10 Best Puzzles for Kids Reviews
10 Best Puzzles for Kids Reviews
What child doesn’t enjoy putting together a puzzle? Puzzles for kids create many benefits. Puzzles not only exercise children’s minds, they also challenge their way of thinking and teach a variety of skills such as hand-eye coordination, analytical and fine motor skills.
Puzzles for children do not only play an important part in the development of your child in a fun and entertaining way, but they can be a great family activity that generates discussion and fond memories of time together!
When you go to a toy store with your child, there are so many puzzles for your child to choose from. There are word puzzles for kids; animal puzzles for kids, number puzzles for kids, etc. To help you choose the best children’s puzzle, we have researched and compiled a list of the best puzzles that will develop your child’s skills and a create special times for a child, more than one child or the family. Each puzzle on our list will teach your child a different skill. We know that as a parent you want to continue to encourage your child’s development. One way this can be done is through puzzles! The only children’s puzzles you’ll find included in this review meet the safety standards set by the CPSC for the safe use of children’s toys.
So whether you are looking for puzzle games for kids, number puzzles for kids, or animal puzzles, this review has you covered with some of the best puzzles for kids available on the market. We hope you find this review informative and has you sharing it with your children! Enjoy going to the toy store and choosing one of these puzzles!
10 Best Puzzles for Kids At A Glance
Before we get into a more detailed look at the best puzzles for kids, here is a quick overview of the features of the 10 children’s puzzles we think you’ll want to check out.
- Teaches children their numbers, colors, simple math and matching
- Can play independently or with others
- Encourages children to use their imagination
- Wooden box included to store and organize the puzzle pieces
- Pictures of object can peel off after extended use
- Wood can break depending on roughness of play
- May not be challenging enough for some children depending on their level and abilities
This number puzzle for kids can be a great resource for teachers or parents when they are teaching children their numbers. Having the numbers self-correcting in this puzzle is a great feature because when the number doesn’t fit with the corresponding picture, children know they need to count again and find the correct one.
This puzzle will assist in them recognizing their numbers and can encourage them to count along. This is a great choice to teach toddlers their numbers.
- Expands children’s vocabulary and how to spell
- Develops children’s matching and recognition skills
- Develops problem solving skills
- Introduces children to educational topics
- Choking hazard for children under 3 years
- Images begin to separate from puzzle pieces depending on type and frequency of use
- Many of the images look similar, which may make it difficult for children to differentiate between letters and images
This puzzle for kids is a good educational learning tool, which combines a puzzle with an image that can assist children recognize a letter or word.
Children will learn and be able to identify letters and object with the assistance of this word puzzle for kids. It will also encourage them to begin spelling out words. Adult supervision may be required due to the size of the puzzle pieces for children under 3 years.
- Puzzle pieces are easy to interlock together and take apart
- Challenging for children
- Pieces do not break easily
- Well made and good quality puzzle
- Puzzle pieces may warp depending on how they’re handled
- Not the same quality as some people are used to who have purchased Ravensburger puzzles in the past
- Pieces could be larger making it easier for children to handle
This puzzle is recommended for preschool aged children. It will help them develop language, cognitive abilities and encourage social interaction.
Children will enjoy putting this construction puzzle together. The images will remind your child of construction equipment they may have seen on construction oriented kids shows on television.
- Introduces children to colors, patterns, problem solving and counting
- Teaches children how to grip and stack objects
- Wooden puzzle cubes come with a wooden tray to store pieces
- Introduces children to different farm animals
- Some of the cubes may be poorly finished
- Plastic film protecting picture may begin to peel off
- Children may get bored easily with this puzzle
This wooden animal puzzle for kids will challenge them and develop their problem solving skills. It will also encourage them to pay attention to detail. Children will enjoy choosing between the 6 different animals.
Parents can’t go wrong with choosing this puzzle for their child. It will keep them entertained for a long time and is a different type of puzzle. It is also a great activity to take on road trips to keep your child entertained.
- Develops children’s hand-eye coordination, fine motor development and problem-solving skills
- Ideal for children ages 3 years +
- Puzzle pieces are brightly colored
- Puzzle pieces are magnetic which makes it a great learning experience to grab the puzzle pieces and place them back in the right spot
- Lack of images beneath the puzzle pieces makes it difficult for children to identify where pieces go
- Parents have reported that the images wear off the puzzle pieces quickly, especially around the edges
- The wood may splinter on the back of the puzzle pieces, parents may be required to glue them down
Parents have commented that their children enjoy playing with both the insect and underwater animal puzzle for kids. The company who produces these puzzles for kids have created many different puzzles that is a great learning experience for children. This puzzle encourages children to use their problem solving skills to identify where the different shapes fit.
These puzzles are a great activity that your child will enjoy. The magnetic net and fishing pole make this puzzle more appealing to children. You can’t go wrong purchasing these puzzles for your children!
