10 Best Baby Powders Review of 2020
10 Best Baby Powders Review of 2020
Diaper rashes, unwanted moisture and irritation are all displeasures that come with changing your babies’ diaper. That is why baby powder is the best solution for these problems.
Baby powder is the best way to combat all these issues, as well as keeping your baby feeling fresh at all times. What is difficult nowadays is the bevy of baby powder options you have to choose from.
So you may be thinking to yourself how do I pick just one from these hundreds of options? Well we have narrowed it down for you to just ten of the best baby powders the Internet had to offer. In this review, we researched a variety of baby powders that have earned only the best reviews from its consumers. The reason these baby powder products are so well loved is they are created by trusted companies and only use the best ingredients in their products. While some of these baby powders do contain talc, a controversial ingredient, most of them do not and actually contain natural organic ingredients only. We included the talc baby powder purely as a different option. For some parents this is important and for some its not, it really depends on you the consumer. The best baby powder for your child is just one click away.
Best Baby Powders At A Glance
Before we go on to our detailed discussion of the different kinds of baby powders, below we have complied a brief overview of our picks for your convenience.
- Will keep your baby dry so they feel comfortable in their diaper all day and night
- Absorbs moisture well so your baby does not end up with a diaper rash
- Aloe vera and vitamin e to soothe the skin
- Great smell for a talc free powder
- Includes medicated cornstarch to ensure your baby will not end up with any rashes
- Some customers found the top of the bottle of this talc free baby powder to be too small for dispensing the right amount of powder
Even though many customers did not like the small top of the bottle, others found it dispensed enough baby powder at a time.
This diaper powder is perfect for new parents trying to find the right formula for their little one.
This particular baby powder is the classic formula that has been around for many years and was probably used by our parents on us when we were babies. It comes with that classic scent that takes us back to a time when we were younger, which you can now share with your child. This baby powder includes talc, but is clinically proven to be gentle and mild for your baby’s skin.
- Helps reduce friction and irritation so your child does not experience any discomfort
- Clinically proven to be gentle and mild on baby’s skin
- Softer texture compared to some other baby powders that are a little rougher in texture
- Contains the classic baby powder scent
- Unfortunately it is not a talc free powder
This baby powder contains natural ingredients such as leaf cell extract, bark powder, flower extract, and cornstarch, so you as a parents can sleep at night knowing your child is safe from any harmful ingredients when using this baby powder.
- Contains naturally absorbent cornstarch instead of talc so your baby is feeling fresh all day
- Non-irritating and safe for your baby’s skin; the ideal baby powder for diaper rash
- Keeps skin dry and comfortable in between bath time
- An amazing baby powder without talc
- A nice, fresh scent
- Some customers found that this baby powder caused a rash on their baby’s skin
Purchase the 7 oz. bottle of baby powder instead of the 4 oz. because you get almost double the amount for only a few cents more
This baby powder is perfect for parents who do not want to use a powder that contains talc.
- Moisture resistant so your baby feels dry and comfortable all day
- Non-irritating on baby’s skin so you do not have to worry about diaper rashes
- A natural baby powder that is known for clearing up diaper rash
- Convenience of a cream to powder makes diaper changes quick and easy
- This baby powder combo is zinc-free so your baby does not feel coated in too much product
- Some customers said this natural baby powder separated and left an oily residue on the skin
In order to avoid the oily residue it is important to shake the bottle before using this baby powder.
This diaper cream and baby powder combo is perfect for parents who find a straight powder to be too messy for them.
- High absorbent to avoid diaper rash and any other kid of discomfort
- Contains no synthetic chemicals ideal for the parent who loves organic products
- Vegan; no chemicals or ingredients from that many come from animals
- Very gentle on the skin, perfect for your baby’s delicate skin
- An unscented baby powder for anyone who doesn’t enjoy a strong scent
- Some customers didn’t like the texture of the baby powder
- Container is small compared to other baby powder competitors
This is the perfect natural baby powder for parents who are really into vegan and organic products.
Even though the product is a little pricier compared to other brands, we have to remember this company is using the best ingredients and that comes at a price.
- Contains medicated cornstarch instead of talc to absorb any unwanted moisture
- Keeps baby clear and dry throughout the whole day until bath time
- Decent price for the amount you get
- Not super dusty compared to other baby powders on the market
- Some customers did not enjoy the strong scent of this talc free baby powder
Both parents and their baby can use this talc free powder to get rid of any unwanted moisture; perfect for multiple uses.
Perfect for the family on a budget who are consistent buyers of baby powder.
