts and features about all the products that are out there. Yet still, it’s handy to know all that stuff. That’s why we’ve made this super convenient table for you! Now you can cross reference all the features that are important to you, so you can find what you’re looking for even faster.
- Vtech Walker is a great learning toy for toddlers, because it promotes multiple areas of their development
- Makes learning to walk an easy and fun experience for your child
- Includes a plastic phone for those fun role play moments
- Toddler activity board is fully detachable for carrying around the house
- Parents may have to help their little one to stand before walking with this toddler toy, as it is not designed for a child to pull themselves up from a sitting position
- Vtech Walker requires some assembly
This hugely fun walker comes in pink as well, making it a great choice as a toddler girl toy
This is hands-down one the best learning toys for toddlers as it not only promotes musical creativity and color recognition, but will also strengthen your child’s ability to walk. We definitely think this super cool toddler toy deserves a bipedal medal!
- Comes with both a kid-sized basketball and soccer ball, for twice the fun
- Play center of this cool toddler toy will light up and play music when a basket is made
- In addition to the basket feature, your child can engage the gears and buttons for additional sounds and phrases
- Accurate scoreboard helps develop counting and numeracy, which makes Vtech Sports Center one of the best educational toys for a toddler
- Requires 3 AA batteries
- This fun toy for a toddler will require some assembly
Investing in rechargeable AA batteries will save you loads of money in the long run. Best batteries to buy are sold by Energizer or Duracell
If your little kiddo has shown an interest in anything sports related, then this ideal toddler boy toy could be exactly what you’re looking for! If you have all girls at home, but are looking for some toddler gift ideas for maybe a nephew or a family friend’s son, then this is one of the top toddler toys to get.
- These cool toddler toys come in a variety of assorted colors, and they’re so inexpensive its a cinch to collect them all
- Small size and soft materials make it perfect for even young toddlers to grip and play with
- Rattles in the wheels make sounds when the toy is played with, encouraging play and helping to develop fine motor skills
- Appropriate for kids ages 3 months and up, so this is one toddler toy that’s good to get early on or buy as a gift for toddler boy or girl
- Rattles in wheels might be a noise distraction for some parents
- These toy cars for toddlers do not have a spring-loaded roll-back feature
The soft material of the dome is designed for teething babies, adding some very helpful versatility to an already fun design
There is a good reason these mini-cars are such popular toddler toys. They’re adored by kids, and favored by parents for their strong, safe construction, and their soft materials. Boys especially love to play with these, so if you’re looking for some good gift ideas for a toddler boy then we definitely recommend pickup a few of these up.
- Designed to work when pushed by a parent, but also doubles as a foot powered toy
- This toy car for toddler sports a high-backed seat for extra comfort and safety
- Handle on the back makes it easy to be grabbed and controlled by parents
- Has a fully moveable ignition switch and a gas cap, making it a cool interactive toy for toddlers
- This fun toy for toddlers requires some assembly
- Since it’s built for kids, tall parents will have bend down to push the Cozy Coupe
It’s highly recommended that your child wears close-toed shoes when operating the toy car with foot power in order to protect their feet
This is the perfect kid-sized toy car for toddlers to drive around in. Whether it’s for your own family, or for a kids’ party as a toddler gift, you’ll know you bought the best toddler gift when this toy car becomes the envy of the party.
- Mega Bloks 80-Piece set means the building possibilities are endless, making it one of the best toddler gifts
- Fun colors and easily interlocking shapes makes it simple for your little one to grasp the concept of building
- As a great learning toy for toddlers these Mega Bloks are all in primary colors in order to strengthen color recognition
- Comes with a very convenient storage bag, so that parents aren’t always stepping on the blocks by accident
- Only meant for children 1 year old and up
- As this is a great introduction to engineering toys for toddlers, less mechanically inclined children may not find much to enjoy in these blocks
Mega Bloks are available in larger 250-piece sets, as well as pink, and trendy colors which make them a great gift idea for toddler girls as well as boys
It’s hard to wrong with a classic set of building blocks like these. They truly are the perfect building toys for boys, as well as for girls.
