Best Ride on Toys for 1 Year Old Reviews
Best Ride on Toys for 1 Year Old Reviews
Once your child has gained some mobility, he will no longer want to just sit and play with his old toys. So, you will have to discover new ways to keep him engaged and entertained.
This is the time when you should introduce 1 yr old ride on toys to them. Other than helping the babies explore their surroundings, the best ride on toys for 1 year old help them gain confidence and also give them their sense of independence. The ride on for 1 year olds also help build muscle strength and improve coordination and motor skills. The best ride on toys for 1 year old are equipped with emergency brakes, have a low base, and are thoughtfully-designed to have a good balance. Therefore, they are absolutely safe and you can leave your child on them unattended while you are doing your daily chores. No wonder why they are so popular among kids and parents alike.
If you try looking for ride on toys for 1 year old boys you could get endless options; right from bikes to excavators and fire fighting trucks. Similarly, there are a lot of cute and colourful ride on toys for 1 year old girls. You can choose any of them but make sure you buy something which has all the necessary safety features that will prevent your baby from getting injured when he is left unsupervised. The best ride on toys for 1 year olds should have adjustable parts such as adjustable seat and handlebars so that babies don’t outgrow them within just a few months. They should also be made of durable and high-quality material that can easily hold up the growing weight of the baby. The endless number of tempting options can leave you confused, which is why we have come up with this list of best ride on toys for 1 year olds. The list includes only those products that are designed with safety and durability in mind. We have included 1 yr old ride on toys in a wide price range so you will definitely get something that suits your budget.
Best Ride on Toys for 1 Year Old At a Glance
Before we get into our list of ride on for 1 year olds in detail, let us look at their features and specifications that make them worthy of being on our list.
- This ride on toys for 1 year old girl is suitable for indoor as well as outdoor use.
- Made with waterproof, cleanable plastic, so cleanup is not difficult at all.
- The low saddle and thoughtfully-crafted seat prevent the baby from falling forward or backward.
- No assembly required.
- This 1 yr old ride on to can bear 50 lbs weight.
- It is made in the USA.
- You may have to air it out for some time to get rid of the plastic-like smell.
- Doesn’t have any additional features but that’s why it is very inexpensive.
It is one of the most popular 1 yr old ride on toys. The price is very affordable and, therefore, you could buy it as a gift too. The durability is amazing, as there are no detachable parts. Your child can easily use it until he becomes 50 lbs. Definitely a great buy for birthdays, Christmas, etc.
- This 3-in-1 ride on toy for 1 year old boys and girls can be used as a walker, a bouncer, and a ride on car.
- Has plenty of interactive features such as music, songs, Spanish phrases, alphabets, counting, etc. to promote early learning.
- It has a volume control feature, so you can adjust the volume or simply turn it off when you need some peace.
- It is suitable for kids between 9 months and 3 years.
- This ride on for 1 year old can be used on carpeted as well as plain floor.
- It is designed to interact with the Smart Learning Home, another interactive toy by Fisher Price (sold separately).
- The handles are small for parents to pull it up for moving.
- It is not suitable for outdoor play.
This feature-rich ride on car for 1 year old definitely deserves the second place in our list. It is very inexpensive and yet, it is safe and sturdy. Since it can double-up as a walker, it can save you some dollars that you would have spent on buying a separate walker.
Moreover, the miniature Mickey Mouse at the front of the propeller moves up and down to the music, so your baby would enjoy dancing with it. When your baby is not using the plane, you can fold the wings for convenient storage.
- This ride on toy for 1 year old boys and girls is suitable for kids between 1 and 3 years of age.
- Can be used as a ride on or as a push toy.
- It has realistic landing and take-off sounds.
- The propellers rotate and throw amazing lighting patterns.
- The propellers of this ride on for 1 year old are made of soft material and they stop when touched.
- The wings can be folded for storage.
- No under-seat storage area
- Your baby may have to apply extra effort to move it on the carpet.
This airplane-styled ride on for 1 year old is perfect for both boys and girls. Kids specifically love the propeller. Since it is made of soft material, it won’t hurt even if the kids try to stop it with their hands. Since it comes almost pre-assembled, it will save a lot of your time and effort.
The surface of the seat is very easy to clean. You can simply wipe it off with a clean damp cloth. The exterior surface is water-resistant so you don’t have to worry about spillages. The base of this wooden ride on toy for 1 year olds is made of renewable plantation timber. It comes with a one-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Counted among the best ride on toys for 1 year old girls, this wheelie bug is manufactured to adhere to the standards set by the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM 983).
