10 Best Baby Lotions Reviews of 2019
10 Best Baby Lotions Reviews of 2019
There’s no doubt about it, babies have sensitive skin that requires tender love and care! Every product that you use on your baby should be safe and make their skin feel well nourished, smooth and soft.
It is important to apply baby lotion to your baby’s skin to keep it moisturized. There are several baby lotions available, and each one comes with their own unique characteristics and benefits.
Just imagine yourself in your favorite drugstore standing in front of the massive baby products section. Choosing the right baby lotion for your special little one can definitely be overwhelming with so many products available, it sure makes it difficult to figure out where to start. There are baby eczema creams, lotion for sensitive skin, alcohol free baby lotion, fragrance free moisturizer, organic baby lotion, hypoallergenic lotion for babies, just to name a few! To help in choosing the best baby lotion, we have compiled a list of them for you to use on your baby. We know you want to keep your baby’s skin moisturized and protected from any harsh chemicals. The only baby lotions you’ll find in this review are those that are dermatologically tested by pediatricians and meet or exceed the FDA’s standards for safe use of infant care products.
So whether you are looking for a hypoallergenic lotion and fragrance free moisturizer or a lotion for sensitive skin, we’ve got you covered with some of the best baby moisturizers, organic baby lotion and best baby eczema creams available for 2019. We hope you find this review informative and valuable as you make your decision!
10 Best Baby Lotions At A Glance
Before we get into a more detailed look at the best baby lotions, here is a quick overview of the features of the 10 baby lotions we think you’ll want to check out. Remember it is always a great idea to try any product chosen on a small area of baby’s skin to check for any reactions.
- Aveeno’s baby lotion is an ideal lotion for sensitive skin because of it formula. It also contains a oatmeal blend that will soothe babies’ dry skin
- This is one of the best baby lotion’s because it will quickly absorb into babies’ skin
- The ingredients used to produce this product will protect babies’ skin from cracking and becoming chapped
- Doesn’t contain any drying alcohols and won’t clog babies’ pore
- This baby lotion is hypoallergenic and is tested, approved and highly recommended by pediatricians
- Can be sticky when applying to babies’ skin
- The pump is poorly designed and has been known to break
- Product has been known to squirt out of bottle before opening. So make sure you don’t use it and return it for a
- Replacement from the place of purchase
Aveeno has created a great product to use on babies, especially those with sensitive skin. This baby lotion is lightweight and isn’t oily and will moisturize you baby’s skin for up to 24 hours.
Aveeno’s baby lotion is specially designed for babies with sensitive skin. It is one of the best baby lotions you can use and is often the product of choice for newborns. It will leave their skin feeling soft and moisturized.
- Recommended by pediatricians and dermatologists for eczema, eczema prone skin or irritated dry skin
- This is one of the best baby eczema cream’s parents can use on their babies skin because it’s formula will correct their skins pH and prevent additional skin flare ups
- This baby eczema lotion is steroid and fragrance free
- Locks in moisture and keeps babies’ skin hydrated
- This baby eczema cream relieves babies’ irritated skin with the use of oatmeal that is gentle on their skin
- Only provides temporary relief. Effective for babies with mild to moderate eczema
- May take a few applications before baby feels relief and parents notice a difference in the look of babies’ skin
- Be cautious about applying around babies’ eyes. Follow instructions on how best to remove if it does get in your babies’ eyes
The Aveeno baby eczema cream is a recommended and great product to use if your baby has eczema or eczema prone skin. It is proven to be effective on all skin types if needed. This cream is gentle and won’t burn the affected area when applied. Great eczema cream to use during the winter when skin is usually really dry.
It can be hard for parents to see their little one deal with skin issues. As one of the best lotions for baby’s eczema, it is one of the safest lotions to use on babies’ skin. It will soothe, improve, and prevent any future breakouts of dry skin.
- Aquaphor lotion protects baby’s dry skin from moisture loss and reduces dry skin from returning
- This baby lotion is fragrance free and is ideal for babies who have sensitive skin
- This baby moisturizer is a great remedy for diaper rash as results occur in a few hours
- The formula of this baby lotion has been created to remain on babies skin for several hours
- Available in different sizes
- Contains ingredients not recommended for babies (mineral oil and lanolin alcohol)
- May give a slight burning sensation to sensitive skin when applied to rashes, may be uncomfortable for your baby
- Has a similar consistency to petroleum jelly products
This is a great ointment to use if your baby’s skin is irritated. It is pediatrician recommended. It doesn’t leave a mess or residue after applied.
Aquaphor lotion is a great remedy for protecting and healing your baby’s irritated skin. If the product is tolerated by your baby and doesn’t sting, you will see fast results after applied.
- Cetaphil Baby Eczema lotion hydrates baby’s eczema prone skin
- This baby eczema lotion quickly absorbs into baby’s skin without leaving a greasy residue
- Has been rated as one of the best baby eczema cream’s parents can apply to their baby’s dry and itchy skin
- This Cetaphil Baby Eczema lotion can be applied to baby’s skin as often as needed
- May require several applications before results show
- Feedback identifies the product being expensive for 15oz. bottle
- Has been reported to cause a long lasting burning sensation when applied to affected area
Cetaphil Baby Eczema Calming Lotion does the job. It will help with soothing your baby’s eczema and will significantly improve their skin.
