10 Best Nursing Pillows Reviews
10 Best Nursing Pillows Reviews
Pregnancy is a wonderful time often filled with lots of excitement, worry and stress about how one may be as a new parent.
It’s difficult knowing what to expect especially when making the decision to purchase a nursing pillow. Buying a high-quality nursing pillow is important, especially since there are so many brands on the market that seem to have the same product. We’ve compiled this article to help you decide which pillow will suit your needs as well as fit your budget so that you can get the perfect product at your ideal price point. There are a variety of nursing pillows on the market place including baby pillows, maternity pillows, feeding pillows, travel nursing pillows and breast feeding pillows.
All the products that we will be listing below have been approved by the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission in ensuring that the product is safe to buy and has no issues or defects.
We’ve understood your concerns regarding pregnancy and just the overall stress that comes when you realize that you’re about to become a new parent. Therefore we’ve done plenty of research and read a lot about the products we are going to be discussing below. We want the best for you during your difficult time so we’ve made sure to only include the items that we would purchase for ourselves. There are many different options to choose from so that your job can be made a little easier. Remember, as always we look at both the good and the bad and give you our final thoughts, ultimately leaving the decision up to you.
Best Nursing Pillows At A Glance
Before we jump into the best nursing pillows here is a helpful table in looking at all the nursing pillows at a glance along with their prices, ratings and different features.
- Multipurpose and super adjustable
- Adapts to your body and belly in order to give you the support you need
- Helps relieve back pain associated with pregnancy
- Lifetime manufacturer warranty with 100% satisfaction guaranteed
- Removable Jersey Cover
- Perfect C-Shape to adjust to your body
- Maybe too soft for some
- Quite flexible
Instead of putting the entire pillow in the wash, it can be spot cleaned with a damp cloth. Only the removable cover can be placed in the wash
The cover is easy to take on and off as there is a zipper that not many people know about
With all the good things that come with this pillow we feel that it’s worth trying out especially since it is very versatile and can be used for backaches and other pains rather than just for something like pregnancy. It is adjustable to your body and will support you at the same time.
- Feather soft microfibers
- Soft mouldable shape to fit your needs
- Soft polyester cover that is removable and machine washable
- Designed for exclusive comfort when breast feeding for first time moms in making sure the process is smooth
- Only the cover is made from bamboo
- Not as firm as some would like it to be; Ultra-soft shape allows for bending in the middle
The cover for this pillow can also be used on the Boppy (if you have this brand of pillow already)
You can also let your baby sleep on this pillow since it provides extra comfort rather than just use it for breastfeeding
Although this pillow might not be as firm, we still think that it is worth trying out especially since it has a polyester cover and is made from a light breathable material. Many have compared it to the Boppy, but at a much decent price.
- Product guarantee
- Made from 90% polyester and 10% cotton
- Completely machine washable
- Variety of covers that can be removed
- Used for breast feeding, propping, tummy time or simply sitting
- Can turn “flat” after a while
- Does not come with a cover
This pillow has been designed after consulting lactation expert which means that it is ideal for breastfeeding
The pillow does not come with a cover but the entire thing is machine washable
We recommend this pillow if you’re looking for versatility since it can be used for a variety of things. Definitely a must have for new mothers with newborns. You will be getting what you paid for in terms of the price and the quality.
- Machine washable cover
- Super soft and fluffy
- Comes with a vinyl tote bag
- 100% polyester
- quite versatile and can be used for feeding as well as sitting for the baby
- A little too firm
- Cannot be adjusted like other pillows
- Can be too puffy for some
To clean your NurSit Basic Fiber-Filled Nursing & Support Pillow, simply toss the entire pillow into the washing machine. No need for the hassle of removing covers or pulling out filling
The stitching is incredibly strong which means that you won’t necessarily need to put a cover on it in order to protect it
Not only does this pillow come in a variety of adorable prints but it is versatile and will provide the support needed for your baby. We definitely think this is something that you should try out. It has many features that justify the price, and for the quality it is a decent buy.
