12 Best Kids Plates Reviews
12 Best Kids Plates Reviews
Congratulations! Your child has reached another milestone in their life…they are now eating solid food and trying to eat independently!!
As a parent, we’re sure that feeding your family fresh, healthy and maybe organic foods is one of your top priorities. Once your child is old enough to eat solid foods, it’s a good idea to serve it on the cutest, colorful and kid friendly toddler plate or kid plate. There are so many different types of plates available that have been specifically designed for children. These types of baby plates, toddler plates and kids plates are great because for one; they are unbreakable to deal with those occasions when your little one decides to throw their meal on the floor and secondly, plates can assist with encouraging trying new foods and new food textures.
Now that your little one is able to feed themself, it is now a great opportunity for you to stock up on all the kids’ plates you will need. To assist you in choosing the best baby plates, toddler plates and kids plates for your little one, we have compiled a list of what we think are great options to choose from. We know, as a parent, you only want to purchase the safest and best kids plates available. The only kids plates you’ll find on this review meet or exceed the FDA standards for better food safety and food contact.
So whether you are looking for baby plates, toddler plates, kids plates, kids divided plates, silicone baby plates or suction plates for toddlers we’ve got a great selection of the best kids plates! We hope you find this review helpful when picking out some fun kids dinnerware!
Best Kids Plates At A Glance
For ease of reference, the table below gives you a quick features overview of the 10 best kids plates we think you’ll want to check out.
- The unique design will be sure to delight your baby come mealtime
- Great for toddlers learning to eat on their own
- The bowl is made from pine wood, which is not as durable as most types of bamboo
The manufacturer recommends handwashing and airdrying thiPetits Et Maman Kids Spaceship Plates plate; don’t use the dishwasher!
This is a very creatively-designed and reasonably-priced plate ideal for a baby boy roughly 1-3 years old.
The Baby Natural Specialty Cream is non-irritating, pH balanced, contains no animal ingredients, not tested on animals and made in Canada.
- Bamboo construction makes this bowl very difficult to damage
- The silicone spoon is gentle against your baby’s gums, which is especially useful for teething
- Product contains no BPA, PVC, lead, or phthalate
- Very ergonomically-designed, with a wooden spoon carved perfectly for your baby’s hands
- The suction design can make the bowl a bit awkward to hold and use anywhere other than a table
Fix the bowl in place by firmly pressing on it, which will activate the suction. The suction is pretty great; the bowl won’t move much.
This is a very ergonomic and useful bowl, with deep partitions. It’s designed for tables which means you probably won’t use it on the go but it works as intended.
- These Re-play plates are perfect for toddlers because they are ideal for small portions and everyday use
- These are the best toddler plates because they are durable and produced from thick recycled plastic, they will last many years, through many meals and will not wear or fade
- Parents highly recommend and love these Re-play plates because of there high quality, ability to keep there shape and durability after several washes and they can be neatly stacked when stored
- The high edges on these kids’ plates keep food from sliding off the plate when children are carrying them
- Not microwave safe
- May take awhile to receive from Amazon
- These Re-play plates don’t contain suction cups to help keep it from sliding around
Not only are these great toddler plates but they are environmentally friendly. They’re design is simple and can be used as children grow.
Parents will love using these plates for their growing toddlers. The colors used for these kids’ plates are vibrant and remain durable even after several uses and washes. They are also great at preventing or minimizing messes when children are carrying their own plate.
- This kids’ divided plate set is practical for children to use whether they’re at home, school or travelling.
- This kids’ plate set is foldable, light weight and features curved edges that helps when children are picking up their food with utensils
- Kiddiebites kids’ divided plates are easy to stack and store and are indestructible plus children will not be able to destroy them
- Every purchase of this kids’ divided plate, provides a meal to a toddler in need
- Expensive for the number of plates included
- Oily foods can leave a residue, even after washing
- Food can sometimes taste soapy if the plate is not rinsed thoroughly
It is highly recommended that parents do not cut their children’s food on this plate, as the knife can cut into and damage the silicone. Also, the company recommends that for cleaning this kids’ plate, parents use dish detergent that doesn’t contain moisturizers, antibacterial properties or oils. For stuck on food or oil buildup, it is recommended that the plate be soaked overnight in vinegar or lemon juice and water.
