10 Best Jogging Strollers Reviews
10 Best Jogging Strollers Reviews
Parents nowadays take their babies everywhere, and going on a jog is not any different. What better way to kill to two birds with one stone than taking your baby on a safe and relaxing ride while you sweat it out than by taking your baby with you in a jogging stroller.
Why should I take my baby on a jogging stroller when I can just use a regular stroller, you ask? Well, jogging strollers are built to reduce to shock that your baby can experience as you jog over uneven terrain. It’s basic features – the big rubber tires, suspension systems as well as a fixed ( or fixed swerving) front wheel and the long distance between the front and the back wheel are all designed to make sure that your baby is protected while you run.
At this point, it might be worth mentioning that experts recommend to wait until your little one has developed neck strength before taking him (or her) on a run on the jogging stroller. This is generally when your baby is around six to eight months old. We’re sure all the amazing parents know this, but, we’re just putting it out there to be sure.
So, now that your interest in piqued, and you are psyched about getting your first jogging stroller, what are the things that you should look for in one? We has scoured the internet and combed thru consumer reports , NHTSA ease of use ratings, and analyzed customer reviews from fellow parents like you come up with an honest review of the best jogging strollers out there for you.
Best Jogging Strollers At A Glance
Before we get into a detailed discussion on the different kinds of jogging strollers, below is a brief overview of the strollers that we think you might want to take a quick look at.
BOB 2016 Revolution FLEX Jogging Stroller
- This Bob Stroller features a swiveling locking front wheel that swivels to maneuver light turns, or locks forward when jogging on rough terrain
- It has an adjustable padded handlebar which can adjust to 9 positions making it very versatile for parents of all heights
- It has an adjustable suspension system that offers 3 inches of travel and 2 stages of weight support
- It can be paired with BOB B-Safe 35 Infant Car Seat by Britax so it can be transformed into a travel system
- It can be a bit troublesome to carry if you are a petite person, and it doesn’t fit inside the trunk of a small car
- A bit of a splurge at with prices starting at $400
The brakes release and lock with just a tap of your foot. There’s no need to adjust the each of the wheels individually
This stroller is a good buy if you are an avid runner. With its good suspension, you can easily run on any terrain that while ensuring that your little one still has a smooth ride.
Graco Fastaction Fold Jogger Click Connect Stroller
- This Graco jogging stroller features an extra-large canopy that protects your little one from the sun when you are running
- It comes with an accessory tray that boasts of the following: smartphone cradle, a large storage basket and two cup holders
- This stroller can be folded in one second using only one hand
- It’s seat reclines and has a convertible 3 or 5 point harness to secure your child
- It is compatible with all Graco click connect car seat which connects to the stroller in one click
- The stroller is a little heavy and folds up big. It might not fit into the trunk of a small car
- The wheels provide little suspension, and does not work well on very rough terrain
This Graco jogging stroller comes in three colors, and the price goes up or down depending on the color that you choose
This stroller might be a good fit if you are a light runner and likes to run on even ground. The price is pocket friendly and can be a good match if you are looking for a mid-range cross over stroller.
Schwinn Turismo Swivel Single Jogger
- This is a jogging stroller with speakers. In addition to a a built-in MP3 speaker, it also has a pivoting molded child tray with two cup holders plus an under seat basket
- It has exposed spring suspension that promises to deliver a smooth ride no matter what terrain you choose to run in
- Its rubberized handlebars feature a Krayton grip and is adjustable
- It’s car seat adapter is compatible with several brands such as (but not limited to) Safety 1st, Cosco and Eddie Bauer
- The front wheel has some challenges and works better when it’s in locked mode rather than in the swivel mode
- If your baby is on the tall side, there might be some challenges to make the harness fit
The seat reclines via the pull strap lock/release lever found on the back. The seat reclines almost flat ensuring that your little one is comfortable if he falls asleep while you are running.
This mid-range stroller may be a good fit if you are a light runner. The price is economical and the fact that its car seat adaptor is compatible with a lot of brands is another win for your pocket.
Thule Urban Glide - Double Jogging Stroller
- Its brakes are hand and foot activated for maximum control especially when running on steeped terrains
- It features a padded, ergonomic, and adjustable handlebar so runners of all heights can use it
- It has rear suspensions so that your little one can enjoy a smooth and enjoyable ride no matter which ground you choose to run on
- It folds up using one hand for easy storage and transporting
- It comes with a large, waterproof and zippered storage compartment as well as a magnetic peek-a-boo window on the cover so that you can check on your child anytime
- This stroller is a bit of a splurge. Be prepared to shell out anywhere between $400 – $600 for this one
- This double jogging stroller needs two hands to steer and may be a bit of a challenge for taller children
The wheels can be removed easily – perfect if you need to fit it in a trunk of a smaller car
This high end double jogging stroller can be a good fit if you want to take multiple children with you on a run. If you are an avid runner, this may be a good match for you.
Chicco TRE Performance Jogging Stroller
- It features a hand activated parking and deceleration brakes for better speed control
- It’s fabric is water repellant and can be cleaned just by wiping
- The handlebars are height adjustable up to four positions
- The seat can be reclined with one hand and into five positions
- The arm bar can be removed so that you can attach a Chicco Keyfit Infant car seat for babies
- This stroller is hard to repair when it breaks, so it might be a good idea to look into getting an extended warranty
- It’s a little big folded up, so it can be a challenge to get it into the trunk of a smaller vehicle
The unique Flex Core suspension can be activated using your foot
This mid-range stroller can be a good fit for people who run a lot and want a lot of control on the stroller while they jog. All the controls for brakes, acceleration, and parking are located on or near the handlebars, making it easy to access for maximum control.
Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger, Elixer
- It has a multi position reclining seats, so your little one can stay comfortable during the ride
- Its accessories include a parent tray which has 2 cup holders, and an MP3 speaker that’s compatible with most phones
- It has a large storage basket
- It has a five-point safety harness so your little ones are secured at all times
- Easy to assemble, fold, and maneuver
- It does not have adjustable handlebars
- You can’t attach a cart seat into it
Each of the seats recline individually, so each child can be reclined to their favorite position
This stroller can be a great fit for you if you are a light runner, have two children that you want to take with you and is on the lookout for something economical. This stroller has the basic features to get you through, and for a price that’s only in the 100’s, it is something definitely worth looking into.
BOB 2016 Ironman Jogging Stroller
- This stroller is built for speed with its 16 inch, semi-slick, air filled tires mounted on lightweight aluminum alloy wheels
- It has a hand activated front caliper brake for maximum control especially when jogging downhill
- Its handlebars are padded and can be adjusted to 9 positions, making it a perfect fit for runners of all heights
- It can accommodate car seats such as the BOB B-Safe 35 by Britax with an adapter so you can take your little one on a ride sooner
- Its suspension system offers 3 inches of travel and 2 stages of weight support, creating a smooth ride for your little one
- It requires a little bit of putting together
- Accessories such as a parent tray are not included
It’s a very compact stroller, and when folded up it can fit into a trunk of a mid-size car like a Toyota Corolla even without removing the front wheel.
If you are an outdoorsy person who loves to run, then this may be the stroller that you are looking for. Its durable frame will surely last you for a long time, and its padded chair can give your little one a comfortable ride. Its features are built with speed and safety in mind, so you can conquer any terrain you want.
Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Stroller
- It converts to a travel system by locking compatible car seats such as the Baby Trend, Flec Loc or Inertia car seats to the child tray
- It comes with accessories such as two cup holders and a covered storage compartment
- It features a fully adjustable 5 point harness, a ratcheting canopy and a peek a boo window on the canopy so you can keep an eye on your little one
- Its padded seat can recline into multi positions
- It is the cheapest jogging stroller in the market at a price starting at $80
- The tires always have a tendency to deflate and not very stable
- The handlebars are not adjustable
This stroller has footrest reflectors which can provide greater low light visibility
For the price of less than $100, this low-cost jogging stroller may be a good fit for people who are light joggers and love to run on pavement. For its price, it does include a fairly good amount of features and is convertible to a travel system. And, while you might not be running marathons with this, it may be something you want to look at if you are in the market for a cheap jogging stroller.
Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller
- It features a 12-inch swivel front wheel and a 16-inch rear wheels that have a one-step linked parking brake
- It has built in accessories which includes a removable parent organizer which can hold two beverages, an oversized canopy, and mesh pockets located on the seat to store snacks
- It is convertible to a travel system with a purchase of a car seat adapter which is compatible with most major car seat brands
- This jogging stroller folds easily and has an auto lock feature. The wheels can be released easily as well – perfect if you have to transport or store it
- It has a straight rear axle which puts in in par with high-end jogging strollers
- It’s easy to fold, but it is a bit of a challenge to open it
- The handlebar is not adjustable
The stroller comes with an air pump, so you can pump air into the tires anytime, anywhere.
The Joovy ZOOM Jogging stroller comes at a price that’s friendly on the pocket, and can be a good match for people who love to run. Although it doesn’t have an adjustable handlebar or a handbrake, it does have most of the features of a high- end jogging stroller – big tires, suspension, swivel lock front tires and foot brakes.
Bumbleride Speed Jogging Stroller
- It is the only stroller than offers speed 3 steering – full lock for running, partial 30-degree swivel for running and a 360-degree swivel for everyday use
- Its accessories include an air-pump, foldable bumper bar and bell
- It can convert into a travel system and is compatible with several car seat brands – Maxi Cosi 30, Maxi Cosi Mico AP, Cybex Aton, Cybex Aton 2 and Nuna Pipa
- It has a one-step fold and lock system standing stow
- It’s a light jogging stroller that only weighs 24 pounds
- The canopy bunches when retracted, reducing headroom
- It’s a bit of splurge and doesn’t come with accessories except for the basket
This stroller comes with a pump, and the fabric is made from 100% recycled plastic bottles.
This high end stroller is a bit of a splurge, but can be worth every penny if you are a regular runner. In addition to the well-built frame, it uses fabrics that are made from 100% recycled materials and comes with a 3-year warranty on its frame, and a lifetime customer service should you need advice every now and then.
The Bottom Line
When it comes to choosing a jogging stroller, we cannot stop itinerating that it might be a very good idea to take a good hard look at how often you want to run. This way, you can decide if you want a dedicated jogging stroller or a cross over stroller that can be used in jogging and other everyday activities.
If you are an outdoorsy person and run regularly, the BOB 2016 Jogging Stroller is something that you want to look at. As the official stroller of the Ironman triathlon, it doesn’t fail to deliver. With fixed front wheel for increased stability, lightweight aluminum wheels, adjustable handlebars as well as its state of the art suspension system means that you can push yourself to the limit while ensuring a smooth stable ride for your little one.
For light runners, then, you might want to consider looking at the Schwin Turismo Single Stroller. It has a good suspension system which ensures a smooth ride for your little one as well as a good number of accessories which includes a large basket, a pivoting child tray, 2 cup holders and an MP3 player. The price is friendly on the pocket, and the fact that it’s compatible with a number for car seats is a welcome added bonus.
We hope that after you’ve read the article, we’ve opened up your options on the different kinds of jogging strollers out there in the market, and, hopefully have helped you narrow down your choices for the best jogging stroller for your needs. Happy running!