10 Best Baby Sunscreens Reviews of 2019
10 Best Baby Sunscreens Reviews of 2019
It’s safe to say that all parents with a baby will want to take their little one outdoors in the bright and sunny warm weather and to spend quality time as a family.
It’s the perfect time to create memories and take photos of the moments spent with your baby. Whether you are going to the park for a casual stroll or enjoying the view at the beach, you’ll want to make the most of it. Just remember to pack that baby sunscreen!
Protecting your little one from the sun’s bright rays is very important due to the sensitivity of your baby’s skin that is more prone to serious burns, which could increase the risk of melanoma later in life. Of course, the best form of sun protection is to stay in the shade during the peak sunny hours between 10am and 4pm. But if you do need to go outside during the midday sun, be sure to take precaution.
But no need to fret, we have you and your baby covered with our list of the best and safest baby sunscreens on the market. We’ve read through Consumer Reports and numerous reviews from parents like you in order to provide you with best baby sunscreens reviews of 2019.
Best Baby Sunscreen At A Glance
Before we get into a detailed discussion on the different kinds of baby sunscreens, below is a brief overview that we think you will help you pick the best product for your baby’s needs.
So it’s save for the environment and your baby’s skin.
- This sunblock for kids does not contain harsh chemical ingredients such as oxybenzone or avobenzone
- It nourishes the skin with natural ingredients including moringa oil, rich Vitamin C and hyaluronic acid
- Sunology is known for its 100% cruelty-free and reef safe certification
- Doesn’t irritate skin or eyes making it one of the safest sunscreen for kids
- Sunology is considered an EWG baby sunscreen, because it’s highly rated by EWG for containing gentle and non-hazardous ingredients
- This baby sunblock may make your hands feel gritty and might be difficult to apply due to its thick and sticky texture
- Slightly expensive in comparison to competitors’ newborn sunscreens
When applying this baby sunscreen make sure you start 15 minutes before sun exposure on clean and dry skin. For optimal baby sun protection reapply every 2 hours; reapply every 80 minutes when swimming, sweating or towel drying.
Overall, Sunology Kid’s and Baby Safe Mineral Sunscreen is practical for any outdoor adventure. This is the best sunscreen for toddlers if you like to go swimming, playing outdoors or doing any activity under the sun.
- This is a mineral based physical sunscreen that is effective immediately
- Provides water resistance of up to 80 minutes allowing for a variety of activities under the sun
- This non-greasy sunscreen for toddlers is very simple to wipe on the body and sensitive faces too
- This is one of the safest sunscreen for babies, since it doesn’t contain parabens, oxybenzone, chemical fragrance, phthalates, retinyl palmitate, paba or other toxic chemicals
- This is also one of the best organic sunscreen for babies because it contains things like Organic Aloe Vera Juice, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Argan Oil, Jojoba Seed Oil, Vitamin E, Cucumber Extract, and non nano Zinc Oxide
- This infant sunscreen can leave white streak residue on the body when applied due to its thick texture
- Aside from the residue, natural sunscreen for babies also leaves skin feeling a bit greasy
- Due to its low SPF of 25, it may not be very effective under very sunny conditions
Apply this organic baby sunscreen as soon as you reach your destination and squeeze into the palm of your hand, then massage in a circular motion into all exposed areas
Don’t forget to apply this baby sunblock on those easy to overlook places such as the neck and top of the nose.
The Beauty By Earth Mineral sunblock for kids provides a unique safe formula. It is a non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic smooth emollient lotion, and contains all natural ingredients, which makes it one the best sunscreens for babies under 6 months. So for those everyday outdoor sunny adventures, you can have some peace of mind.
- California Baby sunscreen is a great choice for the sunny outdoors and one of the best sunblocks for babies due to its plant-based ingredients
- It uses organic Soap Bark as a foaming agent to create a buildable lather
- This sunscreen contains a skin-friendly formula that makes it the best for babies under 6 months. Soapy tears can be awful, so California Baby sunscreen created a formula that’s safe and gentle
- This organic baby sunscreen contains zero synthetic fragrances. All of their products are scented with pure essential oils making this brand one of the best organic sunscreen for babies
- It is considered an EWG baby sunscreen, because it’s highly rated by EWG and awarded by many others making it the safest sunscreen for kids
- Although it is great at protecting the skin, this baby sunscreen leaves a white cast on the skin, making it slightly longer to absorb completely
- This sunblock for kids can be difficult to wash out after the sunny day, and may leave stains on surfaces that are difficult to remove (such as leather in vehicles)
Unlike chemical sunscreens, which tend to be thin and watery, this thick mineral based sunscreen is concentrated, so a smaller amount of this baby sunscreen does the job
Squeeze a dime-sized amount onto three fingers and dot onto sun-exposed areas; continue to use your hands to blend evenly and repeat until fully covered.
California Baby sunscreen is a must when packing for a sunny day. It provides a high-level protection against sunburns. This is the best natural sunscreen for babies and is simple and elegant. It slides on smoothly and will not slip off when it comes into contact with water. So let your child run around out there and splash water under the sun while staying safe from the sun’s rays. It truly is the best sunscreen for children.
It is also non allergenic and tear free making it a great sunscreen for babies with sensitive skin. It can be applied on any part of your babies skin.
- Babyganics sunscreen contains its signature NeoNourish Seed Oil Blend – tomato, sunflower, cranberry, black cumin and raspberry seed oils
- Considered by many parents as the best organic baby sunscreen, because it uses only plant-based and certified organic ingredients
- In addition to strong protection, this baby sunscreen also provides extra moisturizing using its essential oils
- It doesn’t contain PABA, phthalates, parabens, fragrances, or nano-particles
- Babyganics sunscreen is perfect for high exposure areas and targeted protection making it one of the safest sunscreens for babies
- When spraying this product, it may leave stains on objects like the furniture or your carpet, so avoid using it indoors
- The spray solution may leave (non-permanent) white residue on the skin after application
Decrease the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging by regularly using this or any other sunscreen for babies with sensitive skin with a Broad Spectrum SPF of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures
Protecting against incidental sun exposure (this includes a ride in the stroller or through a car window) is equally as important as protecting them when planning a day at the beach.
Look out world! This baby sunscreen will allow your baby to explore a whole new world of fun in the sun. It is the best infant sunscreen for protecting and nourishing your baby’s work-in-progress skin. It’s what makes Babyganics sunscreen one of the best sunscreens for babies with sensitive skin.
- This baby sunscreen is a tube of naturally sourced 100% zinc oxide sunscreen
- It is the best infant sunscreen because it is specially formulated for baby’s delicate skin
- Uses its special Purescreen Technology to protect against harmful UVA and UVB rays
- This Neutrogena baby sunscreen is dermatologist-tested, water-resistant, and created with a hypoallergenic formula
- Its tear-free formula will not sting eyes, making it a great option sunscreen for toddlers
- This received the National Eczema Association Seal of Acceptance as a suitable sunscreen for babies with sensitive skin conditions
- Neutrogena baby sunscreen leaves a greasy residue that is inconvenient when attempting to rub it off
- This baby sunscreen if slightly difficult to rub into the skin and may cause a rash depending on your baby’s skin sensitivity
You may ask yourself when can you put sunscreen on a baby and during which times: Be sure to reapply it at least every 2 hours while outside with your baby under very sunny conditions
Take safety precaution using sun protection measures such as limiting time spent in the sun and covering up with long sleeves, pants, glasses etc
Ask your doctor for the best recommendation for children under 6 months.
Neutrogena baby sunscreen is a good fit if you want a formula that offers superior Broad Spectrum protection against UVA and UVB rays. Its tear-free formula will help absorb, reflect and scatter dangerous sunrays.
This baby sunscreen provides safe and effective broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection.
- This is a Baby Tear-Free and Sting-Free 50+ lotion
- Provides your baby with broad-spectrum UVA and UVB protection
- The white lotion lets you see that your baby is covered properly
- This sunscreen is paediatrician tested
- Banana Boat baby sunscreen is recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation
- The white lotion may be a concern for those who prefer a clear sunscreen lotion
- The fragrance may not be pleasant to some people
- This baby sunscreen lotion may not rub in entirely
Apply one ounce or a golf ball-sized amount of sunscreen in every application
Reapply sunscreen every 2 hours to ensure proper and effective sun protection
Overall, Banana Boat baby sunscreen is a great product if your baby is very prone to tears and stinging. It will prevent those side effects while providing your baby with the best sun protection.