- Besides the adorable floating octopus, this cool toddler toy also comes with three floating rings that your child can use to toss onto the octopus’ tentacles
- Helps to develop your toddler’s fine motor skills
- Encourages the daily routine of bath-time by providing a fun, floating pal that doubles as a ring toss game, which turns this cute octopus into an interactive toy for toddlers
- This plastic toy product is 100% BPA free
- Only recommended for ages 18 months and up, so depending on the age of your child you may have to wait a bit before buying this
For families with more than one child, you have the option of buying in packs of two for double the fun
If you’ve been having a hard time getting your toddler to take their nightly bath, then this toddler toy could be the answer to your prayers. We highly recommend this for your home, or as a toddler present.
- As one of the best toys for toddlers boys this product includes an entire toolbox full of play-tools such as a wrench, hammer, and a drill
- Pressing the drill trigger repeatedly will cause the drill bit to spin, great for role playing and imaginative play
- The light-up buttons of this mechanical toy for toddlers trigger cheerful sounds and music
- Also comes with double sided activity cards for even more role playing fun
- Requires 2 AA batteries
- Not recommended for children under 2 years old
All of the tools and accessories easily fit inside the toolbox, so your toddler will also learn the value of cleaning up after themselves
This toy toolbox is sure to put a smile on any toddler who aspires to fix things, and be just like daddy or mommy. All the options of this fun and interactive toy for toddlers will keep your child entertained for hours on end, and with over 125 different sounds and musical tracks it’s unlikely even parents will get tired of hearing it.
- This cool toddler toy is an excellent way to grow your child’s language and writing skills
- Fun games reinforce your toddler’s knowledge of the alphabet, as well as animal association
- Fully customizable interface, your child will learn computer literacy while learning to spell their own name
- Comes with 4 learning modes as well as 16 different songs and melodies
- LeapFrog Leaptop toddler toy is a winner of an Amazon’s Choice award
- Requires 3 AA batteries
- Recommended to be used only under direct supervision of an adult
Also available in pink, which makes it one of the best gifts for a toddler girl, or for your daughter at home
Simply put, this Leaptop is a great buy for so many reasons. Not least of which is how much “quiet time” this will buy you as a parent. Your child will love it because of how fun this learning toy for toddlers is, and you as the parent will love it because it will enhance your child’s language and computer literacy skills.
- This train set for toddlers comes with every type of train car imaginable, from engines to caboose
- Magnetic fronts and backs are kid safe and entirely lead free
- Play22 train set is compatible with major brand names of wooden tracks
- Not only amazingly fun for kids, but also collectable and inexpensive
- Train cars do not have a roll-back wind-up feature, must be used by hands
- Included wooden gift box does not come with a lid
Additional tracks and cars for this fun train toy for toddlers can be purchased to create an entire convoy for the ultimate conductor role play experience
For all those little train engineers out there, this train set for toddlers is a clear win. With so many ways to build and play it’s easy for parents to get in on the fun too!
- Has a soft and huggable body, perfect as a daytime and bedtime companion
- In addition to singing the ABC’s this unique toy for toddlers also says 14 fun and distinct phrases
- Your toddler will be singing the alphabet all on their own in no time, making Elmo one of the best educational toys for toddlers
- Hasbro-made with only safe and rigorously tested materials
- Only has an automatic off switch
- Clothes are not removable, nor are additional clothes sold separately
A similarly priced Cookie Monster doll is also available that sings his 123’s, in case your child feels that Elmo needs a friend
It’s hard to go wrong with a classic like this. A lot of us remember watching Sesame Street growing up, and this Elmo toy for toddlers is a great way to get your little one to experience the magic first hand. Definitely a worthy buy.
