Best Mini Crib Reviews
Best Mini Crib Reviews
Due to their space-saving design, mini cribs are popular among many new parents, especially those who live in apartments or small homes that cannot accommodate a regular-size crib along with the other nursery stuff such as a changing table, dresser, toys, and much more. Cribs for small spaces are exactly what they sound like.
They are smaller in size as compared to the standard ones and yet, they are equally comfortable and useful. Other than being a space-saver, some of the best mini cribs can be converted into twin beds as your baby grows. Many of them are foldable and portable too.
With so many options attractive and luxurious options, new parents can often get overwhelmed with the thought of choosing the best mini crib for their little one. To make things easier for you, our team has come up with a highly reliable and helpful list of the 10 best cribs for small spaces. This list will definitely save your time and effort. Our team has done rigorous research on each of the small baby beds before selecting it for our list, so be assured that you will get genuine, unbiased advice from us.
Best Mini Crib At A Glance – Small Baby Bed
Mini crib size does matter a lot while shopping for a small baby bed but, other than that, you will have to consider many other features too. Before we brief you about the 10 best mini cribs in details, let’s get a quick overview of their features and specifications.
- This small baby bed has wheels for easy transportation.
- Can be converted into a toddler bed or daybed. (kit sold separately)
- Has four adjustable mattress positions for your convenience.
- Available in five different colors.
- Made of solid pine wood sustainably sourced from New Zealand.
- Designed strictly as per ASTM international and U.S. CPSC safety standards.
- Very easy to assemble.
- The wheels don’t lock.
- The paint could start to chip off after a few years of use.
For over 25 years, DaVinci has been one of the best crib brands. Its products are finely designed and they meet and exceed safety standards. So, this small crib for small spaces is definitely a worthy buy.
- This crib for small spaces can be converted into a daybed and a toddler bed.
- Comes with a conversion kit.
- Adheres to all relevant safety and quality standards.
- Has a wooden frame with non-toxic finish.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Available in three different colors.
- Has 4 adjustable mattress position.
- It doesn’t have wheels for movability.
- The paint could chip off with time but the paint is non-toxic, so you need not worry about it.
Amazon is one of the best places to buy a crib and this one is one of its top-selling products. The rounded spindles look great and will add a modern look to your nursery. Although it is somewhat expensive as compared to the other products in this list, it is definitely worth its price.
- This small baby bed has a space-saver design and can be folded for easy transportation and storage.
- JPMA certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by the CPSC & ASTM.
- Has two position mattress height adjustment for your convenience and your child’s safety.
- The best mini crib mattress is included with this best portable crib and it can be accommodated inside it even when folded.
- Tested for lead and other toxic elements.
- If you receive a freshly painted one, you may have to air it out for a few days.
- The mattress is 1 inch in thickness. So, as your baby grows, you may have to buy a thicker one.
Manufactured by Delta Children, one of the best crib brands and sold on Amazon, the best place to buy a crib, this small baby bed is definitely worth its price. It is very lightweight and yet sturdy, making it a perfect solution for small homes and apartments.
- Comes with attachable or detachable wheels and, therefore, this small baby bed can be used as a rocking bed too.
- 1-inch waterproof mattress is included with this crib for small spaces.
- It is made of sustainable New Zealand pine wood and is sturdy enough to last for years.
- This mini crib with wheels has four adjustable mattress positions for your convenience.
- It adheres to all the relevant safety and quality standards.
- The thickness of the mattress is just 1 inch. You may have to buy an additional best mini crib mattress but that’s not a big deal because this mini crib with wheels is very affordable.
- It is a little difficult to make it rock on carpeted floor.
This apartment size crib is perfect for small homes and shared rooms. Since you can use it as a rocker, it is definitely worth its price. A lot of buyers in their mini crib reviews have stated that it can fit in the doorway, which means you can easily transport it from the nursery to your bedroom or the living room without breaking it down.
- Being a small crib for small spaces it can be converted into a toddler bed, daybed, and full-size bed.
