10 Best Baby Play Mat Reviews of 2019
10 Best Baby Play Mat Reviews of 2019
Every parent wants a safe, stimulating, and colorful surface for their baby to enjoy. In addition, if it keeps your baby happily engaged for several minutes to a couple of hours, let’s just say, it’s every parent’s dream come true.
The Bottom Line
We all want it, but do we need it? We say Yes! A baby play mat is one of the most effective ways to ensure that your child’s development and entertainment needs are being fulfilled while your arms get the much needed rest.
Except, choosing the right play mat for your child can feel extremely overwhelming with the wide selection of products and information available. Several concerns need to be satisfied before selecting the right product: Is the play mat visually stimulating and interactive enough to keep the little one busy? Does it have the necessary features that will aid to the little one’s healthy development and enhance their motor and cognitive skills? Is it tried and tested for safety, with enough positive reviews from other parents? Is it within the budget? And this is why we decided to do this review. All of the baby care play mats in this review include the very best, keeping the safety of your child and the quality of the product in mind.
From play time to tummy time, you can get all of this with just one purchase: A baby play mat.
A baby play mat, also widely known as a baby play gym, a baby activity mat, a baby foam mat, or a tummy time mat can be an extremely useful addition to your child’s life. These baby mats can add to your baby’s sensory and cognitive skills with the colorful toys and delightful themes. They can also be used for supervised tummy time, an activity endorsed by the American Academy of Pediatrics, which can help strengthen your child’s head, neck, and upper body muscles. Tummy time also strengthens motor skills required for rolling over, crawling, and reaching objects.
Now that it’s established that a baby play mat is the perfect all in one toy/gym for your little one, in this review we gathered the best baby play mats that we think you and your baby will love.
All products for this review have been chosen after extensive research, and reading through numerous consumer reviews and report. Apart from being the highest quality products available by leading brands, these play mats are also the top rated among majority parents. Further, all items reviewed conform to the guidelines established by the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Best Baby Play Mats At A Glance
Before we dive into a detailed review of each play mat, below you will find a quick overview of the 10 best baby play mats we selected especially for you.
Infantino Grow-with-me Activity Gym and Ball Pit
This baby play mat provides hours of enjoyment, and the pop-up mesh keeps your baby safe and secure. Activity toys with varying textures and sounds are also part of this visually pleasing activity gym, specifically designed to enhance your child’s motor and cognitive skills.
- Baby floor mat and ball pit in one
- 40 lightweight colorful balls stored inside the turtle’s head
- Includes plush toys of varied textures and sounds, and a baby safe mirror
- Pop-up mesh to create ball pit and provide extra safety
- Four linkable toys of varying textures
- BPA-free teether
- Not machine washable
- Some parents consider it a bit small in size
Surround your kid with 360 degrees of entertainment by keeping the toy arch attached when using as a ball pit
One of the best sellers on Amazon, and definitely one of our top choices for your baby.
Fisher-Price Rainforest Music & Lights Deluxe Gym
The removable toucan is the star of the rainforest baby play mat that your little ones can take everywhere with them, even to bed for some nighttime lullabies.
- Over 10 toys and activities, with loops for more, including music and lights to keep the little one entertained for hours
- Includes a variety of plush toys, toys that crinkle and spin, and a baby safe mirror
- Short and long music play mode of up to 20 minutes
- Detachable toucan
- Interactive play mat that responds to the baby’s movements
- Not machine washable
- Batteries not included
Move around the linkable toys for a whole new perspective of the rainforest for your little one
Use the removable toucan for bedtime lullabies
You will not be disappointed with this product whether you use it for play time or as a tummy time play mat.
Fisher-Price First Steps Kick and Play Piano Gym
The baby piano mat literally responds to the little one’s tiny kicks – great introduction to cause and effect. Just for added motivation during tummy time, this baby play mat brings the fun to the floor with all the toys linkable to the loops in the mat.
- Four activity toys including plush toys and toys that crinkle, and a large baby safe mirror
- Toys can be looped to the floor piano mat during tummy time
- Piano mode and continuous play mode with adjustable power/volume control
- Removable take along piano and removable toy arch
- Extra padding for an extra comfortable mat that doubles as protection from the hard floors
- Comes in two colors (white and blue) with batteries included
- Not machine washable
- Some parents consider it a bit small in size
Use a wet cloth to clean the piano play mat
The Fisher-Price piano mat is a smart product, and is widely loved by parents, children, and us. Well worth the price.
Infantino Twist and Fold Activity Gym
Plus, as the name suggests, it is ideal for travel as the gym arms fold in three easy steps; push and click, twist, and fold.
