10 Best Baby Swings Reviews of 2020
10 Best Baby Swings Reviews of 2020
Getting a baby to sleep can be a very frustrating process for parents. There are even times when they refuse to sleep regardless of how tired they may be. All that’s left for parents is a baby that refuses to stop crying. This is why we have the baby swing!
Parents who’ve used a baby swing have experienced that they help lull their baby into a sweet slumber. Babies find a sense of calm in the gentle movement of a baby swing. Once your baby wakes up, she is bound to wake up feeling playful. Even at times like these, a baby swing will be very useful because they double as the perfect toy. There are many baby swings that come equipped with toys and music to keep your child entertained and occupied.
With all the baby swing options out there, I bet you’re wondering which is the best infant swing to buy! If you’re still not entirely sure of which baby swing to buy, or researching the best baby swing to purchase, we’ve compiled a list of the top rated baby swings. These cheap baby swings have all been analysed and have received positive customer reviews on Consumer Reports from parents just like you looking for the perfect cradle swing that will help your baby sleep and give you a piece of mind, as well as the best option for a playful baby swing. We’ve read through numerous customer reviews and customer reports to provide you the best of the best baby swing.
Best Baby Swings At A Glance
Before we get into a detailed discussion on the different kinds of baby swing, below is a brief overview of the baby swing that we think you might want to take a quick look at.
- This baby swing has four different rock ‘n glide motions to help soothe your baby. This newborn swing can rock or glide head-to-toe or side-to-side.
- This infant swing set has three gliding speeds and two reclining positions accompanied by calming vibrations
- There are 12 tunes in total and 3 soothing nature sound effects with this baby swing set.
- This baby swing is quick and easy to convert from a glider to a cozy cradle rocker. Simply lift the seat from the glider base and you’ll have a portable rocker. Perfect for feeding, napping or playing.
- The gliding action of this electric baby swing is slightly jerky, and the machine is quite bulky.
- The newborn swing may squeak as it moves back and forth.
Infants under the age of 4 months should be seated in the most reclined infant swing position to avoid slumping over and suffocating.
The baby swing should not tip over or fold up easily.
You can’t go wrong with this fisher price baby swing. Most babies love the soothing comfort and motion of being rocked and cradled in mom’s arms. That’s why with 4 soothing rock and glide motions, calming vibrations and a soft padded baby swing seat, this baby swing mimics the soothing motion and comfort of your baby being cradled.
- This plug in baby swing is a motorized mobile cradle swing with music, soft hanging toys, and an overhead starlight show.
- It’s never been easier to convert this baby glider swing to different positions. Simply press the button and turn.
- This baby swing bead comes with two swing motions. It has the side-to-side cradle and the traditional head-to-toe options.
- The baby swing bead on this product is a deep and cozy Papasan-style seat. Its removable and machine washable.
- After months of using this baby glider swing motor may get weak or wear out over time.
- There are complaints of the infant swing motor being too loud.
If the seat can be adjusted to more than a 50-degree angle, it should have shoulder straps to keep the infant falling out of the baby glider swing.
Toys on mobiles attached to the child swing seat should not be pulled off easily.
Overall, your baby will enjoy the comfort of this plug in baby swing either in a side-to-side or front-to-back swinging motion. A little canopy surrounds your baby and sways along with the swinging motion while eight delightful songs entertain her. When it’s naptime, Mom or Dad can select fro, eight additional lullabies as well as bullfrog and cricket sounds to soothe and calm your baby. And with a simple flick of a switch, there’s a magical butterfly light show that projects onto the canopy–perfect for floating off into dreamland.
- This infant swing soothes with the same gentle motion you would use when you cuddle and comfort your baby when using this baby swing set.
- This graco baby swing uses an ingenious frame design that uses 40% less space than other leading baby swings. This portable baby swing will easily fit in any room.
- This infant swing set features a two-speed vibration setting keeping your baby relaxed.
- The comfortable child swing seat has a plush body support and 3 reclining positions.
- This baby swing is slightly difficult to set up according to baby swing reviews.
- This cradle swing makes a loud clicking sound and the feet don’t rest squarely on the ground.
Caregivers should make sure the baby is not heavier than weight limits specified on the plug in baby swing.