- It has a 3-position mattress height adjustment, so you can lower the height of the mattress are your baby begins to sit or stand.
- Being the safest mini crib, it is JPMA certified to meet or exceed all safety standards.
- It has been tested for lead and other toxic elements.
- Available in grey, white, or dark chocolate shades.
- Easy to assemble.
- You may have to air it out for a few hours or days to get rid of the fresh paint smell, in case it smells like that.
- Doesn’t come with assembly instructions but most of the buyers in their mini crib reviews have stated that it is fairly easy to assemble.
Manufactured by one of the best crib brands, this 4-in-1 convertible crib for small spaces is totally worth its price. It has a sturdy wooden construction and is painted with child-safe paint. You can buy it with/without mattress.
- Rated as one of the best mini cribs, it can be converted into a daybed.
- Has four adjustable mattress levels.
- Has a non-toxic, lead-free finish.
- Counted among one of the safest mini cribs, it meets ASTM international and U.S. CPSC safety standards.
- Available in many cute colors.
- Buyers in their mini crib reviews have stated that it is very easy to assemble.
- The height is shorter as compared to the other best mini cribs listed here.
- Doesn’t have wheels, so it cannot be counted among the best portable cribs.
This is a very simple crib for small spaces with no wheels for mobility. Yet, it is made of sturdy New Zealand Pine wood and is designed to meet all relevant safety standards. Perfect for small homes and shared rooms.
- This mini crib for twins can accommodate 50 lbs, which is much more than what the other best mini cribs in this list can.
- Can be converted into a daybed, a toddler bed, and a twin size bed.
- It has three position mattress support system.
- For your convenience, this product comes with all the necessary tools for assembly.
- It is designed strictly in accordance with the CPSC and ASTM standards.
- Doesn’t have wheels for portability.
- Since it is a convertible bed, you will have to spend a good amount of time for assembling it correctly.
This mini crib for twins is definitely designed to last for years. The mattress included with this crib is not thick so you may have to buy another one. While ordering, make sure you buy the best mini crib mattress that fits well. To avoid sizing issues, note down the mini crib measurements before ordering.
- This mini crib size is suitable for small homes, apartments, and for shared rooms.
- The patented, space-saving design lets you fold and store it easily.
- A product of one of the best crib brands, this crib meets all relevant ASTM and CPSC standards.
- Features a stationary rail design for utmost safety of your child.
- Has teething rail guards and safety locking wheels.
- Made of high-grade pine wood.
- All tools required for assembly are included in the kit.
- You may have to air it out for a few days to get rid of the fresh paint smell.
- The toddler bed conversion kit is not so easily available. So, you should order it in advance.
This sturdy pine wood crib for small spaces is easy to assemble and comes with all the required tools to make your work easier. Since it has a teething rail guard, we highly recommend this product. Moreover, it is doing very well on Amazon, one of the best places to buy a crib, which further proves that it deserves to be on our list of best mini cribs.
- Counted among the best portable crib, this product is screened for 360 VOCs and over 10,000 chemicals and found to be extremely safe for kids.
- This mini cribs for twins can be converted into a toddler bed, daybed, and a full-size bed.
- This safest mini crib is manufactured according to the ASTM international and U.S. CPSC safety standards.
- Features 4 adjustable mattress positions.
- Made of solid New Zealand Pinewood.
- The paint may chip off with time.
- This is not a mini crib with wheels.
If you don’t really want a mini crib with storage, this 4-in-1 convertible crib is one of the best options for you to consider. It can be used for years. It comes with a toddler rail, whereas many other best mini cribs listed here do not include that. This totally justifies its price.
- Sturdy wooden crib manufactured by Storkcraft, one of the best crib brands since 1945.
- This mini crib with storage is designed to meet JPMA, CPSC, and ASTM standards and therefore, it is one of the safest mini cribs.
- Has non-toxic and durable finishes.
- Changer is included with this mini crib with storage.