- Encourages children to use their imaginations and create stories through creating different combinations
- Develops fine motor skills
- Assists in developing children’s verbal/communication skills
- Poorly made, pieces are flimsy and could warp if they get wet
- Puzzle pieces don’t fit tightly and don’t stay in place
This puzzle for kids is a great way to engage toddlers and children in not only language but also developing their fine motor skills. The pieces are durable and easy for children to grab. It also helps that the pieces can be stored.
Children will enjoy playing with this puzzle. Parents can teach their child a lot of different concepts from emotions, to dressing etc. It will also challenge children and eventually they will be able to complete the puzzle independently while expanding several skills!
- Helps develop children’s IQ levels
- Encourages cognitive skill development
- Reinforces children’s thinking skill development and encourages them to be patient
- Made from natural wood and is durable
- Great family activity
- Small pieces, harder for younger children to grab
- Poorly made, pieces are uneven and leaves a lot of space in between pieces
This puzzle for kids encourages them to utilize their creativity and problem-solving skills. There are several combinations that children can create.
Children young and old will enjoy playing with this puzzle. It is also a fun way to spend time together as a family. Not only can children enjoy putting the puzzle together but they can also create other objects using the pieces.
- Recommended for children 6 years +
- Made out of easy to clean materials
- Great educational tool for kids to learn about different places in the world
- Great floor puzzle
- Different from traditional puzzles
- Puzzle pieces do not interlock very well, puzzle doesn’t stay together
- Reviews have stated the puzzle they received was missing pieces
- Reported to be too challenging for younger children under the recommended age to put together
Parents love that this puzzle for kids allows them to teach their children about the world in an educational and fun way. There are some downsides to this children’s puzzle that makes it difficult to put together. This puzzle could be improved if the pieces fit together like traditional puzzle pieces. It could also be improved if it labeled more than just the major continents and oceans.
Children have the opportunity to travel around the world with this jigsaw puzzle for kids. They will enjoy seeing where different places around the world and asking questions about these locations, but some improvements need to be made to this map puzzle.
- Develops children’s fine motor and problem solving skills
- Safety tested and Phthalates and BPA-free
- Encourages children to use their imagination
- Includes a wooden storage box
- Puzzle pieces are cheaply made and can break easily
- Paint may chip off and the pieces don’t fit well together
Reviews from parents’ recommend this animal puzzle for kids for all ages. They will like seeing and discovering all the different animals. For older kids, they will learn about upper and lower case letters.
This is a great puzzle that your child can use for years. It’s a great tool to assist children in recognizing animals and letters.
- Develops children’s hand-eye coordination and problem solving skills
- Made with material that makes the puzzle easy to clean and looking new
- Ideal for children 3 and older
- Great teaching tool for children to learn about the solar system
- Large and colorful floor puzzle for kids
- Images may start to peel with frequent use
- Reports of missing pieces. Contact Amazon to return
This is a great floor puzzle for kids, especially if your child loves space and the solar system. The pieces are big which makes it ideal for toddlers and the pieces are also sturdy.
Perfect puzzle for children! It will challenge them and keep them entertained. The colors are vibrant and the pieces are sturdy! Parents can’t go wrong purchasing this children’s puzzle.
The Bottom Line
From a young age puzzles can provide children with many benefits. They are able to challenge the way a child thinks and can exercise their minds in a fun and educational way. Puzzles for kids will contribute to many valuable skills that are important to a child’s development. Some of the skills puzzles promote are cognitive skills, social skills, problem solving skills and many other valuable skills. Whether you purchase your child word puzzles, number puzzles, animal puzzles or any other type of puzzle, you will be happy knowing that they will be contributing to their development as they grow.
We have presented our top 10 puzzles for kids for you to review and consider. To assist you and your child with your decision, the following puzzles would be our winning choices. Our number 1 is the Magnetic Fishing and Bug Catching set. This children’s puzzle is fun, interactive and encourages children to use their imaginations. Using the fishing pole and bug net to ‘catch’ bugs and sea creatures will teach your child to be patient and assist in developing their motor skills. Number 2 goes to The Learning Journey Match It Spelling puzzle for kids. This set of three and four letter puzzle cards teaches children how to spell by associating objects with words by piecing them together. Your child will be spelling in no time with this puzzle! Finally, our last pick goes too the Jumbo Solar System puzzle! It is a great floor puzzle that your child will not only love putting together, but will get them interested in all the other planets that are a part of the solar system besides earth! The pieces of this puzzle are bigger than others, making it easy for children to complete this puzzle independently and a lot of fun!
Now that you have read our top 10 puzzles for kids review and our three standouts as suggestions, we trust you won’t be overwhelmed when you and your child pick out some pretty cool puzzles at your local toy store!