The portable baby swing cradle surface should stay fairly flat while in motion and while stopped so the infant will not tip or fall out.
This gliding baby swing gives you the option to either use batteries for convenience or to plug into a wall outlet. The graco baby swing features a timer mode, so that you’re only keeping the glider on, as you need it, helping to extend your battery life. Finally, this baby rocker swing also features ten melodies and five nature sounds, which can delight and amuse your little one. There are so many fun features that baby will love!
- This infant swing soothes your baby with the same gentle motion you use when cuddling your baby.
- Graco Glider is lightweight and has a portable frame making it the best infant swing to use anywhere in the house.
- This is one of our top rated baby swings thanks to its roomy seat with soft fabrics and plush head support.
- This small baby swing has 6 gliding speeds allowing you to control the perfect pace suiting your baby’s mood.
- This is a very small baby swing and would be comfortable for maximum a 1-month-old baby based on baby swing reviews.
- This cradle swing provides poor support for baby’s head and neck according to baby swing reviews.
If your baby falls asleep in a portable swing, it is advised that parents or caregivers move the child to a firm sleep surface as soon as possible.
Never leave your baby unattended in the baby swing.
This innovative baby glider swing is lightweight, making it easy to use anywhere in the house. The child swing seat is plush and roomy with removable infant head support. This cradle and swing will keep your baby cozy, while six gliding speeds, ten classical melodies and five nature sounds will keep baby entertained.
- The Fisher-Price cradle and swing has SmartSwing Technology. It offers a wide range of speeds from high to low so you can find the perfect motion for your baby.
- This best baby swing actually senses your baby’s weight so the speeds won’t slow as your baby grows.
- This plug-in baby swing is easy to assemble with two convenient power options. You can use wither the included 120 volt AC or 4 D batteries.
- The baby swing bed is machine-washable, and has a plush seat pad and head support.
- Some baby swing reviews stated that this product stared making awful sounds.
- The buttons on the fisher price cradle ‘n swing might get faulty and not make proper contact with the circuit button switches. May need to realign buttons
Use a baby swing in full recline until the baby is 4 months or they can hold their head up unassisted.
Always use the safety harness as instructed.
The Fisher-Price Cradle ‘n Swing provides a sense of soothing comfort and security with its swinging motions, calming vibrations, plush head & body support, and deep & cozy seat. Music, nature sounds and a mobile help stimulate baby’s senses, with a mirrored globe for self-discovery and playful animal friends that encourage eye-tracking. The puppy design makes this swing one of the best baby girl swings and baby boy swings alike.
- This Graco baby swing has been designed to fit in any room in your home so you can keep your baby close
- This plug in baby swing saves you money on batteries while using it
- Offers gentle side to side swaying motion and a 2-speed vibration to keep your baby calm and soothed
- This small baby swing has a deep, plush seat that is designed for your baby’s comfort. It also has three soft toys to keep your child happy
- There are complaints about the child swing seat offering little body and head support.
- There are also complaints about the baby swing itself feeling cheap in material.
Installation of the baby swing base should always match the manufacturers instructions.
Swings are not recommended for overnight sleeping or extended napping.
Graco’s Simple Sway proves that great things come in small packages, and a small price tag as it is one of the cheap baby swings. This smart swing has tons of features to help you soothe and comfort baby, all packed into a compact frame design. It’s easy to keep baby close wherever you are at home!
- This baby glider swing comes with playful little toy owls that fly overhead to help soothe, entertain and stimulate your baby’s developing senses of sight and sound
- Like other Fisher-Price baby swings, this offers SmartSwing technology with a wide range of speeds and adjusts the speed based on your baby’s weight
- This product has a total of 6 swing speeds, 16 different songs to choose from and calm nature sounds
- This portable baby swing has a two-position recline with 3 adjustable seat positions
- There are reports that the motor makes a mechanical sound when in use.
- Some reviews indicate that the leg structure of this product is not even after installation.
To ensure the swing is assembled correctly, it’s a good idea to test the swing out with weights or a stack of books to simulate the baby’s weight.
The weight and size or rather the footprint is important when choosing a baby swing.