- Multiple sitting and propping positions
- Removable cover
- Designed with nursing in mind
- Allows for movement and versatility
- 100% cotton and 100% polyester fill making it super comfortable
- Size is quite large
- One edge is lower than the other which means that depending on how you choose to adjust it, can be a little uncomfortable
One end is lower than the other in order to provide extra support and help you adjust the pillow the way you want
Although the pillow does not come with a cover, an old pillow sheet can be used in order to substitute for a cover
Given such a reasonable price point we don’t see why this pillow shouldn’t be bought. Especially since it is versatile and allows for many different positions, not only will it offer you and your baby support and comfort but it’s designed to fit around your body smoothly.
- 30 Day Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Zippered cover which allows for easy cleaning
- Machine washable
- Relieves pain since the c-shape is designed to offer plenty of comfort
- Quite firm
- Material quality isn’t that great
You have to take the pillow out of the box and shake it and let it fluff.
The pillow can be adjusted to fit in a full size bed with no issues
For the price point, along with everything else this pillow has to offer we believe that you should give it a chance. If you’re not completely satisfied you can always return it and opt for something else.
- 100% polyester cover fill
- Cover zips off and is machine washable
- Helps keeps your hips and spine in a neutral position
- Designed by a nurse and follows the natural shape of your body in order to make sure that you have comfort
- Slight curve of the pillow allows you to tuck yourself in while giving your back, neck, stomach and hips support
- Very thin
- Does not offer a lot of support
Although this doesn’t come with a cover you can easily stitch one with an old bedsheet
The pillow can be placed directly underneath the back in order to provide extra support
Based on the positive aspects of this pillow we believe that you should definitely try it out before making your decision. It is not only full body but it can be used for more than just sleeping.
- Helps baby position itself for breastfeeding
- Removable cover + washable
- Maternity sleeping pillow
- Ideal for naptime as it allows baby to rest comfortably and fall asleep while feeding
- Not only soft but durable as well
- Positioned in many different ways for optimal comfort
- Size runs very big
- Pricier compared to other pillows
This pillow is L shaped which allows it to be placed directly under the body and still provides support to your neck and back
This pillow can also be used for arm support if you’ve broken a bone
We think this pillow is worth the investment especially because of it’s size and its versatility which will allow you to use it not only for nap time but for feeding time as well.
- Extra long shape
- Highest quality
- Comfortable positions
- Extra comfortable and made with softest materials to make sure you’re satisfied
- Full body pillow to support your legs, back and stomach
- Firmness is not suitable to everyone’s needs
- Size of the pillow can be a little daunting since it is bigger than the average pregnancy pillow
The “crunchy” noise of the pillow can easily be fixed with a flannel or jersey knit cover
This pillow is perfect for side sleepers because you can easily adjust to sleep on it
This pillow is one that is definitely worth the price in our opinion given how long it is along with the fact that it is made from high quality materials. We recommend buying if you’re looking for a long and comfortable maternity pillow.
- Convenient pocket
- Wrap around design
- Arm and elbow support
- Removable cover that is machine washable
- Sleek wrap around design that will offer support while you breast feed your baby
- Size can be an issue
- Cheap feel
Take the clear plastic cover off then zip the fabric cover off and then put the plastic cover back on so that you don’t smell the foam
The cover is removable but it can easily slip off and if you hang it up to dry it’ll dry easier
This pillow is worth the price and is incredibly convenient and versatile which means that you will get plenty of use out of it. Highly recommend spending your money on this and getting it. With the extra features that this pillow has including the pockets and the support for your arm and elbow, you’d be crazy not to get this pillow. Not only is it convenient but it will wrap around you and provide the support needed.
The Bottom Line
This review has looked at a variety of nursing pillows all from ones that include maternity pillows to breast feeding pillows along with everything in between. Pregnancy can be an incredibly stressful, scary and exciting time and we know how hard it is to deal with, which is why we’ve compiled this review to make it easier and more comfortable to rest. Whether you’re going to be a new mom or are an old expert, we know that there is a pillow out there, designed to help relieve pain and offer support.
Depending on your budget along with your own needs in terms of what you look for in a pillow, this review has you covered with many different options. We’ve listed pillows that are high end, low end and everything in the middle in order to make sure that you will be satisfied. We hope this review helps in deciding what kind of pillow to buy and also hope that you will end up satisfied with where you choose to spend your money.