10 Best Bottle Sterilizers Reviews
10 Best Bottle Sterilizers Reviews
Any parent who uses baby bottles knows how important proper bottle sterilization is. If you are one of those parent using bottles for your baby you understand how much time and effort it takes to make sure every bottle is sparkly clean, germ-free and ready to go!
A bottle sterilizer is a must have if you’re a busy parent! No doubt you don’t have extra time in the day to clean and sterilize bottles. Finding and purchasing the right baby bottle sterilizer will not only make the job easier, quicker and less stressful; it will also help stop any potentially harmful bacteria from affecting your baby and give a safe and clean bottle at every feeding time!
Learning about and choosing the right bottle sterilizer can be a difficult and confusing task. You have to decide if you want an electric bottle sterilizer or a microwave bottle sterilizer. Then there are so many brands of baby bottle sterilizers to choose from! To help in choosing the best bottle sterilizer that will fit your needs, we have compiled a list of them for you to choose from. We know you want to keep your baby safe and protected from any harsh chemicals. The only baby bottle sterilizers you’ll find in this review are those that will thoroughly sterilize and dry your baby’s bottles and meet or exceed safety standards set for safe use.
So whether you are looking for a fast and efficient bottle sterilizer that will clean baby bottles in minutes with the help of the microwave; one you can load all your bottles into and hit a button and walk away; or one you can use to also sterilize other baby items, we’ve got you covered with some of the best baby bottle sterilizers. We hope you find this review informative and helpful as you make your decision!
Best Bottle Sterilizers At A Glance
Before we go into detail on our 10 picks, here is a quick overview of the important features of the products that we think you’ll want to check out.
- The Philips Avent Microwave Sterilizer easily cleans not only baby bottles but can also be used to clean teethers, breast pump parts and bottle nipples
- This is one of the best bottle sterilizers because it is light weight and its compact design makes this microwave bottle sterilizers ideal to travel with
- This baby bottle sanitizer includes lockable clips that helps keep baby bottles and other accessories sterilized for up to 24 hours
- One of the key features on the Avent Microwave Sterilizer is the sterilization process is that it works at a higher temperature than a dishwasher
- The Avent Microwave Sterilizer includes a pair of tongs for easy removal of bottles and accessories
- Can be too big to fit into smaller microwaves
- Important to handle with caution once the sterilization process is complete, as the very hot water produced by the sterilizing process can burn skin
- Some parent reviews have found that with this baby bottle sterilizer rust appears if not cleaned thoroughly
The Avent microwave sterilizer is a convenient and easy to use bottle sterilizer that operates at a high temperature; this is why parents purchase this model because of the protection it provides against harmful bacteria. There are also safety grips on this model that remains cool, which makes it easier to handle.
This bottle sterilizer is one of the top rated based on consumer reviews. It is cost effective and it’s perfect to take on trips. You can’t go wrong with this purchase. The advantage of using a microwave bottle sterilizer is that there is no chance for lingering smells to remain in bottles or accessories.
- Brown microwave sterilizer includes an internal sterilizing tray that keeps baby bottles in place during the sterilization process
- This bottle sterilizer can also be used to sterilize pacifiers and Dr. Brown’s glass baby bottles and accessories
- The Dr. Brown bottle sterilizer is dishwasher safe to ensure there are no lingering germs or bacteria after each use
- Parents have the option of bringing this microwave bottle sterilizer with them when travelling since it’s small and compact
- May be too wide to fit in smaller microwaves
- Can be time consuming to put together
- The cover of this bottle sterilizer is flimsy and may not fit snuggly, especially after sterilization
This is a good quality microwave bottle sterilizer for the unit’s cost. It quickly and efficiently cleans baby bottles and accessories. You can use tap water instead of buying specialty water like many other baby bottle sterilizers require.
The Dr. Brown bottle sterilizer is a quality, cost effective product that supports parents in the care of their baby. It will allow you to clean and sterilize any baby bottles and other accessories against bacteria. It is also easy to maintain. This model also comes with a pair of tongs to make the removal of bottles and accessories easier.
- The Munchkin microwave sterilizer accommodates all baby bottles and accessories of different shapes
- This baby bottle sterilizer can be cleaned and sanitized in the dishwasher
- Includes heat proof handles and latch to prevent steam burns from occurring
- This microwave bottle sterilizer can fit in most standard sized microwaves
- The Munchkin microwave sterilizer has been designed to be lightweight and compact, making it easier to bring when traveling and to store
- It has been suggested by users that the unit needs a stronger locking latch
- Baby bottles do not come out 100% dry
- Instructions recommend using distilled water adding an additional cost and may help in the achievement of the short sterilizing time
The Munchkin microwave sterilizer is very similar to the Avent bottle sterilizer. They both are affordable and ideal to bring while travelling. This model is efficient and fits in all microwaves.
This is a simple and easy bottle sanitizer to use. It will sterilize baby bottles in two minutes, which is great when you need a bottle ASAP! The Munchkin microwave sterilizer is a great option for families who are on a budget.
- The Baby Brezza baby bottle sterilizer and dryer kills 99% of unwanted and harmful chemicals
- This baby bottle sterilizer model includes an LED screen that indicates how much time remains for each sterilization cycle
- Parents like this baby bottle sterilizer and dryer because it eliminates the worry of needing to dry baby bottles and other accessories
- Includes a red light sensor that indicates when this electric bottle sterilizer needs to be refilled with water
- The Baby Brezza baby bottle cleaner has the ability to clean baby bottles of different sizes
- Needs to be refilled with water after every use
- Uses only distilled water, which is an added cost
- May leak if the unit isn’t well maintained
The Baby Brezza bottle sterilizer provides parents with several benefits. The sterilization process only takes 8 minutes to clean 6 bottles. The design of this baby bottle sterilizer allows for different sized bottles to be cleaned at one time.
A great product if you want to purchase one that is of higher quality. It is user friendly and makes sterilizing baby bottles quick and easy. This is an ideal bottle sterilizer and dryer for families with busy schedules and need to sterilize as many baby bottles as possible in a short amount of time. One downside of this baby bottle sterilizer is the need to use distilled water adding additional expense for parents.
- This Dr. Brown’s bottle sterilizer model has the ability to clean baby bottles of any size, bottle nipples, breast pump parts, pacifiers and small toys
- Each cycle can take up to 5-10 minutes, depending on the amount of water added to the bottle sterilizer
- Includes a set of tongs and measuring cup to make filling up the bottle sterilizer and removing its contents easier
- Includes a built in tray to accommodate smaller accessories
- This Dr. Brown’s bottle sterilizer has been designed to accommodate a heating element that helps collect build-up that collects during the sterilization process
- Drying cycle isn’t very efficient, condensation remains in bottles
- Expensive and small compared to other models
- For this baby bottle sterilizer, it is recommended that distilled or 100% pure water used to prevent mineral build-up from appearing on the heating element
This is a good baby bottle sterilizer, it gets the job done but some parents have noticed it leaves condensation in the bottles once the cycle is done. Many parents have washed the bottles again out of concern that they aren’t sterilized fully. To clean this Dr. Brown bottle sterilizer it is recommended that parents run it through a sterilization cycle with vinegar and water.
Dr. Brown’s bottle sterilizer is known to be one of the most popular electric bottle sterilizers even though it isn’t as effective as other bottle sterilizers that are available. It is recommended that parents research different models before settling on a specific brand of baby bottle sterilizer. The best baby bottle sterilizer needs to fit your own personal needs.
- The Munchkin steam guard electric sterilizer features an automatic shut-off for efficiency and safety
- This electric bottle sterilizer includes an adjustable tray making it easy to clean and sterilize other baby accessories
- Includes an on and off switch to begin or end the sterilization process
- This Munchkin steam guard electric sterilizer includes features such as a dome lid, locking tabs to protect and prevent steam burns and heat resistant tongs to remove contents when the sterilization cycle is complete
- Some users reported experiencing rust and sediment forming during first few uses maybe from tap water use
- After a few uses a burnt plastic smell may occur so the unit should be thoroughly cleaned between uses
- Product may malfunction and stop working suddenly
This bottle sterilizer does work well; it quickly sterilizes baby bottles and accessories. Reviews from parents have stated that it has only lasted them a few months before dying. Munchkin makes great products but this one needs some improvements. Some parents have scrubbed the heat element with vinegar to remove the smell of burnt plastic. Reviews also recommend you use this bottle sterilizer with caution. Some parents have burnt themselves while the unit is still running, let cool before opening and removing bottles and accessories.
The Munchkin steam guard electric sterilizer is another product that will assist parents in saving time and energy when they need to sterilize baby bottles and accessories quickly. This electric bottle sterilizer can hold up to 9 bottles and accessories, allowing parents clean as many bottles as they need in a matter of minutes.
- Each part of the Philips Avent bottle sterilizer has the ability to be used independent of each other. This means the baby bottle sterilizer doesn’t need to running in order to sterilize bottle accessories or other items
- The Philips Avent bottle sterilizer will keep items sterilized from germs and bacteria for up to 24 hours
- This baby bottle sterilizer is lightweight and compact, making it ideal to bring along when families are traveling
- The shape of the Avent bottle sterilizer has been designed to not take up a lot of counter space
- This bottle sterilizer includes accessories such as a dishwasher basket and a microwave steam sterilizer for added convenience
- The unit doesn’t have a drying cycle
- Rust stains can appear if not properly maintained
- Leaves a lot of water stains and residue on bottles and accessories
This baby bottle sanitizer is customizable and can hold wide or narrow bottles. Parents have reported that the sterilization cycle doesn’t always keep the baby bottles sterile for 24 hours. You also need to refill the water after every use, compared to other models and brands that hold sufficient water for a couple cycles before needing to be refilled.
The Philips Avent bottle sterilizer is a worthwhile option if you are looking for a good bottle sterilizer that isn’t the top of the line. Its features allow for parents to easily sterilize any baby bottles and any other related products. It is know to be one of the most spacious baby bottle sterilizers that can clean almost any type of feeding items or other baby items.
- This electric bottle sterilizer’s unique design and steam technology ensures that steam will directly go into the bottles and accessories for better sterilization
- Utilizes steam to disinfect baby bottles and accessories in a short period of time without using cleaning solutions or chemicals that can harm babies
- This bottle sterilizer includes removable trays allowing parents to let the sterilized items air dry
- Parents have the option of putting this baby bottle sterilizer in the dishwasher when needed to clean any bacteria or germs
- The First Years electric bottle sterilizer has been made from materials that are phthalate, PVC, BPA and latex free
- Stains can appear on the inside of the cover if not thoroughly cleaned and dried between uses
- Includes design flaws, such as steam is weak and may not reach the top rack depending on how the items are loaded
- Doesn’t have a drying feature and leave the sterilized items wet
The ability to use steam technology with this baby bottle sterilizer helps to reassure parents that all baby bottles and accessories are clean and sterilized. Similar to other bottle sterilizers, comments have described the presence of rust as water accumulates in the bottom tray. Comments have also stated that the steam doesn’t seem powerful enough to sterilize items on the lower shelves and may not clean the items on the upper shelves well enough.
The first year power of steam electric baby bottle sterilizer is a good quality sterilizer that will kill any germs or bacteria on your child’s bottles and accessories if items are organized in the unit for effective steam cleaning. This brand of bottle sterilizer does require regular cleaning to maintain it.
- Tommee Tippee bottle sterilizer’s oval shaped design is able to accommodate more bottles and accessories. It also allows the steam to circulate better to ensure all of it’s contents are cleaned thoroughly
- The inside of Tommee Tippee bottle sterilizer has been designed to have dedicated slots for 6 bottles and nipples
- One of the great features of this baby bottle sterilizer is it counts down from 3 hours to let parents know how long of a period is left before the contents inside the electric bottle sterilizer are no longer sterile
- This bottle sterilizer also comes with a set of tongs to assist with removing items, two 5 oz. baby bottles and a formula dispenser
- Needs to be descaled frequently
- May get a strong plastic odor during sanitization cycle
- The unit doesn’t have a drying feature for the baby bottles
This electric sterilizer provides assistance for sterilizing baby bottles and accessories. It runs quickly and will keep items sterilized for a day if left untouched. It will make parent’s lives easier and ensure baby bottles will be ready for their next feeding.
The Tommee Tippee bottle sterilizer has enough space to fit baby bottles and other accessories. It saves a lot of time and is worth every penny if you’re looking for an inexpensive bottle sanitizer that will get the job done quickly and efficiently.
The drying function includes 3 different cycles 30, 45 or 60 minutes and you can choose one depending how many baby bottles have been washed. The inside of the bottle sterilizer has been designed in a way that allows the steam to directly enter each bottle that makes them sterile and dry in one step. An extra basket is also included allowing for smaller accessories to be cleaned.
- The Wabi Baby includes smart sensor automatic shutoff when sterilizing is complete
- This bottle sterilizer includes a convenient accessory basket to keep all accessories in one spot during sterilization process
- This 3-in-1 baby bottle cleaner operates by using steam to sterilize baby bottles and accessories, dries contents with the use of hot air and ion deodorizes to keep all contents sterilized
- Features a memory setting that makes the sterilization process easier for parents and doesn’t require them to program this baby bottle sterilizer before every use
- The Wabi baby bottle sterilizer may leak if overfilled
- Expensive compared to other baby bottle sterilizers
- May rust and leak water if not maintained properly
If you want to invest in a quality bottle sterilizer the Wabi baby is a suitable option. It has a number of features that will make the process of sterilizing bottles quick and easy.
This is a baby bottle sterilizer that parents will be grateful for. It’s storage space and ability to use hot air to dry bottles and it’s automatic shut off makes this bottle sterilizer a great choice for busy parents!
The Bottom Line
Choosing the best baby bottle sterilizer to clean and sanitize your baby bottles and accessories will go a long way to helping keep them healthy and safe from any harmful germs and bacteria. Whether you use a microwave bottle sterilizer or electric bottle sterilizer, you will feel at ease knowing you are eliminating any unnecessary bacteria that could potentially harm or make your baby sick.
We have presented our top 10 bottle sterilizers for your consideration. To assist you with your decision the following products would be our winning choices from this review.
Our number one pick is Philip’s Avent microwave sterilizer. It is easy to use, will have your baby bottles and accessories sterilized in just 2 minutes, is BPA free and is great to bring along if you and your family is planning on doing any travelling. A little tip…just make sure the microwave at your destination(s) can accommodate the unit. Number 2 goes to the Baby Brezza bottle sterilizer. This is like the Cadillac of baby bottle sterilizers! It has some great features and has three different drying cycles. Last but not least of our top three choices is the Wabi Baby sterilizer. Its 3-in-1 design offers three different functions allowing parents to choose whichever sterilization process they desire. This baby bottle sterilizer also has hot air drying and plenty of storage making it a great option! Highly recommended by parents that have little time to clean, sterilize and dry bottles and are willing to spend a few more dollars on a multi-function product.
Now that you have read our top 10 bottle sterilizer review and our three stand outs as suggestions, we trust that you can use this review in informing your decision on the best product for your needs and situation.