- Australian Gold has over 25 years of experience and their formulas provide unsurpassed sun protection
- This sunblock for kids does not include any harsh chemicals or animal testing
- It has an ultra strength of 50+ SPF so no harmful sun rays can reach the skin
- Australian Gold baby sunscreen contains Aloe Vera for natural soothing and skin conditioning
- The sunscreen can leave white residue on everything such as clothes, arm rests, steering wheels and anything else it comes into contact with
- Australian Gold may cause rashes on certain skin types; Be sure to check with your doctor before using it
A simple way to remember the right amount of sunscreen to apply is to imagine the amount of sunscreen that would fit in a shot glass.
Australian Gold baby sunblock is known for embracing the love of all activities under the sun for your children. Whether you are on your back patio, on vacation or just taking a walk, Australian Gold provides the protection you need to enjoy a sunny lifestyle for you and your baby.
- It does not contain active chemical sunscreen agents such as oxybenzone or octinoxate
- Badger cream is water and sweat resistant for 40 minutes
- This product has been paediatrician tested and approved safe for babies and kids
- Badger baby sunscreen contains certified organic base of sunflower oil, beeswax and vitamin E, which provide ultra-moisturising and soothing effect on your baby’s skin
- This baby sunblock has a nice mild scent of Chamomile and Calendula and can be used by the whole family
- This sunscreen may cause irritation to certain baby skin types depending of their skin sensitivity
- Some parents may not like the heaviness of the sunscreen
- It also may not be as clear in comparison to competitor sunscreens
Always keep some sunscreen for babies nearby; it is perfect for applying to the areas that you can’t always cover with clothing such as hands and feet.
Badger baby sunscreen is a definite must for those sunny days with your baby. Badger sunscreens have been recommended by the following: Environmental Working Group, Consumer Reports, the TODAY show, SAFBaby.com and numerous other sources. It also has a nice mild scent of Chamomile and Calendula. It is paediatrician tested and approved safe for babies and kids. Overall, it is a safe bet for baby sun protection.
- Thinkbaby sunscreen is the first sunscreen to pass Whole Foods Premium Care Requirements
- This has been Top Rated by EWG with a “1” rating since 2010
- It is free of biologically harmful chemicals, such as Avobenzone, Oxybenzone, and UV Chemical absorbers
- This baby sunscreen is rated at SPF 50+ which the is highest allowed by the proposed FDA 2012 Monograph
- Thinkbaby sunscreen has broad-spectrum UVA and UVB protection
- This sunscreen has a water resistance that lasts up to 80 minutes, which is the highest allowed by the proposed FDA 2012 Monograph
- This sunscreen has a strong smell that may not be ideal for some parents or kids
Be sure to apply to all areas that will be exposed to sunlight including behind the ears, neck, hands, feet and scalp.
Reapply every two hours or more as needed.
Thinkbaby sunscreen is perfect for daily use and for anyone spending time in the sunny weather. This includes anyone with sensitive skin, including children over 6 months. It is also one of the best sunscreens for pregnancy, since it works effectively on women with sensitive skin.
- It contains transparent Zinc Oxide along with Titanium Dioxide to provide broad spectrum protection from both UVA and UVB rays
- Blue Lizard baby sunscreen is Chemical and Fragrance free
- The packaging of this product is unique as it provides a UV indicator for parents to know when they need to be applying sunscreen
- The bottle itself turns pink when exposed to UV rays
- The sunscreen may be a bit too runny for some parents since you might accidentally dispense too much
Make sure to shake the bottle well before application, as it may be runny
Apply liberally to dry skin 15 minutes before sun exposure, and reapply immediately after towel drying
Overall, Blue Lizard baby sunscreen has been recommended by dermatologists and is safe to use on a baby. You will not be disappointed when you head out on that trip to the beach or the swimming pool. Expect strong sun protection for your baby.
The Bottom Line
Best Baby Sunscreens Reviews of 2018 contains the best and most suitable sunscreens that are right for your little one. Whether you want to go out swimming, visit the beach, or relax on the patio, these sunscreens will do the job. If we had to choose two of the best sunscreens out of the list, it would most definitely be the Badger Baby Sunscreen and the Blue Lizard Baby Sunscreen thanks to their high ratings among its customers and our throughout analysis.
If you are looking for a basic sunscreen that will protect your baby’s skin from harmful sunrays, you will most definitely find the right product here for you – and you will be 100% satisfied. Regardless of the activity you want to do outdoors with your baby, we made sure that our research would help you find the right baby sunscreen to take with you on your outdoor sunny adventures and protect your baby from harmful UV rays. Now go out there with your little one, enjoy the weather and soak up the sun!