- It also adheres to European Committee for Standardization (CE EN71).
- It is made of non-toxic materials and is PVC-free.
- This ride on toys for 1 year old girls is available in various other designs such as a cow, a pig, bee, and a tiger.
- It is an award-winning best ride on toy for 1 year olds with 4 casters that can move in any direction.
- It has a cushiony, water-resistant, and easy-to-clean body.
- It is slightly more expensive than the other ride on toys for 1 year old girls, which is justified because of its carters that can move in any direction.
- It comes in two sizes. Although the smaller one is meant for 1 year olds, if your baby has a good height, make sure you order the larger one to avoid sizing issue.
Baby girls and even boys are bored with the ride on cars for 1 year olds, which is why this wheely bug is a great alternative. The rotating wheels are its USP. Many other ride on for 1 year olds have wheels that just go forward and backward and a baby would need some help getting out of obstacles but this one has wheels that can smoothly maneuver in any direction, thereby giving a sense of independence to your little one.
that will promote early learning. The blocks will introduce your baby to alphabets and numbers, whereas the colorful piano buttons will introduce him to colors and weather concepts. There is walkie-talkie to promote role plays and help your baby identify numbers and animals. This ride on toy for 1 year old boys has 260 songs and melodies to entertain your baby. No other ride on cars for 1 year old offer so much in this price range.
- Unlike many other conventional 1 yr old ride on toys, this one can be used as a sit-and-play toy, as a walker, a ride on toy, and as a push toy.
- It includes 10 different activities that promote early learning and role plays.
- Can be used by kids aged 12 months to 36 months.
- The caboose can be converted into a wagon to store the blocks or for carrying toys.
- It is very easy to assemble this ride on car for 1 year old.
- Very inexpensive and offers much more than what other ride on cars for 1 year olds offer in this price range.
- It is very lightweight, so if you are using it as a walker, never leave your baby unattended.
- It has a very weak sound, which is a boon for parents, as you won’t get distracted or disturbed by the music.
As mentioned, it is a very versatile ride on toy for 1 year old girls and boys. It is something that can replace a push toy as well as a walker. Manufactured by VTech, this product is definitely sturdy and well-designed, so it deserves to be on our list of best ride on toys for 1 year old.
This adorable ride on for 1 year old has a foot-to-floor format which makes it easier for children to get on and off it without requiring any help for supervision. It comes with an adjustable seat so that your baby will be able to use it for at least a few years. It can bear up to 50 lbs of weight, and, therefore, it is suitable for babies between 1 and 3 years of age.
- This simple and cute giraffe shaped ride on toy for 1 year old boys and girls has an adjustable seat so that your baby won’t outgrow it soon.
- It comes with customizable spot decals so you can decorate it as you want.
- The back wheels are oversized to provide additional stability and safety to your baby.
- Back wheels have wheel guards.
- The front wheelbase is wide enough to prevent tripping.
- Unlike many ride on cars for 1 year old, this one can be comfortably used indoors as well as outdoors.
- It requires some assembly but it is pretty easy to put it together.
- The handles can steer the tires but the steering part is limited, which is good for the safety of babies, although they may not like it.
If you are not after the fancy ride on cars for 1 year olds, this is a great toy for growing babies as it helps build coordination, balance, and motor skills. The wide front wheelbase and oversized back wheels give it extra stability as compared to the many other best ride on toys for 1 year old. You can conveniently take it to your nearby park and let your baby enjoy his own ride.
The easy-to-grip handlebar has leaf-spring to provide extra stability to your child. The wheels can rotate in 360 degrees, thereby encouraging your baby to walk and scoot in any direction and in any way they want. It also has TPR rubber tread to prevent any floor damage. It has a weight bearing capacity of 44 lbs.
- This hybrid ride on toys for 1 year old boys and girls can be used as a walker, as a ride on bike, and as a push toy.
- Can be used indoors and outdoors on all forms of leveled surfaces.
- The seat has a soft EVA seat pad and there is a seat-stop to prevent babies from sitting far too forward.
- This ride on toy for 1 year old girls and boys has wider legs to provide it additional stability.
- The wheels can spin 360 degrees giving flexibility to the babies to move around as they want.
- The wheels have TPR rubber tread to prevent any floor damage.
- Since the wheels rotate smoothly in all directions, prewalkers must use it under adult supervision.
