10 Best Bike Trailers for Kids Reviews of 2019
10 Best Bike Trailers for Kids Reviews of 2019
We all know how kids could be a handful, especially when they are at that age when all they want to do is be around one of their parents.
This may be difficult for someone who lives a very active lifestyle, but also wants that quality time with their kids. An easy solution to that is attaching a bike trailer to the back of one’s bicycle. A bike trailer is a safe and effective way for the active parent to spend quality time with their child while doing what they love most, cycling.
Now you may be wondering, well what are the best bike trailers for kids out there? We know how busy parents can be so we have done the work for you and scoured the Internet for the best bike trailers out there. In this review, we will be analyzing the best bike trailers for you to decide what suits your needs the most. We looked at features such as harness, foldability, hitches, etc. to ensure the best bike trailers for parents. Thanks to the help of consumer reports and Amazon reviews, we have gathered thousands of positive and negative reviews for the selected bicycle trailers. There are many different styles of bike trailers, such as a single bike trailer, which fits one child, while a double bike trailer can fit two. Whatever your needs are in a bike trailer you will surely find it here.
Best Bike Trailers for Kids At A Glance
Before we get into a detailed discussion on the different kinds of bicycle trailers, below is a brief overview of the bikes that we think you might want to take a quick look at.
This single bike trailer has sixteen-inch pneumatic tires with moulded rims, which provide performance and style. It also includes a hitch that allows for easy attachment and reattachment from the trailer to any adult bike.
- Easy to assemble and takes very little time to put together
- Can easily be folded and stored away neatly for easy storage
- Versatile coupler bike attachment for kids
- Ample storage space behind the seat of the bike wagon
- The five point harness keeps the child secure
- This baby bike trailer is very light weight; not too heavy to ride around with
- Some customers found that their child found the harness strap to be a little bit uncomfortable
- Some parents have said their child gets too hot in the bicycle cargo trailer
If you live in a smaller house or apartment this instep bike trailer can be folded away without a fuss
This is the best instep single bike trailer for families who love to be active and share that with their children. With its durable internal harness, parents can feel good about putting their child in this highly rated child bike trailer.
With its five-point safety harness system and its sixteen-inch pneumatic air tires with moulded rims parents can feel secure about their kids spending time in this child bike trailer.
- Five-point harness system that contains five straps to ensure safety
- Accommodates a growing family
- Easy to assemble
- Versatile coupler bike attachment for toddlers
- Ample rear cargo space
- Bang for your buck
- Many found this toddler bike trailer to not be made to last very long
- Seating can sometimes be uncomfortable for the child when sitting in the baby bike trailer for too long
The folding frame and design with quick release wheels allow for fast and easy storage.
This instep double bike trailer is perfect for the growing family. The rear cargo space allows for easy storage of food and drinks for the kids, making cycling easy and fun for both you and your children.
This double bike trailer is perfect for the on the go parent; its light weight allowing for it to be easily moved around and now comes with a parking brake thanks to its extra wheel at the front of the bike trailer.
- Stroller capability allows this bike trailer to become multifunctional
- Ample storage room similar to a bike buggy
- Five-point harness system to ensure safety of your child
- Includes parking brake so the trailer does not move when not in use
- Universal coupler bike attachment for kids
- Does not fold as easily as the other instep bike trailers
Thanks to the handy stroller kit, with this instep bike trailer you can now turn your bike trailer into a stroller. With the extra wheel attachment it easily becomes a bike trailer with a stroller.
Overall the instep double bike trailer and stroller is ideal for those parents who like to take their children on jogs and bike rides in the comforts of a trailer. You will no longer need both a bike trailer and stroller; therefore for the price it is a steal.
This bike trailer features a locking swivel front wheel and full suspension system for the ultimate in comfort and control. The Aosom trailer contains the perfect blend of features and functions for the active family unit.
- Adjustable handle bars for the ultimate control
- Front wheel swivels for effortless movement
- Stroller capability f you like a multifunctional infant bike trailer
- Inside pockets perfect for kids who want to store items in the trailer
- Hand lock brake system on rear wheel
- Seating is a bench style rather than a sling for the ultimate comfort for your child
- Some customers received their bike trailers already damaged
This double bike trailer/stroller is not only perfect for cycling and jogging, but even for your everyday errands and activities. Parents love it for grocery shopping and even trips to the zoo.
The Aosom trailer is one of the best bike trailers you will find out there. Even though the trailer is pricier compared to the others and has the lowest star rating on Amazon the design of the trailer maximizes safety and is also easy on the eyes.
Compared to the other bike trailers, this model comes with a full internal aluminum for protection in case of an accident and reflective materials for visibility.
- Purse or backpack
- This bicycle child trailer includes a hammock style seating for the ultimate comfort for your child
- Made of good quality materials so you can feel confident you made a great purchase
- The ride is so smooth your child is sure to fall asleep
- Five-point harness system to ensure safety
- No parking break in the bike cart for kids
- Does not convert to jogger
- Has a high price tag
The bright yellow colour allows for better visibility so other cyclists and oncoming traffic can see you clearly
Even though this burley bike trailer has a hefty price tag, many parents agreed that the price was well worth the guaranteed safety of their children.
- Aluminum frame is lightweight for easy handling on a more rough road
- Deluxe harness and seat with padding for the most supreme comfort
- A parking brake is included in this bike trailer so it does not move unexpectedly
- Can fit up to two children at a time, perfect for an expanding family
- Screen isn’t dark enough to shade passengers
- Some customers found this bike cart for kids to be too bulky
This bike trailer allows you to convert the two-seat option into a one seat for better balance.
Overall, the Schwinn double bike trailer is perfect for that on the go family and the economical price is definitely a plus too.
- Sturdy and durable, which is ideal for the active parent who like to take their children on runs on a rougher road
- Five-point safety harness to ensure your child’s safety
- Foot guard tube to protect your child’s feet
- Great ventilation, which is perfect in the summer when bikewagons tend to get hot more often
- Easy and quick to assemble
- No jogger option in this bike trailer
This bike trailer comes with an innovative cabin venting system that allows your child to stay cool on those warm days.
Overall the Allen sports bicycle trailer is perfect for the budget friendly parent who does not want to sacrifice price for safety.
- Helps kids to learn how to ride a bike instead of just sitting in the back of regular bicycle trailer
- No pull back when pedaling uphill so you can feel safe having your child behind you on their bike attachment
- Easily folds up compared to other bicycle kid carriers in this review
- A great bang for your buck
- Many found that he attachment will sometimes loosen the adult bike post
- No cargo space for this bike attachment for toddlers
Using this bike trailer will allow your child to start learning how to ride a bike without having to go straight for the adult bike after its time for the training wheels to come off.
This bike trailer is geared towards the adventurous parent who wants to be more actively engaged with their child while out on their bike rides.
This bike trailer by Clevr offers the same convenience of as its competitors, but what makes it stand out from the rest is its unbeatable price for the luxury you get from this model.
- Converts to a baby jogger thanks to the extra wheel attachment in the front
- Front breaking system so your bike trailer does not move unexpectedly
- Safety reflectors on all four sides so oncoming traffic and other joggers will see you when taking a night stroll
- Lightweight, yet the frame is still sturdy which is ideal when biking uphill
- Disassembles easily to fold flat for easy storage
- Option of mesh or plastic cover
- The front wheel bike cart for babies is fixed so it does not steer properly according to some Amazon reviews
- More useful as a stroller than a jogger
- Instructions were hard to understand according to some Amazon reviews
It is easy to convert the bike trailer into a jogger by attaching the removable front wheel. The universal bike hitch allows for easy reattachment.
For the price, this double bike trailer and stroller will satisfy any family who loves the convenience of a two in one bicycle trailer.
- Collapsible folding frame for quick and easy storage. This bicycle trailer is ideal for parents who live in a smaller home
- Cozy padded interior so your child is nothing but comfortable during your bike rides
- Hidden storage pocket that can fit up to 12 lbs. of whatever you or your needs to store away
- Five-point safety harness to ensure your child’s safety
- No stroller capability, meaning this bicycle trailer cannot work as a stroller
The Schwinn single bike trailer comes in three different colours. The price varies depending on the colour you prefer.
This bicycle trailer is ideal for the very active parent. If you are someone has one child and cycles at least two to three times a weeks, we highly recommend this product.
The Bottom Line
This well-researched bike trailer review includes bike trailers that will suit whatever your trailer needs are. We have carefully thought out what it is parents are looking for in a bike trailer and made sure each trailer was safe enough to carry their little ones. Now what we want you the readers to do after you have read the review is make a list of the top five features you need in a bike trailer and then ask yourself which of these is right for me and my family? Once you have answered this question then you’ll be able to decide on which one is best for you. The bike trailers that we would recommend are the InStep Quick N EZ Double Bicycle Trailer and the Allen Sports Steel Bicycle Trailer because they are safe, durable and are perfect for a growing family. Overall, your child’s safety is number one so you won’t go wrong with any of the ten listed. Happy cycling!
If you want to know more information on kids bikes and bike accessories, you may also like these articles: