Best Changing Tables Reviews
Best Changing Tables Reviews
Nursery changing tables have proven to be a boon for most parents who want a designated changing place for their baby.
Some parents prefer a crib changing table combo that can be used as a baby crib as well as a changing table but most people want a separate toddler changing table to maintain the hygiene of the crib. Modern changing tables are designed to make it easier for you to change your baby even when you have recently got a C-section. They are available in various heights so that you don’t have to bend down repeatedly. The best changing tables have plenty of space to hold your baby’s necessary stuff such as diapers, wipes, rash cream, clothes, etc.
Some parents prefer to do without baby dressing tables. Honestly, crib changing table combos are not something that you must have. You can put a pad or spread a towel on the bed and change your baby on it, but you will have to deal with a lot of hassles such as getting up to get the diaper, the cream, wipes, clothes, etc. You will have to bend down again and again to change your baby, which could leave you in pain, especially if you have undergone C-Section. And, while you arrange all the stuff for changing, someone will have to supervise your baby so that he doesn’t roll over or grab something and put it in his mouth. Yes, such accidents do happen, which is why it is worth investing in a modern changing table that has a well-organized diapering station and a changing pad positioned at a convenient height. The best changing tables do have all the necessary safety features such as elevated side walls and straps to prevent falls.
We hope you are now convinced about buying a toddler changing table. In this blog, we will brief you about the ten best changing tables that you could consider to make your diapering duty easier and hassle-free.
Best Changing Tables At A Glance
Before we look into the best baby changing tables in detail, let’s have a look at the features and specifications that make them worthy of being included in our list.
Since it is JPMA certified and adheres to all the safety standards set by CPSC & ASTM, it is definitely one of the best changing tables and, therefore, it deserves to be at the top of our list.
- It is a JPMA certified nursery changing table.
- It meets or exceeds all the relevant government and ASTM standards.
- Tested for lead and other toxic elements.
- Features a sturdy wooden construction with wheels for portability.
- Comes with its own changing pad.
- Has two open shelves for storage.
- Assembling it would require some time.
- The wheels may not move properly on carpeted floor, which is obvious.
This modern changing table comes with some of the changing table accessories such as changing pad and safety straps to make your work much easier and safer. It is not an ordinary piece of baby furniture. The manufacturer has made the effort of getting it approved by JPMA, which is why it is totally worth its price.
Just like the other best changing tables by Delta Children, this one too has been tested for lead and other harmful chemicals and has been found to be strictly as per the relevant ASTM safety standards.
- This inexpensive changing table storage comes with a water-resistant pad with safety straps.
- Made of solid wood and has two open shelves for storage.
- Has safety rails on its sides.
- Easy to assemble. All tools for assembly are included in the kit.
- Made in the USA.
- Meets all the necessary ASTM safety standards.
- The changing pad is thin. If you want, you can buy another one to replace it.
- If your height is more than 6’, you may have to bend over slightly to use it.
This modern changing table has everything that you would need to keep your baby safe while doing your diaper duty. The water-resistant changing pad will make your cleanup work further easier. It doesn’t have wheels, so it is perfect for parents who want to keep it in one place.
It complies with ASTM and EN standards and can hold a baby weighing less than 50 pounds or 3.5 years of age, which is pretty good. It is made of polypropylene and unibody steel chassis and gas spring mechanism for easy fold and open. Child protection straps and bag hooks are included with this folding baby changing table.
- Meant for small homes and apartments where standard nursery changing tables cannot be accommodated.
- This folding baby changing table is ASTM and EN compliant. Meets ADA requirements too.
- Supports up to 200 pounds of weight.
- Has safety straps and bag hooks.
- The bed surface of this folding baby changing table is coated with Microban antimicrobial which reduces the odor-causing bacteria.
- There are two liner dispenser cavities for your convenience.
- You would require professional help to install this folding baby changing table.
- The buckle could rust over the years if it comes in contact with water.
As mentioned, buy this only if you don’t have enough space for the standard sized baby dressing table. At least, it is better than changing on the bed where you will have to bend down over and over again. You can install it in the nursery at a convenient height and use the hook to hang the diaper bag.
There are safety rails on all sides at the top of the table to prevent falls. The safety straps too are extremely helpful for keeping your wiggly little one in place. There are two open shelves where you can store your baby’s changing stuff. It comes with a water-resistant pad.
- This changing table storage adheres to ASTM safety standards.
- It is made of solid wood and has safety railings on all its sides at the top.
- A water-resistant changing pad with safety straps is included with this baby dressing table.
- Free of lead and other harmful chemicals.
- Has a very classy design and is available in 5 different finishes.
- Comes with all the necessary tools for assembly.
- The changing pad that comes with this compact changing table is thin. So, you may have to buy an additional one.
- You may have to air it out for a few days to get rid of the paint smell.
The classic design of this toddler changing table with plenty of space to organize your baby’s stuff make it totally worth its price. When your baby has outgrown it, you can easily convert it into a vanity by adding a hanging mirror on it. Or maybe you attach storage bins to it and use it as a toy organizer.
A water-resistant changing pad with safety straps is included in the kit. Like all other Dream On Me products, this changing table storage one too adheres to all relevant safety guidelines by CPSC and ASTM.
- Rated as one of the best baby changing tables, this one has a fully enclosed changing area with safety rails on the sides.
- Comes with a water-resistant changing pad with a safety strap.
- The changing pad and other changing table accessories that come with it are made of high-quality material.
- The changing pad is contoured on both sides i.e. both the surfaces of it can be used for changing.
- It is made of antibacterial, hypo-allergenic materials.
- Made in the USA.
- The mattress is contoured on both sides, but it is thin as compared to what other best changing tables listed here have.
- The color shown in the pictures may vary slightly from the color you receive.
Being certified by ASTM and CPSC and tested for lead and other toxic elements, this is definitely one of the best baby changing tables. Although it is expensive as compared to the other folding baby changing tables listed here, the safety certifications and quality of the product definitely makes it worthy enough to be added to your nursery.
The changing surface is quite deep for added security. The two shelves below it are perfect for storing or organizing your baby’s stuff such as diapers, ointments, wipes, etc. The elegant design and pretty finish make it a perfect nightstand or toy organizer when your baby has outgrown it.
- It complies with all CPSC and ASTM safety standards, which is why it is counted among the best changing tables.
- Has an extra deep changing surface for your baby’s safety.
- It has two spacious changing table storage areas where you can store all your baby’s stuff so that they are within your reach.
- This baby dressing table comes with a water-resistant changing pad and safety straps.
- Can hold a baby weighing less than 35 lbs.
- Very easy to assemble.
- You may have to air it out for a few hours to get rid of the paint smell.
- The changing pad is thin.
This piece of solid wood nursery changing table is perfect for people who are on diaper duty. The water-resistant pad will make clean-up easy. The depth of the changing surface is definitely better than the other non-folding and folding baby changing tables listed here.
You can buy it with/without the changing table accessories i.e. the changing pad with the safety straps. The minimalist design of this nursery changing table lets you use it as a nightstand or as an organizer once your baby has outgrown it.
- This baby dressing table comes with safety rails on all four sides.
- The height of the safety rails is 5 ½ inch which is deep enough to prevent your baby from falls.
- A 1 inch changing pad also comes with safety straps are the changing table accessories that are included with it.
- Although it is not a folding baby changing table, it is very lightweight and can be shifted from one room to another conveniently.
- It is as per all applicable ASTM and CPSC standards.
- Tested for lead, latex, and phthalates.
- The maximum weight-bearing capacity of the changing surface is 30 lbs which is less than what other best changing tables offer.
- Assembly would require some time.
If you are on a tight budget, you wouldn’t be able to find a better toddler changing table than this one. Although the changing table storage area has a low weight-bearing capacity, it is a great product available at a great price.
The top rail has contrasting wire brushwood panels that give it a unique, elegant look. So, once your baby has outgrown it, you would be able to easily convert it into a nightstand, a toy organizer, or as a piece of elegant decor. It compliments with Hayes 4-in-1 crib but, since it is pure white in color, it can go well with almost all nursery themes.
- It is made of solid pinewood and, therefore, it is a very sturdy toddler changing table.
- It can accommodate a baby weighing less than 50 pounds, which is why it is better than many of the best changing tables whose weight-bearing capacity is around 35 to 40 pounds.
- This modern changing table has safety rails on all its sides.
- There are two spacious shelves that can be used for storage or for holding soft toys.
- Lead and phthalate free. Has non-toxic, child-friendly finish.
- Comes with a 1 year warranty.
- Changing pad is not included with this compact changing table.
- Tall people may feel slight inconvenience. Check the dimensions before ordering.
Since it doesn’t come with its main changing table accessories such as the changing pad, you will have to spend some time buying something that will fit well in it. However, the extra effort is totally worth it, as it is a very inexpensive and yet it is a very sturdy baby dressing table.
It has an open design with two shelves and a drawer to accommodate almost all your baby’s stuff. If you are looking for a crib changing table combo, you can pair it up with Graco convertible crib. Made of solid wood, this compact changing table is designed to last for years, and when your baby has outgrown it, you can use it as a coffee cart or to store books and toys.
- Made of solid pine wood and has non-toxic baby-safe finish.
- Although it is not a folding baby changing table, you can easily move it from one room to another using the four wheels attached to its legs.
- Two wheels have a locking system for safety.
- It comes with 1 inch thick best baby changing table pad.
- Has ample of changing table storage area with two open shelves and a drawer.
- ASTM and JPMA certified baby dressing table.
- Slightly difficult to roll on the carpeted floor.
- Can hold a baby whose weight is less than 30 lbs.
If you are looking for a portable and compact changing table, this is a great product to consider. It is available in 5 colorful finishes to coordinate with other items of your nursery. Since it has wheels, shifting it from one place to another is pretty easy. If you want to make it stationary, try not attaching the wheels. It will still be very stable.
The changing area has safety railings. A changing pad with safety straps is included in this kit for your convenience and your baby’s safety. Once your baby has outgrown it, you can use it in your living room for showcasing your barware and even for displaying your favorite collectibles. What more can you expect from such as inexpensive crib changing table combo!
- JPMA certified modern changing table.
- It has an open changing table storage shelf and a storage bin for accommodating all your baby’s stuff.
- It comes with all important changing table accessories such as a changing pad, safety strap, and buckles.
- It is tested for lead and other toxic materials.
- Has a very strong and woody construction.
- Very easy to assemble.
- The changing pad that comes with this baby dressing table is not contoured.
- The assembly instructions are not very clear but, as mentioned above, it is pretty easy to assemble.
This is a very sturdy piece of baby furniture and is highly recommended for wiggly babies. Since it is manufactured by Delta Children, you can be assured that it is one of the best baby changing tables available at a very affordable price. The storage bin gives you enough space to keep a lot of baby stuff within hand’s reach.
How Tall Should a Changing Table Be?
Usually, standard-sized modern changing table measures 36 inches to 43 inches in height. But, some of the best baby changing tables also come in very low height such as 33 inches and very high height such as 45 inches. But, how tall should a changing table be or what should be the height of an ideal crib changing table combo?
Well, the answer depends on your height i.e. the height of the person who is going to take up the charge of diaper changing. You like it or not, but you will have to change the diapers multiple times a day and, if the height of the baby dressing table is not proportional to your height, you could end up with back pain. So, before ordering your changing table and changing table accessories, make sure you check its height and ensure that you don’t have to bend over or stoop a lot while changing. You should be absolutely comfortable while doing your work and all the changing needs should be stored at your arm’s reach.
Crib Changing Table Combo – Overview
Choosing a perfect nursery changing table can make your life much easier. While selecting the one for your baby, make sure you don’t fall for the vintage-styled or fancy-looking baby dressing tables, as they may not be functionally as efficient as they should be. The best changing tables are designed to make diaper changing easier for you. They should have a very minimalistic design so that you and your baby doesn’t get distracted and you can easily grab whatever you need from its storage area. The best baby changing table should have a flat surface with guardrails surrounding all its four sides. The guardrails should be at least 2 inches in height to prevent your baby from falling. Our list of best baby changing table has products that have open shelves where you can store everything you would need for changing so that you don’t have to even take your eyes off from your baby while looking for things.
A lot of people prefer buying folding baby changing tables, as they occupy a lot less space and they are easy to store and carry. While the compact changing tables are great space savers, many of them are not stable enough to stay in place when your baby wiggles. Therefore, we recommend that you must go with the conventional ones. Please note that the commercial folding baby changing tables installed in the restrooms are quite sturdy and stable but they do not have a proper storage area, which is why they are recommended only for small homes.
The folding baby changing tables are usually made of heavy-duty plastic, which is why they are not very sturdy and stable. This is the reason why our list of the best crib changing table combo only has products that are made of high-quality and wood composite. They can last for years. When your baby has outgrown it, you can use it as a barware holder, bookshelf, or just for displaying your collectibles.
What Criteria We Used In Evaluation Of Best Changing Tables
Do you know that you would probably be changing about 2400 diapers by your baby’s first birthday! Yes, you have quite a lot of work to do and, therefore, we have come up with this list of the best changing tables that are going to make your work a lot easier by providing you with a safe and comfortable place for your diaper duty. Here are some major criteria we used for selecting the best baby changing tables:
We have selected only those changing table and changing table accessories that are absolutely safe for your baby. All of the above selected best changing tables have safety guard rails on their sides. They also come with their own contoured changing pad with safety straps, which help keep your baby at the center even if he tries to wiggle. We haven’t selected any folding baby changing table because most of them have stability issues, which is totally unacceptable. We have, however, listed a few compact changing tables that can easily fit in your small nursery. They often have wheels to make it easier for you to move them from one room to another.
Yes, you would need a lot of space to keep the diapers handy. And you would also need wipes, change clothes, rash creams, lotions, extra padding covers, and a lot more! Diaper duty is not that easy, especially when you have to find and use all these things without taking your eyes away from your baby. That’s why we hate the fancy-looking crib changing table combos that have drawers and closed storage spaces. They will only make your work difficult. The best changing tables are the ones that have a very minimalistic design with open shelves where you can quickly find whatever you need. If you want, you can add storage baskets to them but open is the best.
Most people avoid buying nursery changing table because they won’t be used for long. However, as mentioned above, modern changing tables are a must-have for new parents because no one wants to deal with a sore back when they already have so much in hands to do. This is the reason why we have selected the best changing tables that are very affordable too. They have a classy design and, therefore, when your baby has outgrown it, you can still use it to display your barware, collectibles, soft toys, etc. You can also use these compact changing table as a vanity holder. Their versatility of use makes these crib changing table combos totally worth their price.
Here are some of the most common questions that you may have in mind regarding the best baby changing tables:
A crib changing table combo is not just a piece of furniture where you can lay your baby to change. It is an equipment that helps keep your baby safe when he wiggles during the changing time or when you accidentally bang on it. Baby dressing tables are ought to be stable, sturdy, and safe, which is why we recommend that you must not look for answers to how to make a changing table. Rather, you must buy one even before your baby has arrived. If you are short on budget, you could use the dresser as a changing table by buying a few changing table accessories such as a changing pad.
The answer is simple; everything that you may require during your diaper duty. The list of what to put on changing table includes diapers, wipes, moisturizers, rash creams, hand sanitizers, pacifiers, extra changing pad covers, diaper pail, changing clothes, burp cloths, baby powder, some toys to keep the baby busy while changing, and a lot more. No wonder why the best changing tables we have recommended in this blog have a lot of open storage space.
It is pretty simple. All you need to do is to upgrade it slightly by painting it and then adding a changing pad with safety straps on it. Watch this video for more details on how to convert a dresser into a changing table. Please note that nursery changing tables do have safety rails on all sides for enhanced safety. Your dresser wouldn’t have it so you will have to be more careful while using it.
As mentioned above, the changing table is basically a battleground for new parents who have to conquer their diaper duty by safely handling your little one who wouldn’t let you interfere in his business. The well-designed, spacious modern changing tables listed in this blog will make your work safer and less messy. We hope these products suit your needs well. For more such helpful information on baby products, keep reading our blog.