10 Best Nursing Bras Reviews
10 Best Nursing Bras Reviews
Are you a pregnant soon-to-be mother or currently a mother in nursing?
Then you are most likely familiar with the discomfort and irritation of wearing your everyday, pre-pregnancy bra. Perhaps your regular bras don’t fit as well as they used to, or your favourite lace bras now only cause nothing but chafing and irritation. Because unlike nursing bras, which are designed for nursing women, ordinary bras do not have the capacity to accommodate changes that happen to your breasts while pregnant and nursing, such as size and sensitivity.
There are plenty of positives that come with wearing nursing bras. They provide comfort as they don’t have an underwire, while still supporting your breasts. Underwires press against the soft tissue and lead to aches and swells. Nursing bras have a comfortable cotton underlining, reducing sensitivity caused by chafing against rough fabric, and cover a larger surface area.
So now it’s time to take a leap into the world of maternity bras! If you’re still on the fence or researching which nursing bras are the best to purchase, we’ve compiled a list of all the best nursing bras just for your convenience. Each of these nursing bras have been analysed carefully and have received numerous of positive customer reviews on Consumer Reports from soon to be mothers like you looking for the maternity bras that are comfortable to wear and use. We’ve read through tonnes of customer reviews and customer reports to provide you the best of the best pregnancy bras.
Best Nursing Bras At A Glance
Before we get into a detailed discussion on the different kinds of nursing bras, below is a brief overview of the nursing bras that we think you might want to take a quick look at.
CAKYE Maternity Nursing Bra
- This breastfeeding bra has no underwire and is easy to use. It’s very soft and comfortable against your skin allowing you to wear it day and night
- This pregnancy bra offers full coverage and overall gentle support during your pregnancy while you sleep
- It has a simple crossover front design. The easy one-handed drop-down cups of this maternity bra provides quick breastfeeding
- This bra is a great choice for sleeping or lounging making it one of the best pregnancy bras on the market
- Although this bra looks amazing, there have been complaints that it is not very comfortable and itchy
- The front of this racerback nursing bra is not close enough together for mothers with larger DD or DDD cup sizes
If you see indentations on your skin where the band and straps were, or your breasts are spilling, then the nursing bra is too tight and needs to be replaced
Never use your regular bras during pregnancy. Your breasts are growing and developing glandular tissues that can add a few ounces per breast. Ensure comfy support using a pregnancy bra
Overall, this nursing bra is convenient and offers quick feeding, making it a great choice for sleeping or lounging. It has a simple crossover front design and stretchy cotton fabric making it the one of the best maternity bras for soon to be mothers.
Kindred Bravely Nursing Sleep Bra
- This pregnancy bra won the Mom’s Choice award, making it the best maternity bra
- It is made from super soft French Terry and has no clasps or hooks
- This racerback nursing bra offers pull-aside breastfeeding access and has no elastic bands that constrict and pinch
- It’s designed for fluctuating breast sizes making it one of the best nursing bras for large breasts
- There have been complaints about the sizing of the bra to be slightly tricky and not very accurate
- This nursing bra is not designed well for taller pregnant women
To find proper measurements, wear a non-padded, well-fitted maternity bra and wear the measuring tape snugly around your rib cage or just under the bust line
When measuring make sure the measuring tape is parallel to the floor from front to back
Overall this is a great supportive nursing bra. It’s a simple crossover front design and the stretchy fabric ensures a super comfy feeling. The nursing and sleep bra offers you easy one-handed, pull-aside breastfeeding access. It’s an ideal choice for a maternity sleep bra due to the night-time support and keeping breast pads in place.
Desirelove Nursing Bra
- This is one of the maternity bras that use molded foam cups for a lining to hide nipples or breast pads
- The non-removable nursing sleep bra design solves the problem of discomfort caused by pads movement
- This sexy maternity bra is also made with stretchy, breathable and soft material. It is gentle on you and your baby’s skin
- This bra is designed for pregnant and nursing women. The full coverage cups and wire free design provide a comfortable fit for your changing shapes unlike an underwire nursing bra
- This cotton nursing bra runs small and does not fit women with larger breasts
- The stretchy material is nice for sups, but it makes the band not very snug even on the tightest setting
Be sure to use the adjustable straps effectively to ensure the best comfort when wearing it
If you are between sizes, round down for a snug fit and up for a more relaxed fit
The buttery soft fabric of the Desirelove nursing bra molds to your changing shape, so that you can wear it while pregnant or nursing. In addition, the full drop away cup design allows for maximum skin-to-skin contact. Whether you are a pregnant woman or a breastfeeding mother, you will enjoy the comfort and style that this sexy maternity bra offers and reach for it often from your drawer.