- This ride on for 1 year old is not so great for driveways as the wheels can get stuck in the sidewalks or gaps.
The design of this 1 yr old ride on toy is very appealing. Since the wheels are very smooth to propel and can move in any direction, you don’t have to help your baby frequently to get away from the obstacles. Although more expensive than other best ride on toys for 1 year olds, this one deserves a place in our list because of its stability and design.
- This ride on for 1 year old can be used indoors as well as outdoors as it has big sturdy wheels with treads that can work on almost all outdoor surfaces.
- The steering wheel has control buttons that create realistic truck-like sound, thereby promoting pretend play.
- There is an underseat storage area for blocks that come with this 1 yr old ride on toy.
- The excavator arm has a realistic-looking scoop shovel that can rotate 360 degrees.
- It has authentic CAT details such as the headlight, front grill, and bumper.
- Can be used by babies aged 1 to 4 years old.
- The steering wheel doesn’t rotate the tires, which is OK considering its affordable price.
- There are only 10 blocks, which is less than what a two or three year old would want.
If you are looking for a realistic alternative to ride on cars for 1 year olds, this is definitely a great option. It looks and works like a real excavator truck with a rotating arm and shovel. However, the capabilities of this truck is limited and, therefore, it is more like a sit-on scooter with an excavator look. Despite its flaws such as the wheels don’t steer, it is still one of the best ride on toys for 1 year olds, as it has a very realistic look and feel.
Meant for babies aged 12 months to 3 years, this ride on for 1 year old features a wide front wheelbase to prevent tripping hazards. There is a soft bumper at the front, so even if your child accidentally bangs it on the wall or on the furniture, the bumper won’t damage them or leave any marks on them. Highly recommended for babies who love cycles.
- This stylish ride on toy is as stable and durable as wooden ride on toys for 1 year olds with a steel frame and a chrome-finished handlebar.
- The seat is adjustable, so your baby can use it for a long time.
- Can be conveniently used indoors as well as outdoors.
- It features a real working steering, so your baby can scoot around as he wants.
- The wide wheelbase of this ride on toy for 1 year old girls and boys helps prevent tripping by providing extra stability to it.
- There is a bumper at the front to protect your furniture and walls.
- This ride on for 1 year old requires assembly but putting it up is pretty easy.
- The height of seat adjustment is very limited.
Since it has a steel frame, this 1 yr old ride on toy is very durable for outdoor use. It’s size is perfect for small apartments. Although the seat height can be adjusted to just three settings, your baby can use it up to its worth. Young children will love the real steering experience and real bell.
This is what most moms want, as we parents often get irritated by the loud noise that these toys make.
- This ride on for 1 year old has a parent handle that makes it easier for parents to maneuver it from behind.
- Since you can push it from behind, it can be used on grass, carpeted floor, wood floors, driveways, pavements, etc.
- The parent bar is removable.
- It can also be used as a scoot along toy and as push toy.
- Rated as one of the best ride on toys for 1 year old, this product has a low volume settings so it won’t bother the parents.
- It has an underseat storage area which has four farm animals that make real farm-like noise.
- The seat is not adjustable.
- The steering wheel doesn’t steer the tires.
Unlike many other best ride on toys for 1 year olds, this product is very simple and doesn’t have many fancy features and yet, we just love the way it lets parents control the maneuvering process and volume. If you are outdoors and your baby is tired of scooting, you can push him from behind and get him back home easily.
Ride On Toys for 1 Year Old Boy – Overview
Ride on toys have been extremely popular among parents and kids for decades and why wouldn’t they. The best ride on toys for 1 year olds are affordable, safe, and yet, they keep babies occupied for hours while helping them build their muscles and coordination skills. The ride on toys for 1 year old boys vary from cars and bikes to excavators, fire fighting van, police squad, and whatnot! These toys are so attractive that any baby boy would go crazy about them. Some of the ride on toys for 1 year old boys listed here have realistic look and feel. Their steering can steer the tires and they have buttons that make real sounds such as truck sound, engine sound, police vehicle sound, etc. Some of the ride on toys for 1 year old boys are meant for indoor use, whereas many others can be used outdoors too. Very often, they come with adjustable features and have good weight-bearing capacity so that your baby can use it for a long time.
Just like ride on toys for 1 year old boys, ride on toys for 1 year old girls too come in attractive designs. You can find them in various shapes and sizes, right from a pumpkin carriage to Minnie wheelie and everything in between. These ride on toys for 1 year old girls have many interesting features such as songs and melodies, blocks, alphabet learning, introduction to colors, etc. They are available in attractive colors and you can choose the one that your baby likes. The ride on toys for 1 year old girls too have adjustable seats so your baby won’t outgrow it soon. No matter which one you choose, these toys are extremely safe and stable.
What Criteria We Used In Evaluation Of Best Ride on Toys for 1 Year Old
In our childhood, the only toys you could find were the ride on cars for 1 year old. They hardly had any features and kids used to outgrow them soon. Thankfully, our children are enjoying the benefits of technological advancement and they have access to some of the most creative and yet inexpensive and best ride on toys for 1 year olds. A simple online search can throw you hundreds of options, each having its own unique look and feature. The ride on for 1 year olds are so attractive that there are high chances you will fall for the wrong product by just evaluating it by its looks. However, choosing the best ride on toys for 1 year olds require much more than just an attractive design and features. Here are some of the crucial factors that we considered while selecting the best ride on toys for 1 year olds.
Stability and balance
Your little one is yet to gain enough balance and stability of his own, so you definitely need 1 yr old ride on toys that are stable enough to prevent tripping and falls, no matter how your child rides on it. Earlier it was believed that the wooden ride on toys for 1 year olds with three wheels have a good balance but now it is proven that four-wheelers have much better balance than three-wheelers. The four-wheeler best ride on toys for 1 year olds should have a wider wheelbase and should have a low height. If the height is more than the width of the wheelbase, chances of tripping are high. Further, if any of the tires lift up when your baby takes a turn, the toy is unsafe for use. Our team has selected only those toys and ride on car for 1 year olds that have a very stable frame and, therefore, they are less likely to trip off.
Very often, we parents want something that our baby won’t outgrow quickly. Honestly, raising kids is very expensive but for our baby’s wellbeing and safety, we need to buy age-appropriate ride on for 1 year olds. If we buy a toy that is too big or too small, he will not be able to use it properly and may trip over and hurt himself. But, if you buy something that is relevant to his age, it will help him build his motor abilities, coordination, and balance, along with helping him build his leg muscles. The best ride on toys for 1 year olds that we have selected have adjustable seats, so your baby can use them for some time but they are the best when used between 12 to 36 months and not beyond that.
Babies get bored quickly and they need something new to do every now and then. But, we parents don’t really want our babies to get bored with their ride on toys for 1 year olds so quickly. This is the reason why we have selected only those best ride on toys for 1 year olds that offer much more than just a simple toy to sit and scoot. Some of them can be used as walkers, whereas some are meant to be transformed into push toys. Some ride on toys for 1 year old girls often come with interesting features such as melodies, blocks, songs, alphabet and number learning, etc. So, your little one will have much more to do with it. Such features are not always necessary but they have their own added advantages.
Here are some commonly asked questions that you may have in mind regarding ride on for 1 year olds.
Well, there are tons of options to choose from. When they are 12 months old, their brain is developed enough to start differentiating between colors, shapes, etc. So you can buy them shape sorters, blocks, etc. 1 yr old ride on toys are also a great choice as these will help build their leg muscles as well as promote the development of large motor skills. So, you need not worry about what do you buy a 1 year old. Just do a simple online search or browse through our website and you will find many interesting options to fit budget.
New parents are often excited about buying toys for their little one but make sure you always buy age-appropriate toys. Very often parents are not aware what age for ride on toys is appropriate. We often introduce them early and when our baby is actually ready to use it, he would have gotten bored of it. Ride on toys should never be introduced to babies who are less than one year old. Introduce them only when your child has started walking.
Any product that is safe, durable, engaging, attractive, and age-appropriate is the best ride on toys for 1 year olds. Whether your baby loves cars or is crazy about outdoor ride on horses, you can buy anything but make sure it has a wide base so that the chances of tripping as very minimal. So, if you are still wondering what is the best ride on toy, don’t worry. The above list has great options for you.
Ride on for one year olds are a fantastic source of entertainment for babies, as they let them enjoy roaming around their home in their own vehicle without continuous parent supervision. The best thing about them is that they aren’t very expensive and can be used for a year or two until your baby has outgrown it. If your baby has started walking stably, it’s time for you to buy him his own toy vehicle. Our list of best ride on toys for 1 year olds is thoughtfully crafted to cater to every parent’s need, so we are sure you will find something suitable. If you need more information on other useful baby products, browse through our blogs. We are sure you will find relevant and authentic information here.