The Bottom Line
Choosing the right toddler toys can feel surprisingly daunting for us as adults. We’ve been grown-ups for so long that we’ve done the one thing we once swore we’d never do, forget what it’s like to be a kid. In that regard we at Net Parents hope you’ve regained some of your inner child after having explored some of these amazingly fun toys for toddlers, and that your decision has been made an easy one. The 10 best toddler toys we’ve selected were chosen based on their value and quality, but mostly we chose them because they’re just so darn fun. Not only are these fun toys affordable, but they’ll also help your little one develop the particular skills they’ll need the start their young lives off right.
This time our favorite product awards go to the LeapFrog Leaptop for its perfect blend of fun combined with skill development, and also to the big ol’ bag of Mega Bloks for its propensity to allow imagination and creativity to flourish.
We’d like to thank you all for stopping by and taking the time to peruse the results of our research on a hunt for the best toddler toys. We wish you and your family all the health and happiness in the world. Until next time.
If you want to look at similar toys and find out how to keep them clean and tidy; check out these articles we prepared:
There is no specific number of toys that a toddler should have, but parents should try to minimize their number. On average, a toddler should have around 10 to 15 favorite toys. Too many toys are distractive and can limit a toddler’s creativity and attention span.
The Mega Bloks 80-Piece Big Building Bag is one of the most fantastic toys to take to the plane. It consists of 80 blocks that the toddler can use to build several structures. Besides, this toy is also one of the best educational toys to buy for a toddler. Other toys for planes include the LeapFrog My Own Leaptop and O Ball 1-Piece Rattle & Roll Car.
The Vtech Smart Shots Sports Center is the best outdoor toy for toddlers who love sports. This unique toddler toy has a kid-sized soccer ball and basketball that can double the fun. Also, its digital scoreboard offers accurate results that help toddlers improve their counting skills. Another best outdoor toy for summer is the Little Tykes Cozy Coupe 30th Anniversary Car.
A toddler may communicate several things by giving you his toys. He might be trying to say he is bored or tired of playing with the toys. Besides, it might also mean that he needs your attention and not the toys. If you find out that the toddler is bored, you can take him out to the park.
You can follow every throw the toddler makes with a consequence. For instance, if they throw a toy, you can take it away and explain to them why they shouldn’t do that. You can tell them that the toy could hurt someone. When they cry, you can distract them with other activities or toys that they can throw.
Defining a play area is one of the best ways to keep your toddler's toys organized. You can also build toy shelves for storing the toys when the kids are not playing with them. Alternatively, you can buy storage bags for keeping the toys. Most importantly, teach toddlers how to organize their toys when they finish playing.
You can use soap and clean, warm water to wash toys such as infant rattles and plastic blocks in sinks. However, this doesn't apply to electrical gadgets. Some toys can also get cleaned and sanitized in dishwashers, including the plastic blocks. For electrical toys, you can clean them by wiping their surfaces using a disinfectant.
Toddler toys should be reasonably large enough to prevent toddlers from swallowing them. If ingested, the toys can result in complications, especially when lodged in windpipes. Any toy should have a diameter of at least three centimeters (1¼ inches) and a length of at least six centimeters (2¼ inches).
Biting is common in most toddlers, especially at the teething stage. They usually bite toys to explore them. Some toddlers bite toys as a way to relieve anxiety or stress and also to increase concentration. Besides, other toddlers may do that when they get bored or when they have a sensory processing disorder (SPD).
Practice turn-taking with the toddler to encourage him or her to interact with others and easily give out their items. You should praise the toddler by clapping for them when you see them sharing their toys. Besides, most children usually learn from their parents. It's easy for a toddler to share toys when they see their parents share items with other people.
In many cases, toddlers break toys they don't understand how to play with or use. You need to buy the right toys that they can handle easily without breaking. You can politely talk to the toddlers and explain to them that it's not good to break toys. Also, you shouldn't replace broken toys too soon.