Leading Lady Lace Padded Nursing Bra
- This stylish sexy nursing bras is perfect for going out or staying in. It doubles as your basic t-shirt bra that comfortably forms to your natural shape
- This push up nursing bra is also intended for breastfeeding ease. It features easy one hand nursing clasps, inner cotton slings, and drop-down cups that easily fold and stay in place as they support your breasts while you nurse
- It has an elegant lace overlay making a sexy maternity bra
- The flexible lace bands, 4 hooks back closure and adjustable straps on this bra for pregnant women allow your body to expand for extra comfort
- After wearing this nursing bra, a handful of times and a few washed, the underwire may poke through the side
- There are complaints that the straps of the bra are very wide and nearly fall off the shoulders
Cotton is often the fabric of choice for nursing bras because it dries quickly and its important for keeping nipples dry when nursing
You may want the added support of top clasps during the early weeks of nursing when you may also be wearing nursing pads
The Leading Lady Women’s Lace Padded push up nursing bra brings the confidence you need to be unstoppable out on the town or while you breastfeed on the go! It truly is the definition of a sexy nursing bra.
Bravado! Designs Maternity Nursing Bra
- The Bravado nursing bra is one of the best nursing sports bras thanks to is luxuriously soft, seamless and wire-free design for added comfort
- This maternity sports bra has removable foam inserts that provide a lovely shape and nipple discretion
- Bravado bras have a 4 way stretch fabric that supports different shapes as well as larger sizing options making it one of the best nursing bras for large breasts
- This nursing sports bra has been tested and certified in accordance with OEKO-TEX Standard 100 requirements, which ensures products are free from harmful substances
- The cups on this padded nursing bra are not very supportive for shallow breasted women who need lower support based on the nursing bras reviews
- Nursing bras reviews indicate that the fabric of this bra pills after washing
If you are a nursing mom wearing a brassiere that is too small, it will lay on top of the breast tissue, thus putting added strain on the tissue and may lead to plugged milk ducts
Avoid an ill-fitting garment by taking some measurements to make sure that you have the best suitable size
Overall the Bravado! nursing bra is made from seamless soft and stretchy fabric that’s comfortable to wear all day. It is the best maternity bra for wearing under clothing as it is virtually invisible. This bra collection provides everything women need for pregnancy and breastfeeding making it the perfect bra for pregnant women.
EMY Nursing Bra Maternity Bra
- This is one of the best nursing bras because it is comfortable for pregnancy, nursing, sleeping or yoga
- This nursing sports bra is machine washable and easy to care for especially for busy moms
- The option of using pads makes this a great padded nursing bra
- Unlike an underwire nursing bra, this one provides great elasticity and crossover front style. It makes breastfeeding easier by simply pulling aside
- This strapless nursing bra is made with 95% cotton and 5% spandex, providing great comfort
- The fit of this maternity sports bra runs slightly big and does not provide much support based on nursing bras reviews
- The elastic eyelets on the edges are slightly itchy at first before washing
If you’re trying bras on, look for a comfort level that offers the right balance for you. If the bra is too loose, your breasts won’t be supported, but if it’s too tight, you’ll be uncomfortable
Keep in mind that when you begin nursing your breasts will be larger and you may need to use nursing pads
The EMY nursing bra is the best choice if you are seeking a maternity sports bra. The crossover style of the bra assists in a simple breastfeeding process by easily pulling it aside. The soft fabric provides great elasticity and can provide great comfort both day and night.
Perkisboby Breastfeeding Nursing Bra
- This bra is made with 90% nylon and 10% spandex, making it very comfortable
- Like most nursing bras, this is seamless, wireless and made with breathable fabrics
- The clip down nursing bra is easy to use for feeding your baby
- The adjustable elastic shoulder straps are designed for different time period length adjustment
- This is a stylish maternity bra with a 3D push up cup and V back design to build nice breast and back outline
- The removable molded bra pad gives more support for your breasts
- There are reports of the bra clasps undoing themselves too easily when walking
- Some reviews indicate situations where the material caused rashes upon wearing for lengthy periods of time
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you may need to consider 1 size larger than your normal bras
When purchasing online, check sizing charts to find the right size along with making sure that the website has a good exchange policy
This is the best pregnancy bra for a mother looking for a bra that sits comfortably while wearing them. They are very breathable to help maintain moisture between skin and the environment. During pregnancy, the push up cups help relieve stress from your skin. Also, the material is skin-friendly, so it makes a perfect maternity sleep bra.
FOMANSH Seamless Maternity Bra
- The elastic fabric of this gives support to the breasts to avoid chest dropping. It helps keep the shape
- This is one of the nursing bras that are safe for washing. It is great with pilling and fading resistance
- This is the one of the best pregnancy bras since it is specially designed for nursing. It gives you one-hand access and allows you to take off the cup separately in one step
- The U-shape band is a special wide side band that conceals armpit fat and keeps a close fit
- The padding may be too thick depending on the type you’re looking for
When putting on your bra, bend over slightly while lifting the breasts into the cups. Guide each breast into the cup when you stand
Have someone else check and adjust the straps in the back so they fit snugly to your skin
FOMANSH nursing bra is durable, soft and comfortable to wear. The seamlessness of this maternity bra means no more underwire stress to your ribs. This is one of the cheap maternity bras that is easy on your wallet and will give you the most comfortable wearing experience. This bra makes breastfeeding easier and not awkward.
iLoveSIA Seamless Nursing Bra
- This supportive nursing bra has front one-hand access nursing clips and adjustable shoulder straps
- It offers full coverage cups, stretchy fabric, all-around seamless and wire free design, and comfortably fits your changing breast shape
- The high stretchy material knitted under band and side band provide enough support for plus size maternity bras
- The inner, wide nursing sling and support ribbing help to support breasts and prevent sagging. This makes this bra the best nursing bras for large breasts
- For pregnant women in their later weeks of pregnancy, may experience straps that keep falling down
Simply hand-wash your nursing bra in a mild detergent in the sink and leave it to dry overnight. In the morning your bra will be clean and ready to wear. This helps to retain its shape and elasticity
A great time-saving tip is to wear your bra in the shower and wash it with your favourite-scented shower gel. Then let the bra hang dry in the shower overnight
Overall, this seamless nursing bra offers gentle, stretchy support and the easiest possible breastfeeding access for mom and baby. It is the perfect maternity sleep bra for resting or lounging when comfort is key. The seamless and buttery-soft fabric is also remarkably comfortable to wear, and virtually invisible under clothing. A good choice if you are looking for cheap maternity bras to save money.
Motherhood Seamless Nursing Bra
- This motherhood nursing bra provides the softest most comfortable fit for tender breasts
- Motherhood maternity nursing bras help keep your skin dry when there is some leakage
- It offers a variety of sizes making it one of the best nursing bras for large breasts
- This is one of the cute nursing bras with its lace trim style. It adds a hint of beauty and sensuality
- The fabric, detailing and padding of this bra are satisfactory. The padding itself is slightly smaller
Avoid bras that open completely at the front for a feeding. You’ll have a hard time wrestling your breasts back into place when you’re done nursing
The bra should support the breast from beneath even when the cup is open. This makes feeding more comfortable and reclosing the bra less of a struggle
There is no reason to look frumpy when you’re nursing, and that’s why this bra seeks to be a functional as it is complementary to the figure. The light support of this bra never feels claustrophobic or too tight and the wrap style adds the best comfort for new moms. Overall, Motherhood makes cute nursing bras that are a success among new moms.
The Bottom Line
Baby nursing bras are not all alike, so how do you choose the right one if you are a beginner mom? There are so many claims to excellence, but what do moms need when selecting the right nursing bras for their needs? Producing milk can change your breast size exponentially. This is why we compiled a well-researched list of the best nursing bras that will help you choose the right bra and the right fit to nurse while you are out and also while you are at home.
So yes, there are many to choose from, but you can make a selection based on reviews from other mothers. You may need nursing bras for large breasts, a cotton nursing bra to ensure that you’re dry, or you might need maternity bras that provides extra support and comfort. Moms love to tell their experiences, and this will help you make your decision on what kind of nursing bra to buy. Parenthood can be overwhelming, but this shouldn’t be. We hope that our 10 best nursing bras reviews will help you make the right choice in choosing your new baby nursing bra.
Get Free Samples Delivered to Your Door!
Net Parents wants to help you get free samples from top-rated brands. It couldn't be easier!Sign Up for Free Samples