These kids’ plates are ideal to use, especially when travelling. They make it easy to serve a snack or meal in while on the go. The dividers help prevent food from rolling around. The silicone also keeps the plate in place. Parents do need to be careful using a knife on this product and special attention is required when cleaning this kids’ plate
- These Re-play divided plates have high sides that help in minimizing messes
- The sections of this kids’ divided plate are deep enough to hold a kids size portion of food
- Replay divided plates are dishwasher safe but top rack only
- Several parent reviews appreciate that these toddler plates are stackable and can be neatly stored
- Not microwave safe
- Smaller plate compared to other kids’ plates brands
- Slide around, making it difficult for children to hold and eat at the same time
These are a perfect sized toddler plate. They could be improved if silicone or rubber was added to the bottom so they would grip to the table and wouldn’t slide around. It is also recommended that parents do not cut up their child’s food in this Re-play divided plate because it can ruin the bottom and leave knife marks.
These Re-play plates are a great product. They are deep and hold a good amount of food. It is great to be able to support recycling, reduce waste going to landfill and our global environment. The plates come highly recommended on Amazon.
- These toddler divided plates are dishwasher safe (top rack only)
- Toddlers won’t be able to break these kids’ divided plates because they are unbreakable
- These toddler plates are sturdy and won’t move around while children are trying to eat
- The design of the WeeSprout toddler divided plate helps to minimize spills
- These toddler divided plates are a helpful teaching tool when parents are introducing self-feeding. They also help develop children’s fine motor skills
- Not very durable compared to other baby and toddler plates
- These toddler plates may leave an odor after washing
- Not very sturdy, makes it difficult to transfer food from prep area to table or highchair
These silicone divided toddler plates have been well designed. They’re deep sides make it easier for toddlers to pick up food and don’t slide on surfaces. There divided sections are big enough to provided the right amount of food and don’t let food touch, making it a great plate for a fussy eater.
Children will love eating off these kids’ plates! They are well designed and there deep sides assist children when they are trying to pick up food. They will help reduce the chances for messes. They are also easy to clean.
- Bumkins melamine kids’ plates are easy to clean. Parents have the option of hand washing this kids’ dish or placing it in the top rack of the dishwasher for cleaning
- These kids’ melamine plates have been designed to be BPA free
- The portion sizes of this kids’ divided plate make this plate ideal for children who don’t like their foods touching
- These kids’ melamine plates do not stain and are sturdy enough to handle hot foods
- Parents’ reviews have stated that these are great toddler plates because they assist in making eating more enjoyable and easier with the option of serving a meal on a fun kids’ plate
- Over time these kids’ melamine plates may crack or break after several uses
- Small compared to other kids’ plates
- Slides around, making it difficult for children to hold and grab food
Bumkins creates and manufactures some great products for kids and this kids divided plate is no exception. For fussy children who like having their food separated this provides a great solution. The melamine is durable and won’t scratch. Parents also love that they can put these plates in the dishwasher, but it is recommended that they only go in the top rack. The only downside to these plates is they can’t go in the microwave.
These kids’ melamine plates are fun and functional. There is no doubt that children will love eating all their meals off these bright and colorful plates. Plus parents will be happy with the quality and durability of the plates.
- The plate ring on this kids’ dinner plate can assist children when they are learning to self-feed, the ring can be removed when no longer needed
- This kids’ plate is phthalate, PVC and BPA free
- This kids’ plastic plate is top rack dishwasher safe
- The OXO kids’ plate is different from many others because not only does it include an non-slip bottom but it is also weighted which helps keep the plate from moving around and on the table when children are trying to grab food
- Hard to clean this kids’ plate when training ring is on
- Training ring can be difficult to remove
- Ring needs to be removed before microwaving, will create sparks in the microwave
This kids’ plate is a great tool for teaching children self-feeding. They are easy to fit in a purse or diaper bag to bring along when eating out. The weighted grip bottom helps prevent the plate from sliding around. It also does a good job at preventing food from ending up on the table or floor.
These are another great alternative to other brand name kids’ plates. They are great quality and useful for teaching children self-feeding. This kids’ dinner plate very durable and easy to clean. The curved edge of this plate makes it easier for children to scoop up food with a utensil.
