10 Best Dollhouses Reviews
10 Best Dollhouses Reviews
Dollhouses come in so many different shapes, sizes, colours, and layouts. How do you pick the right dollhouse for your kids?
Of course, the most important thing to remember is t all the best dollhouses are safe for your kids. Each dollhouse included in this article is made with safe materials and are carefully constructed so you can rest easy knowing that your child is playing safely. However, always remember to follow the age guidelines for each dollhouse! Some dollhouses have smaller parts because they are meant for older children, and therefore might be dangerous for babies.
In this article, we’ve done our best to hatinclude a variety of dollhouses to show you what’s out there. From plastic dollhouses to boys’ dollhouses to large dolls houses, we are confident that there is at least one dollhouse here that your child is guaranteed to love. You might even love to play with it yourself!
Each of these dollhouses also vary by price and by age. Some of you may be hoping to find one dollhouse that will be great for your babies that they will continue to love into toddlerhood, while others are willing to spend the extra money to buy a new one for your older child. No matter what your needs or your budget are, we have tried to include a little something for everyone in this dollhouse review article.
Best Dollhouses At A Glance
Before we look at the specifics of each dollhouse in this article, check out this comparison table that gives you the details of each one side-by-side. Whether or not you already know what you’re looking for, comparing these details directly can help you see what certain dollhouse models have to offer that others may not.
- Big enough to fit Barbie dolls
- Very durable and sturdy
- Several children can play with it at once
- Comes with furniture
- Screws are colour-coded to simplify assembly
- Takes a long time to put together
- Some people’s orders came with broken or missing pieces
Organize all the pieces before you begin building so you don’t get overwhelmed.
The KidKraft Majestic Mansion dollhouse is a great deal for such a large and well-built product. Just make sure you set aside lots of time to build it!
- Great first dollhouse for young toddlers
- Easy to assemble
- Very durable
- Easy to move and store when not in use
- Does not come with as many accessories as some other dollhouses
- It’s small and the dolls aren’t proportionate
If you want more furniture for the house than it comes with, you can purchase other pieces separately from Fisher-Price that should fit inside wonderfully.
If you’re looking for a small and simple first dollhouse for your toddler, this Fisher-Price dollhouse is a great buy!
- Parts are labelled to simplify assembly
- Large enough to fit Barbie dolls
- Detailed walls and furniture
- Can attach it to the wall so it won’t get knocked over
- Some buyers received warped or missing pieces
- Takes around 2 hours to assemble
Separate your screws and the other parts before you begin building to make it simpler.
Although time consuming to build, the KidKraft Savannah Dollhouse will provide your child with hours of entertainment for years to come!
- Many furniture pieces can be “flipped” to show a different image (e.g., empty fridge can flip to full fridge)
- All furniture fits inside the house for storage
- Very durable in case your little one likes to play a bit rough
- Pieces are all easy for little hands to play with
- There is no latch to hold the dollhouse closed when folded
- Dolls do not fit on the furniture very well
Add another bundle to get the Peppa Pig car and camper van for even more Peppa Pig fun.
Any Peppa Pig fan will absolutely love this mini dollhouse!
- Easy to set up and take down
- Lightweight and foldable for easy storage and portability
- Detailed 2D paintings on the walls foster imaginative play
- Although a bit flimsy, it is still very durable and can withstand extended use
- Does not come with any furniture, dolls, or accessories
- Quite flimsy since it is made of cardboard and fabric
Move all your Barbie furniture into this modern dollhouse, because it fits perfectly!
The Calego Modern Doll House is beautiful, fun, and durable, and you can’t find a better price for such a large dollhouse.
- Comes with 50 pieces of furniture and accessories and 2 poseable dolls
- Furniture and structure is very sturdy
- You can separate the rooms so children can either play together or separately
- Pieces are labelled with stickers to help simplify assembly
- Instructions are not very clear so it can be difficult to assemble
- Screw holes can become worn down after a while
Divide all the different parts by type and size before you begin building—it will make the process much easier!
For some children, manipulating all that furniture and building the house can be overwhelming. However, if your kid loves to be extra creative in his or her play, then this Maxim dollhouse is an excellent option!
- Very sturdy structure
- Cute furniture and colours for boys and girls
- Open concept makes the rooms easy to access from any side
- Furniture is very well-constructed and durable
- Some buyers received their house with missing or broken pieces
- Only has 2 staircases when you need 3 to access each room during imaginative play
The roof can be switched between summer and winter, depending on the season your child wants to explore during their play.
If you’re looking for fun doll house play in an open-concept and gender-neutral toy, this Hape All Seasons Wooden dollhouse is an excellent option.
- Folds closed so you can carry it around and store it easily
- Lots of doors and other interactive components to play with
- Real world sounds and lights when interacting with certain parts (e.g., light turns on when you open the fridge)
- Durable house, furniture, and dolls
- You need to screw the two pieces together when you receive the house, and some buyers received either screws that did not work or no screws at all
- Most of the furniture pieces are stuck in place so you can’t rearrange the house
Play peek-a-boo with the kitten by sliding the bird back and forth!
This cute toddler dollhouse is filled with hours of fun, excitement, and learning. A great purchase for any little toddler who doesn’t mind some pink!
- Beautiful, detailed painting to decorate the outside of the castle
- A drawbridge to open and close during play
- Folds into a box for easy storage
- Easy to assemble
- The glue that holds the pieces together is not very strong so they could come apart
- The openings are quite small and may be difficult to play in
Smaller dolls, animals, and figures (around 3”) make for the easiest and most fun play in this dollhouse.
Although this castle is not as sturdy as other Melissa and Doug dollhouses, the unique design and beautiful structure of this foldable castle will surely be tons of fun for your little prince or princess.
- Accessories and furniture are detailed and realistic
- Folds up for easy storage
- Sturdy construction
- Rooms and exterior are all decorated with great detail
- Somewhat difficult and time consuming to put together
- The dolls that come with it don’t fit perfectly in the furniture or the vehicles
The heads of the screws are coloured to match the spot they need to go in.
For boys and girls who don’t enjoy playing with traditional dollhouses, this is a great alternative that teaches them about some of our incredible everyday heroes while leaving tons to the imagination!
The Bottom Line
With so many different features in each dollhouse on the market, it can be pretty daunting to figure out which will be the perfect one for your child. Whether you want a big doll house or a mini dollhouse, there’s something in this review that will meet your needs.
Whether your toddler or child loves babies, pink, building, or police officers, at least one of these dollhouses will be your little one’s new favourite toy.
For your own preference, you have a variety of materials to choose from as well, from wooden, canvas, or a plastic dollhouse. You can also feel safe knowing that each of these dollhouses was built with care and your little one’s safety in mind. Each dollhouse toy has a specific age range in mind, but some of them will still be great for your kids for years to come.
We know that no matter which dollhouse you pick to add to your child’s collection of toys, both of you will be incredibly happy with your purchase!