10 Best Ring Slings Reviews
10 Best Ring Slings Reviews
What’s better than being able to safely and comfortably keep your sweet baby close to you while still being able to carry on with everyday activities?
You can use all sorts of carriers for babywearing, but we think ring slings are the greatest of them all. In case you’re wondering, a ring sling is similar to a wrap, but arguably simpler to use. The attached rings keep the fabric in place across the wearer’s shoulder without any complicated wrapping required.
Ring slings are usually unisex and one-size-fits-all (or most), so a single ring sling can be shared among family members and caregivers. Ring slings are incredibly versatile in that they can be used to carry a child from the newborn stage to toddlerhood. For example, an older baby or toddler can easily be carried in the classic ring sling hip carry position. The cost of ring slings starts at less than $30 and, with proper use and care, an infant sling should last for several years.
Oh, and worry not: We’ve made sure each ring sling is in compliance with at least one of the following baby carrier safety standards: U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA), and/or membership in the Baby Carrier Industrial Alliance (BCIA).
Whether you’re looking for the best sling for newborn stage babies or a water ring sling, we’re sure this list will guide you.
Best Ring Slings At A Glance
Before we get into a detailed discussion on the different varieties of ring slings, below is a brief overview of the ring slings that we think you might want to take a quick look at.
- All slings are fair trade
- Eco-friendly, non-toxic dyes
- Available in many colours and patterns
- Made with breathable 100% hand-loomed cotton and high-quality aluminum rings
- Ergonomic design prevents strain on the wearer’s neck and back
- Unlike most ring slings, the Hip Baby Ring Sling can be machine-dried
- Some wearers felt the ring sling fabric was a bit rough
- Can be a bit difficult to slide fabric through the ring
Double-check the ring sling fabric before ordering: it varies depending on the colour choice.
This ring sling is a top choice among many parents with breathable cotton fabric, tons of designs to choose from, and a reasonable price to boot. We highly recommend choosing this baby sling carrier.
- Perfect for kangaroo (skin-to-skin) care
- Unpadded rails for easier adjustment
- Contains a grippy hidden Spandex panel in the shoulder area for improved comfort and fit
- Contains a pocket perfect for diapers and small items
- Comes with an instructional DVD
- Available in sizes small to extra-large (shorter to longer “tail” of fabric)
- On the pricier side
- Can take a bit more time to figure out
The manufacturer advises that medium is the most popular size chosen for this ring sling, even among larger caregivers.
If you have a higher budget and you’re looking for a versatile, comfortable baby ring sling, the Maya Wrap ComfortFit Ring Sling is the best choice for you. The ability to choose a size with your preferred length of fabric is a great bonus!
- Incredibly lightweight
- Fully reversible
- Beautiful, lightweight and breathable silk ring sling fabric
- Ring sling fabric does not slip easily
- Dries quickly
- Takes up little space
- May look different after machine washing
The breathability of the Sakura ring sling’s silk fabric makes it a great choice for carrying squirmy toddlers.
The Sakura Bloom Silk Ring Sling is a gorgeous baby ring sling. As one would imagine, this ring sling quite expensive, however it’s high-quality construction makes it a great investment or gift.
- Machine dryable
- High-quality ring sling fabric and construction
- The breathable ring sling fabric is naturally comfortable and softens with each wear
- Easily adjusted for long or short-term wearing
- Available in several beautiful designs
- Available in two sizes
- Heavier ring sling than most
Placement of the baby sling pattern may vary from item to item.
The Tula Sling is a popular, high-quality ring sling suited for individuals with a higher budget. This ring sling is durable yet comfortable and can be purchased in one of two length options.
- Shoulder area is lightly-padded for added comfort
- Comes in various sizes from small to extra-large
- Zippered pocket for convenient storage of items
- Fashionable design; many users report receiving compliments from the public
- Many users complained that the sling fabric is too heavy for use in the summer
- Padding sometimes bunches in the shoulder and neck areas
- One of the pricier ring sling options
The Maya Wrap Fan Chat on Facebook and Instagram is a great resource to learn, share tips, and make the best use of Maya ring slings.
The Maya Ring Sling is a durable, easy to use, and attractive baby sling carrier. The shoulder padding is a hit-or-miss: a godsend for some, a nuisance for others.
- Removable pocket pouch for handy item storage
- Optional padding to place between the rings and your shoulder
- The linen sling fabric is lightweight and breathable
- Made with a contrasting teaching edge that helps make tightening easier
- On the pricier end of baby ring slings
- Fewer ring sling positions: Intended for front-wearing only
Spot clean or hand wash the ring sling fabric, when possible, to prevent wrinkling.
The Lillebaby Ring Sling is an elegant choice with convenient features such as a zippered pouch and optional padding. Best for larger budgets.
- Features a patented double ring design
- The nylon rings are surprisingly durable and have been tested to hold up to 110 lbs over 24 hours
- Rings hold fabric securely in place
- Has a little pouch sewn out in which the sling can be folded away for convenient transportation or storage
- Widely reported as easy to use
- The fabric “tail” is perfect for privacy during breastfeeding
- Ring sling fabric may feel bulky due to its length
- No written instructions included in packaging; must refer to instructional videos online
If you want to maximize your options for ring sling positions, this is a great pick.
The Mamaway Ring Sling is a great choice for parents on the go due to its portability and the extra fabric for nursing in public.
- Recognized by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute as “hip-healthy,” meaning it keeps your baby’s hips and spine in alignment
- A great water sling: The strong mesh ring sling fabric is great for use in water and hot weather
- Folds into itself for easy storage
- Due to its weight, the metal ring tends to slip down if not properly tied
- Some users may feel the sling becomes too tight when carrying heavier babies
The SUKKIRi is a one-size-fits-all ring sling. If the tail of the ring sling is longer than desired, simply twirl it around the attached ring.
The Lucky Baby SUKKIRi Ring Sling is an affordable, lightweight, quick-drying choice – perfect for a day on the town, at the pool, or relaxing at home.
- Naturally antibacterial
- Naturally cool; perfect for all climates
- Extremely lightweight
- Available in single and double layer form
- A pricier ring sling
- Some wearers complained about the ring sling fabric shedding
Two washes should bring this linen ring sling to a more desirable softness.
This Sakura sling is a luxurious choice that is naturally antibacterial, breathable, material that gets softer and stronger over time.
- Simple, classic design
- Gentle on the shoulder
- Works well for toddlers
- Many users report their babies or toddlers love being in the sling
- Features a coloured rail guide for easy adjustments
- Some users complained that the ring sling fabric was stiff
- Comes with minimal instructions
The ring sling fabric is quite thick and may be best suited for use in cool weather.
The Beco Ring Sling is a beautiful, well-made ring sling perfect for those looking for a baby ring sling more on the narrow side.
The Bottom Line
Well, there you have it – The 10 best baby ring slings on the market. We know how little time parents of infants and toddlers have, so we made sure to do the hard work for you by researching each ring sling thoroughly and ensuring they meet national safety standards.
Choosing the best baby sling for you is undoubtedly a very personal choice, and it can be tough to do when approaching babywearing or ring sling wearing for the first time. Now that we’ve covered the pros and cons of each ring sling, we hope you feel confident in selecting the best baby ring sling for your needs or the needs of a loved one.
Once you get the hang of things, we’re confident that you’ll love wearing your baby in one of these high-quality ring slings.
Have you ever tried a ring sling? Which of our top 10 ring slings has caught your eye?