- Bumkins suction cup plates for toddlers is PVC, vinyl, BPA, lead and Phthalate free
- This toddler and kids divided plates are made with durable food grade silicone and are stain resistant and can’t absorb any bacteria
- This suction cup plate fits most highchairs and sits close enough to the child to help minimize or prevent messes
- The silicone that is used to manufacture this toddler and kids divided plate is heat resistant and can be safely placed in the microwave or oven when needed
- The plate’s suction may start to deteriorate after constant use making it easy for children to move it around and increase spilling or dropping the plate and food
- Needs to be washed thoroughly, can leave a food odor and soap residue, resulting in food tasting soapy
- Bumkins suction cup plates for toddlers cannot be neatly stacked when stored
These suction plates for toddlers are great to use but there are other brands that are better. They do serve their purpose but some improvements need to be made to them. For example, the biggest concern that many reviews have stated is that food can have a soapy taste. It is recommended that parents thoroughly wash and make sure there isn’t any soap residue on the plates after washing.
Parents will be happy when they add this suction cup plate to their collection of kids’ plates. The suction cups used on this plate are strong and make it so this kids’ divided plate will not move while children are trying to scoop up food. The divided sections are a good size and can hold a variety of food kids enjoy!
- This placemat and toddler plate combination encourages and is a great learning tool for parents to use when children are ready to start self-feeding. It also will assist in developing children’s fine motor skills
- This 2-in-1 toddler and kids plate has been manufactured with lab tested food grade silicone that is BPA, PVC, BPS, latex, lead and phthalate free
- This is an ideal baby plate to use when children reach 4 months+
- Made from material that will not wear or fade and will can be passed down from child to child
- This silicone baby plate, toddler and kids’ plate is hypoallergenic. It also prevents mold or bacteria from growing
- This baby, toddler and kids’ plate is expensive and small compared to other brands
- Thinner than other silicone feeding products
- Suction on this kids’ plate doesn’t stick very well to surfaces
It is recommended that this product be used under adult supervision. Throw away at the first signs of damage or weakness.
Not only is this kids’ plate functional but it’s also really cute! It’s great to bring with when travelling. It is a great alternative for parents who are looking for something different! With this baby, toddler and kids’ plate parents will no longer need to worry about their children tipping over bowls or throwing plates!
- These Boon toddler and kids’ divided plates are available in 3 different colors
- These kids’ dishes have been made out of materials that are BPA, phthalate and PVC free
- This kids’ plates have been designed to have a modern and unique shape that parents and children will enjoy using. It is also easy for children to carry these toddler and kids’ plates independently
- Parents do not need to worry about hand washing these toddler and kids’ divided plates, they are dishwasher safe (top rack only)
- Sections do not hold a lot of food
- Not microwave safe
- Non skid rubber may begin to wear or come off
For this kids’ plate, Boon recommends that parents wash the plate before its first use. This plate is dishwasher safe but top rack only. It can also be hand washed in warm soapy water. Do not microwave, boil or sterilize.
Children will enjoy eating their meals out of these colorful Boon kids’ plates. Though the sections are smaller than other brands they are helpful for portion control. They can also assist in making sure each meal contains different food groups.
The Bottom Line
Mealtime can be an adventure and a little bit stressful with little ones. Kids’ plates are able to make mealtime more enjoyable for everyone! They can assist parents in introducing new foods to their children and what child doesn’t want to eat a meal off a dish that has cool patterns and colors! Some of the best kids’ plates can not only encourage children to try new foods and food textures but they can also provide fine motor benefits, such as teaching children how to reach and grab the food off their plate!
The following kids’ plates have been selected as our top picks! Our number one is Kiddiebites Flexible kids’ divided plate. Parents will be happy knowing that their child or children are eating off a plate that is produced from 100% silicone and are also durable and long lasting. They are also microwave and dishwasher safe. Parents will appreciate that this toddler and kids’ divided plate is ideal for teaching their children how to use a spoon and fork. Our number two choice is the OXO Tot plate. This kids’ dinner plate is a great tool for parents to use when they are teaching their child or children to self-feed. This plate can grow with children because it includes a training ring that can be removed when children have mastered the task of feeding themselves. Our final choice goes to the Qshare plate for babies, toddlers and kids. With this kids’ plate, children will be able to feed themselves with or without utensils. This plate can also be positioned to sit in the ideal spot, which will make it easy for children to reach.
Now that you have read our 10 best kids’ plates review and our three suggestions, we trust you’ll have no problem and won’t be overwhelmed when you pick out a few of the best kids’ plates for your little ones!