- Four linkable toys of varying textures and sounds, a large baby safe mirror, and a prop up pillow
- Large baby play mat with detachable toy arch
- Folds up in three easy steps for travel or storage
- Comes in three colorful themes to your child’s liking
- Some parents find the pillow slippery against the polyester mat floor
Air dry the baby floor mat instead of tumble dry
You will love this product, especially if you travel a lot with the little one, or if you like to reclaim your space at the end of the day.
Skip Hop Baby Treetop Friends Activity Gym/Playmat
You will hear nonstop giggles and witness endless drools as your baby discovers their reflection in the baby safe mirrors all around. But not to worry! This baby play mat is machine washable – which we all love.
- 17 varying activities for the baby to choose from including 5 linkable toys on the arch, activities on the floor mat of multiple sounds and textures, and baby safe mirrors on the toys and floor mat
- Plush prop up pillow for additional support
- Circular mat with detachable arch that converts into a large baby tummy time mat
- Extra loops (a total of 13) on the arch to hang additional toys
- Does not come with toys that play music or light up, but can be bought separately and linked to the additional loops
Spot clean the floor mat and machine wash the toys
Good quality, simple, and an effective baby play mat for your little one.
Bright Starts 5-in-1 Play Activity Gym, Your Way Ball
The Bright Starts play mat is great for keeping your little ones busy for hours. The only reason this play mat is lower on our list is because of the smaller sized ball pit. At the same time, this baby play mat is machine washable, ease of which a lot of parents cannot ignore.
- Converts in to a ball pit with 35 colorful balls safe for teething, and a cute take along carry bag
- Comes in two different colors (pink and green), together with matching hanging toys of varying textures and sounds, a pillow, and a baby safe mirror
- Electronic elephant with lights and over 20 minutes of delightful melodies
- Machine Washable
- Pillow too flat to provide appropriate support
Use the ball pit for extra toy storage when you child grows out of it
Again, you cannot go wrong with a ball pit. Plus, you have the option to choose a color.
Baby Einstein Caterpillar and Friends Play Gym
The toys are large enough in size for the baby to grab easily, and eight different classic melodies keeps the baby entertained for hours. Compact, light, and easily portable for your little ones to enjoy wherever they go..
- Eight linkable toys of varying textures and sounds, and a large baby safe mirror
- Large take along and motion activated star shaped electronic toy with eight different melodies
- Loops on the floor mat to link additional or existing toys and to keep the baby busy during tummy time
- Light and easy to fold for carrying
- Machine Washable
- The toys are a bit big in size and therefore, hang too low on the arch
Let baby floor mat air dry for extended life
Hang the electronic star on the bouncer or crib to play sweet melodies for the little one
Budget friendly and versatile. Great product for parents who do not want to spend too much money and yet have a play mat that can be used for both, play time and tummy time.
Baby Care Play Mat
Specifically designed for growing kids, this playroom floor mat has no arches or complicated set-up. The extra cushiony surface prevents babies and children from serious injuries when they are learning to crawl and walk. Additionally, these mats are full of vibrant colors and educational illustrations.
- Large, waterproof, and cushiony children’s play mat that comes in 17 different colors and themes for every age and gender
- Non-toxic and eco-friendly: Made from 100% recyclable materials, BPA free, Free of Phthalate, Lead, Latex, Formaldehyde, and EVA
- One piece baby play mat, colorful and vibrant on one side, flip it, and it’s an alphabet foam mat
- 2 year free warranty!
- Portable – rolls up for easy storing
- No varying textures or toys for babies to enhance cognitive skills
Use this tested cushiony baby play mat to cover your children’s entire room when they start walking, and enjoy an injury free transition
A non-toxic play mat that can be used for years to come, justifying its price.
SoftTiles Interlocking Children's Foam Play Mats
The foam play mat is definitely on the pricier end, but can be a worthy splurge for parents to show off as a statement piece in their kids’ room. Additionally, the foam play mat tiles are designed with close attention to detail with regards to child safety and are non-toxic.
- Large, superior quality designer baby foam floor mat that comes in 10 unique and non-traditional color combinations including orange, brown, lime, and white
- Interlocking puzzle floor mat, thick, and durable
- Non-toxic: Formamide, BPA, and Phthalate free
- Injury proof – dense baby play mat with sloped borders to prevent the child from tripping over
- Not accompanied with any toys
Place a baby swing or slide on top of the baby foam mat for a worry free playtime and safe landing
This baby play mat will not go unnoticed by your friends.