- An amazing organic baby powder without talc all parents could get behind
- Fragrance free for parents and babies who sensitive to scents
- Organic ingredients so you can feel safe using this baby powder on your baby’s delicate skin
- The ingredients used are non-toxic and hypoallergenic
- Perfect for babies with sensitive skin who need something more delicate
- The bottle of baby powder is a little too small for the price you are paying
If you live an organic lifestyle and don’t really care about price this baby powder is ideal for you.
Even though it is quite pricey many customers found this product to work miracles on their baby’s skin.
- Comes in two different scents, unscented and vanilla amber, that many customers enjoyed
- A huge plus is that this is a talc free baby powder
- Includes amazing organic ingredients such as arrowroot and plantain
- Gets rid of odor and moisture so you baby is smelling good and feeling fresh all day
- Soothes irritated skin right away without drying out you baby’s delicate skin
- Dispensing lid is a little small for the amount of baby powder you need to get out for one use
Buy the single diaper powders instead of the three pack because it is cheaper to buy a single three times then all together.
This baby powder is pricey, but with this product you do not have to worry about your baby ingesting any toxic ingredients.
- Includes calamine powder and cornstarch which helps soothe you baby’s skin well
- A talc free baby powder so you don’t have to worry about you baby ingesting any harmful chemicals
- Specially formulated to absorb moisture leaving your baby feeling dry and comfortable
- Bang for your buck
- Some customers noticed this bottle of diaper powder only comes half full
Buy the three pack instead of the two pack since it’s a better bang for your buck.
Through our research we found this product to be the best baby powder on the market.
- Contains organic and sustainably grown ingredients without any harmful chemicals found in other baby powders
- A talc free powder you can feel comfortable using on your baby
- Contains a calming aroma therapy blend that will soothe you baby into a deep sleep
- Gentle on the skin; perfect for delicate baby skin
- This baby powder is has a higher price tag compared to it competitors
Stick with the single bottle of baby powder and buy as you need it since it’s so pricey.
Perfect for a family who only buys organic based products.
The Bottom Line
Finding the right baby powder for your child can be tricky. You want the product that is the safest, healthiest and cheapest, but sometimes that is difficult to find. We wanted everyone to have different options, so we thoroughly studied each and every baby powder on this list to make sure we had something for everyone. There are organic baby powders, natural baby powders, cornstarch baby powders and the list goes on.
Now we want you the readers to do your own research. We want you to read this review and ask yourself, what do I want my baby powder to do? And what are the ingredients I am looking for in my baby powder? Once you answer these questions you will find your perfect fit. From our research, we found that the Baby Anti Monkey Butt Diaper Rash Powder and the Ora’s Amazing Herbal Baby Powder to be the best received baby powders on the market. They were both highly rated on Amazon, contain natural and organic ingredients and did what they were suppose to do. Overall, you should try a few from the list and pick the one your baby has the best reaction to. After all, it is your baby’s decision!
In the past, most baby powders contained talcum as the main ingredient. But due to its controversy, many baby powders today contain naturally derived ingredients such as corn starch. Other components you can find in a baby powder include calcium hydroxyapatite and fragrance.
Yes. Baby powders are generally safe, except those that contain talcum as the main ingredient. Controversy surrounds the talc-manufactured powders as most people argue that they can potentially cause severe lung damages and breathing problems when inhaled in large quantities. However, baby powders with natural organic ingredients are generally healthy.
If your baby suffers from diaper rashes, baby powder can be an excellent remedy for that situation. You should consider using baby powder when you notice rashes on your baby's body. It can also help to remove unwanted moisture and body irritations.
You should apply baby powder every day after every diaper change. Remember to wash the newborn before applying the powder to prevent powder build-up that can cause skin irritation. Wash away the powder accumulated in your baby’s skin folds.
There is no definitive way to use baby powder, but you need to be extra cautious when applying it. First, apply the powder to your hands to prevent the baby from inhaling it. You should do that away from your nose, eyes, and baby. With the baby powder on your hands, pat it on the baby's legs and not directly on the genitals.
The cost of the baby powder depends on its size and brand. Large-sized baby powder tends to be more expensive than small-sized baby powder. The cost of a 4-ounce baby powder ranges from $3.30 to $7.00, depending on the brand and ingredients of the powder.
Baby powder generally consists of either talc or cornstarch. Eating dry powder may sometimes result in chocking and indigestion. The baby powder containing talc as the main ingredient is poisonous to the body. If inhaled while eating the powder, talc can result in severe breathing problems.
Talcum powder is a finely ground talc mineral. It contains many elements with moisture-absorbing properties, making it an ideal component for cosmetic products. Baby powder, on the other hand, contains either cornstarch or talc powder as a moisture absorbent.