Fisher-Price My Little Snugabear Cradle ‘n Swing offers your baby a sense of soothing comfort and security through two different swing motions, and a plush, deep and cozy Papasan-style seat. Music, nature sounds and a motorized mobile help stimulate your baby’s senses, with a mirrored globe for self-discovery, and playful owl friends that encourage eye tracking.
- This swing bouncer combo is easily convertible from a swing to a vibrating seat with Easy Lock
- It has a slim fold design that’s folds flat for easy storage or travel making it a great portable baby swing.
- This is one of our top rated baby swings thanks to its Hybrid rive Technology making batteries last up to 3 times longer.
- This swing has a selection of 8 melodies and 3 nature sounds with volume control.
- The fabric of this baby swing is a bit stiff and looks a little uncomfortable for the baby’s head according to a review.
- This swing does not have the option to plug in.
When you receive your new baby swing, make sure to read through the instructions carefully so you know how to use it correctly.
Make sure your baby is always strapped in correctly so your baby does not fall out.
Overall, the Ingenuity ConvertMe Ridgedale Swing offers the complete package for what you are looking for in baby bouncers and swings. This swing bouncer combo is also perfect if you’re a looking for a silent swing. It’s WhisperQuiet technology allows your baby to swing in silence with no motor noise.
- This unique baby swing has a removable swing seat that doubles as a rocker
- There are 3 seating positions so your baby can sway calmly side to side or front-to-back
- The rocker carry-handle lets you keep your baby by your side at all times.
- The DuetSoothe gives you the option to plug in to save batteries making it the best baby swing for saving money.
- There are reports that this swing makes loud creaking noises after normal everyday usage
- The durability of this product may wear out after using it for a while
Always remember that once your baby has calmed down or fallen asleep, you should take your baby out of the swing and let him/her sleep in their cot.
Letting your baby sleep while swinging will be setting yourself up for difficulties later on. Your baby will quickly get used to this sleeping environment and keeping him/her asleep will be difficult.
Overall, this is the best baby swing money can buy. In swing mode, three seating positions give baby the option to sway side-to-side or swing back-and-forth – whatever he prefers! With added features such as a plug, vibration, and music, the Graco DuetSoothe Swing + Rocker has all the options baby will love.
- This baby swing comes with linkable rattle toys that detaches for take along
- The seat is plush and made with snuggly fabrics with an airy canopy
- The seat cover is machine washable and has a removable body insert and head support
- Moonlight Meadow allows you to easily convert to different swing positions by simply pressing a button and turn
- This product has a grinding noise that is noticeable once you turn it on.
- There are reports the legs of this product do not sit evenly on the floor.
A baby swing is not intended to leave your baby in for long periods of time or for leaving your baby unattended.
Use the baby swing when you struggle to get your baby to sleep or when your child is distresses and you are struggling to soothe her.
The Fisher-Price Moonlight Meadow Cradle ‘n Swing is perfect for helping to soothe your baby. There truly is no better way to soothe your baby by using its effective combination of nature sounds, melodies, and distinct swinging speeds.
The Bottom Line
Are you a parent that struggles to keep your child calm or getting your baby to fall asleep? Well you are not alone and luckily there is a solution for that. For many frazzled new moms and dads, a baby swing can be a lifesaver. These freestanding swing units imitate the rhythmic rocking motion of the womb and work magic on some cranky babies. Not all of them love the motion, though, so you may want to try out a friend’s swing before you buy one.
The good thing for you is that we already made a list of the best baby swing to choose from on the market ensuring you find the most appropriate one. We also read through baby swing reviews to provide you with real world experiences from other parents. All the swings we selected are perfect baby girl swings and baby boy swings. A newborn baby swing is most useful during your baby’s first few months; weight limits usually go up to 30 pounds. Still, most manufacturers recommend that you stop using a swing when your baby weighs between 15 and 25 pounds (depending on the type of swing), or appears to be able to climb out.
A swing is no substitute for human contact, of course, so most experts recommend limiting swing time to an hour or less a day when your baby’s awake. But if your baby responds well to the rocking, a swing can provide you with some much-needed quiet, hands-free time in that exhausting new-born period.
If you are looking for the best baby rockers or bouncers, check these articles as well: