10 Best Cloth Baby Diapers Reviews
10 Best Cloth Baby Diapers Reviews
Hello mommies and daddies! Welcome to the world of cloth diapers!
Internet has definitely made information gathering very convenient for us parents. Or has it made it more confusing? Because we are sure you have come across the Great Diaper Debate- cloth diapers or disposable diapers? We will not get into that debate. We decided to focus on what many parents prefer today.
More and more parents are becoming environmentally aware and are demanding biodegradable, cruelty free and eco-friendly products for their babies. According to Transparency Market Research, baby care market has witnessed a growing trend where parents prefer organic, eco-friendly baby products, which pose no threat to baby’s health. A 2017 Organic Trade Association survey revealed that Millennial parents (18-35) are biggest group of organic buyers in America. Keeping these attitudes and preferences of all of us new parents in mind, we decided to review 10 best cloth diapers.
So, how do cloth diapers work? What are their advantages? There are numerous benefits of cloth diapers. They are a more natural way of diapering. They generally do not cause diaper rashes. It is easy to start potty training with cloth diapers. Kids start noticing wet diapers and the inconvenience caused by it, wanting to get out of it soon. According to the consumer report, you can expect to spend $2500 or more on disposable diapers by the time your little one is potty trained. Eco-friendly, biodegradable diapers will cost you $1000 more, base d on diaper changes and brands you use. You can save hundreds of dollars with cloth diapers, as they are reusable, especially if you wash them yourselves. Amount of laundry can be a bit overwhelming, but parents felt comfortable with it once they got used to it.
Diapering is not as it was a few decades ago may be at the time of our moms or grand moms. There are so many options available today, with focus on convenience and ease of use, choosing right reusable diapers for your little one can seem a bit overwhelming. We have listed different types of baby cloth diapers below and their utilities. This might give you a better idea of the functionality of each cloth diaper. You can then choose one that suits your needs the best!
All in One cloth diapers
The diaper is sewn to the outer waterproof cover. All in one cloth diapers, or aio cloth diapers as they are called, are convenient for quick changes and are good as overnight cloth diapers as well. They are bulky, so they might take a little while to dry.
Fitted or Contour cloth diapers
They are more like disposable diapers with narrow crotch and wide wings to wrap around your baby’s waist. However, you have to keep buying these diapers as your baby grows.
Pocket diapers consist of a waterproof covering that includes a pocket. You insert a folded diaper or a disposable or washable liner.
Pre folded cloth diapers
Some parents find these cloth diapers easy to use. You need to fold them a couple of times to fit inside a diaper cover. They are versatile, can be folded to accommodate absorption needs of your babies. You need to buy different sized diapers as your baby grows.
Unfolded cloth diapers
These reusable diapers are flat fabrics that you fold to fit your baby’s shape and hold them in place with diaper pins. You need to buy more diapers as the baby grows.
Before we get into a detailed discussion on the different kinds of cloth diapers, below is a brief overview of the wraps that we think you might want to take a quick look at. We have read through numerous cloth diaper reviews to come up with this list of best cloth diapers.
Best Cloth Baby Diapers At A Glance
Before we get into the specific details of all the cloth baby diapers, here’s a comparison chart that outlines the different features of each one. The chart makes it easy for you to find specific features you want in a diaper and pinpoint the one that suits your needs best.
Alvababy Pocket Diapers
- Hip snaps and crossover snaps prevent “wing droop”
- Comfortable elastic legging area prevent leaking
- No staining issues
- Adorable designs and easy to use
- Many parents thought that the alva cloth diaper fit was a bit uncomfortable
If you have leak while the baby is asleep, try adding another insert.
Alvababy cloth diapers are cute, have great quality and are very budget friendly.
Mama Koala Cloth Diapers
- Ultra-absorbent. These cloth diapers have 6 one size 3 layer microfiber inserts that keep the baby’s delicate skin dry
- Lightweight and a trim fit
- They fit a newborn well and can be adjusted as the baby grows
- Bright, bold and beautiful patterns and colors
- Some customers noticed that the diapers leak
Before you use these cloth diapers for the first time, ensure that you wash them twice or thrice. Otherwise they may not absorb well and you might experience leakages.
If you are looking for great looking, soft and really good quality diapers on a budget, this cloth diaper brand is for you!
Babygoal Cloth Diapers
- They are waterproof and breathable
- Inner suede cloth allows liquid to pass right through into inner absorbent layers of the insert
- 3 layer ultra-absorbent microfiber insert
- Some customers found the inserts not so effective in stopping the leaks
If the baby is heavy wetter, use bamboo inserts. They are more absorbent and flexible. Microfiber works well if the baby is not a heavy wetter.
Babygoal cloth diapers are one of our favourites. These diapers are the perfect example of when durability meets style. With such cute design you just can’t go wrong!
Flip Hybrid Cloth Diaper
- Patent pending comfy butterfly closure, a feature that is unique to cloth diapers made by Cotton Babies, with durable snap closures help keep diapers on older babies.
- Patent pending 3×3 adjustable snap system to fit most babies from birth to potty training
- Form fitting elastic to prevent leaks
- Great fit and look
- Dark color diapers need to be washed 6 times separately.
- Some customers had issues with the elastic around the leg.
Make sure no part of insert pokes out the leg hole as it might create a leak. Also, always have the microfiber side down as it can develop a rash.
Flip hybrid cloth diapers wash well, comfortable and look very cute! Totally recommended.
LBB cloth diapers
- Besides microfibers, they also have bamboo fiber (4 layers) and bamboo charcoal (5 layers) inserts for you to choose
- The multi-stage adjustable snaps, easily regulate different sizes to fit a small (8-15 lbs), medium (12-25 lbs), or large (20-35 lbs) baby
- The elastic design of waist and legs can prevent side leakage of urine and the friction of the baby’s legs.
- Some people had issues with the size that led to leaks
Microfiber inserts need to be washed at least 6 times or more to increase absorbance. It is recommended that you wash other inserts several times as well for the same reason.
These are high quality, super soft cloth diapers and inserts and are totally great even for heavy pees.
OsoCozy Cloth Diapers
- Made of sustainable, renewable, pure, 100% unbleached Indian cotton in a lint-free thick gauze weave, for superior softness and strength
- OsoCozy Prefolds Unbleached cloth diapers are Diaper Service Quality (DSQ), letting you give the best, quality care to your little one
- Very soft and comfortable
- Size of this cloth diaper was an issue with many parents.
These cloth diapers tend to shrink. You might want to order a little bigger size
Wash and dry these unbleached diapers 2-3 times prior to use to remove natural cotton oils and ensure optimal feel and absorbency
This reusable diaper is totally recommended for parents looking for soft, high quality pre folded diapers.
Charlie Banana Cloth Diapers
- “2-in-1” reusable diaper system that is made PUL (polyurethane laminate) outer waterproof layer, and an incredibly soft microfleece stay-dry inner layer
- Two thick microfiber inserts- one for day and one for night
- Smart front panel that gives you the option of tucking in a disposable pad for those special occasions or using reusable inserts
- High CPSIA standard certification
- Some parents encountered leakage issues with this diaper
Do not wash or dry these newborn cloth diapers in high heat. Also, you can use baking soda instead of diaper soap to maintain the softness and quality of these cloth diapers.
Super soft, high quality reusable diapers that many parents believe are worth the amount and the recommendation.
- Fitted cloth diaper with snaps available in 5 sizes for a correct, trim fit
- Gentle elastic for great containment and snap closures for easy use
- Flap style doubler inside for extra absorbency attached in back for easy washing
- No special laundry detergent is needed
- Some customers had issues with the fit
Wash them really well more than just twice or thrice.
These eco cloth diapers are very soft, snug and easy to use cloth diapers are recommended!
- Patent pending leak-proof outer cover and stretch-to-fit sides for a custom shape and fit
- Easy-to-use snap closures
- Adjustable snap system to fit most babies
- Stay-dry inserts for faster drying
- Some parents found these cloth baby diapers to be too bulky
The bulkiness of this all in one cloth diaper can be taken off through multiple washing. They still retain their softness and ability to absorb.
These cloth diapers have great design, ability to absorb and a micro suede that keeps baby’s skin dry. The price is unbeatable for an All-in-One. Totally recommended.
Humble Bebe Cloth Diapers
- They are made of premium unbleached cotton
- They are preshrunk. So you need only 4 washes to get natural oils off them
- These cloth baby diapers grow with your little one and are not customized to just infants or toddlers
- These cloth diapers can shrink further despite being pre-shrunk
These reusable diapers need to be washed more times than the recommended 4 times for them to start absorbing well.
Humble Bebe cloth diapers offer good value, are thick, heavy and are very absorbant.
Besides the ones that reached our recommendation table, there are some others that you can consider- grovia diapers, kawaii diapers, happy flute diapers, little joey diapers and blueberry cloth diapers.
The Bottom Line
Make an informed decision on what type of cloth diaper would suit the baby but think of your convenience as well. Stock up enough diapers so laundry is not a hassle. Follow washing ‘how-to’ instructions carefully so you avoid leaks or washing nightmares. Let your lifestyle, cost and money be your driving forces to make this decision. We hope that we were able to offer a less confusing perspective and make the right decision through our list of best cloth diapers! Happy diapering!!