Tiny Love Meadow Days Super Mat
While this baby play mat may look simple, with no arches or hanging toys, it has five distinct activities spread across the mat. As an added bonus, the play mat is machine washable, a definite ease for a mat this large.
- Infant play mat with fun and several engaging textures, teether, and a detachable baby safe mirror, build onto the play mat
- Plush padding allows for it to be used indoors or outdoors
- Portable – easy to fold and carry
- Comes in two distinct themes
- Big enough for the baby and parents to sit together and enjoy
- Machine washable
- No dangling toys for when the kid is on his/her back
This baby play mat may be too large for a home dryer, so better to air dry to avoid any mishaps
Budget friendly, versatile, and large enough for the whole family to enjoy.
Get Free Samples Delivered to Your Door!
Net Parents wants to help you get free samples from top-rated brands. It couldn't be easier!Sign Up for Free Samples
Roller skates are not all the same. First, it's important to think about your child's age and level of experience. The best roller skates for a 4-year-old is not the best for an 11-year-old, for example. If you're looking for roller skates for a 4-year-old, then you should look for ones that offer the best balance and are a bit bulkier, for added protection. Second, the best ones are not just the ones that are the flashiest. Ultimately, function trumps fashion.
The best roller skates for girls and boys conform to the same standards. The best are those which provide the best speed, movement, and agility functions. If they are compatible with different types of terrains, then these will most likely also be durable and good for a variety of skating challenges. The best roller skates for toddlers will be good for balance and come with protective gear because you'll be saving more money in the long run.
You're now on the hunt to find where to buy roller skates for kids. There are so many places that sell them. Amazon, Target, Dick's Sporting Goods, SkatePro, and the list goes on. You can find them at most department stores, but online stores like Amazon have a range of roller skates for 3-year-old boys to roller skates for 9-year-old boys. Also, when you're looking where to buy children's roller skates, keep in mind that online stores do offer the best and most brands and design types.
The best way to choose among the plethora of options is to narrow down. First, you can narrow down your options by age. Which age group are they good for? Are they roller skates for toddlers or roller skates for 6-year-olds? Second, there are different types such as kids' adjustable roller skates and there are those that don't adjust, which means you have only one size option if that isn't a problem for you. After you narrow down your options based on needs and specifications, read reviews and save some for later to compare all the best ones!
Cheap roller skates for kids are not hard to find. But since you'll want a 5-star product, you should plan on spending a bit more, though there are high-rated ones that are under $50. Another thing to keep into account is the size and color you're buying. Amazon will often give a price range, meaning that it'll be cheaper for smaller sizes and more expensive for larger sizes. When you're looking at roller skates for a 10-year-old or older, they may be the same size as the smallest adult so you can expect to pay a bit higher for those.
The best roller skates for kids that are adjustable are those that can fit up to 4 different sizes. These are ideal for fast-growing children. Generally, roller skates of this fashion tend to be bulkier since they have more features involved. Since you may have to compromise a bit on the light feel of the skates, finding a fairly light pair of adjustable skates will give you the best of both worlds.
This is an important factor to consider for your child because it can make a difference in their experience. Bulkier ones weigh around 3-6 lbs. Little kids' roller skates and ones that are lace-up only will be lighter, weighing around 1-3 lbs. Bulky skates are only a problem if you want to do tricks or have the goal of speed in mind.
Lace-up skates tie the same way as regular shoes. You put the lace ties through the holes on both ends, and cross each end to the other side, putting them through those holes. However, some come with buckles and velcro. For buckles, it's a matter of snapping on or off and the velcro is the same as velcro shoes, which can be tightened a bit for a better fit.
It's quite simple if you have beginner roller skates for kids, which come with front brakes. Point the brake on one foot towards the ground, and with the other continue pointing forward. By this method, you will smoothly come to a gradual stop.
It's a good idea to switch to rollerblades once your child has built up confidence with the skates. Since blades have only 4 wheels in the middle, it will require more balance ability. If your child is quite young, then it's recommended to start them off on skates, so it's easier and safer. Once they are older and have experience then you can switch to blades. Also, give them a helmet and knee pads to start, because it will give both you and your child peace of mind that they're safe as they are starting.
Kids' roller skates are a must-try for all kids! In contrast to rollerblades, not only can you use them on the sidewalk or at parks, but also in indoor rinks and to do cool tricks with them! If you're feeling retro vibes, this is a fun activity for the whole family to enjoy! For toddlers to preteens, there are roller skates for all. If you're struggling to get your kid active, then this is what will get your kid hooked on active pastimes. You can get a purely a simple one or a fashionable one, but in any case, your kid will adore the fun exercise!