- The mattress has three adjustable height.
- Made of high-quality pine wood.
- The changing table can later be used as a nightstand.
- The changing table is smaller in size as compared to the other changing tables that are sold separately.
- Assembly is time-consuming.
As mentioned, if you need a mini crib with storage, this product is definitely for you. Once your baby outgrows the crib, you can convert it into a full-size bed using a conversion kit. You can detach the changing table from it and use it as a nightstand or just for storage. This mini crib size is perfect for small homes and for co-sleeping.
Best Place to Buy a Crib – Find the Best Mini Crib
Unless you have a big bedroom, fitting a full-size crib is going to be a challenge. You may have to rearrange a lot of furniture, and even then, your room will look cluttered. Mini cribs, also known as small baby beds, are perfect alternatives for such parents. They are designed to provide adequate protection to your baby and yet, the mini crib size is small enough to pass through doorways. The best mini cribs are convertible too i.e. they can be easily upgraded to a toddler bed and daybed. Some of them can even be upgraded to twin-size bed. There are mini cribs for twins too! In short, cribs for small spaces are available in many attractive designs and have different features. However, you may not find all such varieties in your nearby home furnishing or baby care store. This is the reason why parents prefer researching and buying the best mini crib online.
Almost all small baby bed manufacturers have their own online store and they do sell their products directly. But, if you are looking for the best place to buy a crib, we would highly recommend Amazon. This global online store has hundreds of options to choose from. The products sold over Amazon are authentic and not counterfeit ones. Further, the mini crib reviews that you see on this best place to buy a crib are all from verified buyers. So, you can really trust their feedback and suggestions. Another reason why Amazon is the best place to buy a crib is that it offers you genuine products at a discounted price. Even the best crib brands sell their products over Amazon at a discounted price in order to get more buyers. This is the reason why many of us prefer buying from Amazon instead of buying directly from the manufacturer’s website or their physical store.
Best Crib Brands – Overview
Cribs for small spaces are not just baby beds that you can quickly pick from your nearby furniture store. The crib is going to be one of the most important items in your baby’s room for the vital years of his life. It is the place where your baby will sleep, grow, and play, which is why it is important to spend some time and buy something that meets all the relevant quality and safety standards. Please note that you must not buy just any piece of furniture, as it can topple or break and may hurt your baby. This is the reason why most parents prefer buying furniture of the best crib brands, even though they cost more. These brands have strictest manufacturing standards and each of their products undergo rigorous quality checking to ensure that your baby stays safe within it. While there are many crib manufacturers, below we have listed some of the best crib brands that are renowned for their quality standards for decades:
Dream On Me
DOM is the designer, manufacturer, and supplier of some of the best mini cribs. It is a family-owned and operated business. It also owns two patents on their best mini crib mattresses.
With more than 50 years of experience, Delta Children is definitely one of the best crib brands. It works closely with the renowned safety organizations such as JPMA and ASTM and helps create industry standards that are vital for your child’s safety. It sells products for children of all age groups.
If you are looking for eco friendly mini cribs with wheels or without wheels, Babyletto is definitely one of the best crib brands to consider. Babyletto cribs for small spaces feature award-winning designs that are both fun and functional. So, if you are looking for the best portable crib or a mini crib with wheels, do check out the Babyletto range of kids furniture.
It is the leading manufacturer and supplier of the widest selection of GREENGUARD Gold certified safest mini cribs. The Kalani Crib listed above and vintage-inspired Jenny Lind Crib are its award-winning products. The Union 3-in-1 convertible crib listed above is also manufactured by DaVinci. They also sell some of the best mini crib mattresses.
With over 70 years of experience and an unmatched reputation and quality commitments, Storkcraft deserves to be one of the best crib brands. It never compromises on safety and ensures that each of its products comply with all applicable safety standards. The designs are even sent for third-party testing before production.
What Criteria We Used In Evaluation Of Cribs for Small Spaces
The American Academy of Pediatrics mandates that all baby furniture including mini crib with storage must comply with the latest safety standards set by the Juvenile Product Manufacturers Association (JPMA). (1) Keep in mind that JPMA has changed the crib safety standards after June 2011 and has banned the drop-side rail. So, if you are planning to buy a pre-owned small baby bed, please ensure that it is manufactured after 2011 and it strictly adheres to the latest safety standards. All the cribs for small spaces are also required to meet the U.S Consumer Product Safety Commission Standards. While buying a mini crib with wheels or without wheels, please ensure that the date of manufacture is printed somewhere on the crib. Being an expecting parent, it could be difficult for you to verify the credentials of the manufacturer and the safety certifications of the crib. To make things easier for you, our research team has thoroughly verified each of the best mini cribs listed here and has ensured that it adheres to the current safety standards.
Parents who live in small apartments might get tempted to buy a small baby bed, which obviously takes up much less space than a full-size crib. But, remember that your baby will outgrow it sooner than you expect. So our team strongly recommend that you must buy a mini crib size bed that could easily be converted into a toddler bed. Some of the best mini cribs that we have listed here could also be converted into twin bed and can be used for years. You may have to buy conversion kits separately. We recommend that you should buy the conversion kit while buying the crib itself, as they often get out of stock.
Adjustable mattress height
The best mini cribs often come with adjustable mattress height. Such a mattress can be raised or lowered as per your needs. When your baby is too young, you can keep the mattress at its maximum height so you don’t have to break your back while trying to put him in or take him out of the crib. As your baby learns to sit, you must use the lowest mattress height to prevent him from climbing or falling out of the crib. The ones listed here have 3 or 4 mattress height settings, giving your baby enough safety space.
Child-friendly, non-toxic paint
Whether you like it or not, as soon as your baby starts teething, he will lick and probably bite the rails of the cribs. Most kids do that and no matter how much you supervise, you will still not be able to prevent it altogether. Some day or other you will find your toddler with a mouthful of paint. The only way you can keep your baby safe is to buy a crib that has been painted with non-toxic, child-friendly paint. Each of the best mini cribs listed here have child-friendly finish and is tested for lead and other chemicals. Even if your child will lick his small baby bed, you can stay relaxed knowing that it is not going to harm him in any way. If you want, you can buy teething rail guards separately to cover them.
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about small baby beds:
Kids usually outgrow a standard-sized crib by their 3rd birthday. Since the mini crib size is much smaller than standard-size crib, it is obvious that your baby would outgrow it around his second birthday. However, ‘how long can a baby Sleep in a mini crib’ has no universal answer, as it all depends on your child’s growth. Thankfully, the best mini cribs listed here can be easily converted into toddlers bed and even into twin-size bed with the help of conversion kits. So, you can use them for a long time.
It depends on its quality. The ones listed here are made of pinewood that is sustainably sourced from New Zealand. They are designed to last for years. Once your child outgrows them, you can convert them into toddlers bad and even twin bed. Some of the mini cribs with storage have detachable storage section that you can later use as a bedside table or night table. So, if you want to know how long does a mini crib lasts, check out what it is made up of and also do read the mini crib reviews to find out how the other parents have been using them.
The standard mini crib measurements are 24” wide by 38” long. However, some could be broader or narrower. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you must find out the mini crib size before ordering the best mini crib mattress to go with it.
If you are pressed for space, mini cribs for small spaces will help you share your room with your new bundle of joy. Our team has created the above list of best mini cribs to help expecting parents choose a trendy, functional, and safe sleeping furniture for their baby without taking up the hassles of going to multiple baby stores and paying hefty price for cribs that could be bought online at a much discounted price. However, we strongly recommend that you must personally read the small baby bed description and the mini crib reviews before ordering it. We hope you find this blog helpful. For more useful information on latest baby products, keep reading our blog.
1- Choosing a Crib. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.healthychildren.org/English/ages-stages/prenatal/decisions-to-make/Pages/Choosing-a-Crib.aspx