It is a good consistency, not too thick and not too liquid or greasy. This baby eczema lotion will absorb quickly into your baby’s skin. It will help with relieving your baby’s eczema.
- Cetaphil Baby lotion will moisturizes and protects babies skin from dryness
- This baby lotion contains organic almond, calendula and sunflower oil that will smooth and soften babies’ skin
- This hypoallergenic lotion contains the necessary and recommended vitamins that will help maintain babies’ healthy skin
- Dermatologists and pediatricians have recommended Cetaphil Baby Lotion as one of the best baby lotions because it doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals that could cause babies to have an allergic reaction
- Has a stronger scent which may be unwanted
- Yellow in color and may stain clothing
There are mixed reviews about this Cetaphil baby lotion. Compared to other baby lotions, this one is a little thinner, has a mild scent and is a yellowish color. It’s a personal preference for parents if they want to use this product.
This is a good alternative if you want to try a different baby lotion. It will leave your baby’s skin feeling soft, moisturized and won’t leave their skin greasy.
- Scientifically developed to slowly release moisture into baby’s skin throughout the day
- Cerave baby lotion will help maintain and protect baby’s sensitive skin
- This baby lotion will keep babies skin and moisturized for up to 24 hours
- This baby moisturizer contains ingredients that will soothe and repair baby’s skin from any skin conditions such as eczema
- Small bottle, doesn’t last long
- Even though it’s unscented, parents have reported that the product has a rather unpleasant scent
- Pump can break easily
Cerave baby lotion is great to use on babies who have normal to dry skin. It is highly recommended by dermatologists and pediatricians. This lotion can also be used with eczema creams; it can assist in clearing it up. It is also ideal to use on your baby during the winter, it will keep your baby’s skin moisturized.
This is a great lotion to use. Many parents have reported that it helps keeps their baby’s skin moisturized and isn’t too thick. It is also ideal to use on babies who have eczema.
- Johnson and Johnson baby lotion helps restore the lost of moisture from babies skin
- This is one of the best baby lotions because it keeps babies’ skin soft and prevents dryness
- Johnson and Johnson baby cream contains mineral oil and is water based, making it ideal for babies’ dry skin
- It’s light formula makes this an ideal baby lotion for parents to use every day on their baby’s skin
- It’s also one of the best baby lotions because it is paraben free
- Not recommended for really dry skin, doesn’t contain enough moisture
- Very thin and more like liquid and is a different formula from what customers are use to purchasing or remember when they were younger
- Johnson and Johnson baby lotion does not provide babies skin with a protective barrier
Did you know that baby’s sensitive skin loses moisture two times faster than adults? Johnsons and Johnsons baby cream is able to make your baby’s skin soft and moisturized day and night. It is also the #1 baby lotion used in hospitals.
This is a great lotion to use on your baby. It has been around and used for years! It is gentle and soothing on baby’s skin! It has a nice fresh scent. You can’t go wrong with choosing to use this lotion on your baby. It is also a product that is good for all ages.
- Mustela baby lotion is one of the best baby lotions because it protect babies skin from becoming dry by locking in moisture
- This baby lotion will not leave babies skin feeling grease after it is applied
- Mustela baby lotion spreads and absorbs quickly and easily into babies’ skin
- Made to moisturize babies’ sensitive skin for up to 24 hours
- May be thought to have a strong scent
- May cause a rash or eczema flare up depending on the baby’s skin sensitivity
Mustela baby lotion provides a lotion that will keep baby’s skin looking and feeling healthy. There products are clinically tested and meet the requirements that will ensure parents they are using a safe lotion on their baby.
This baby lotion is another great option to use on your baby’s skin. This product has been around for over 60 years, they have created a product that will leave their skin feeling nourished and protected.
- Safest baby lotion, is 99% natural and 70% certified organic and plant based
- This baby lotion is ideal for all skin types including babies who have extremely dry, sensitive or eczema prone skin
- This lightweight and organic baby lotion is non toxic, vegan, plant based, biodegradable, gluten free and hypoallergenic
- Will keep babies skin hydrated for up to 24 hours
- This baby lotion contains lavender which is one of the best anti-inflammatories that can help relieve babies skin from rashes, burns and can prevent scaring
- It is different from other organic baby lotions because its grease-free and doesn’t leave a oily residue on babies skin
- Avoid applying around eyes, nose and mouth
- Smell can be too strong for some babies
Many parent reviews have said how they like this is one of the best organic baby lotions available to use on their baby. This is also a great lotion to use before nap and bedtime. Its calming scent will relax your baby and put them right to sleep!
This is a great organic baby lotion product to use on your baby; it can also be used on children of all ages. It is also a great all-natural baby lotion to use if your baby has dry skin. If you want to try a new lotion on your baby, give this one a try!
- Earth Mama’s organic baby lotion is recognized as the best baby lotion to use on babies who have sensitive or eczema prone skin
- This baby lotion doesn’t contain any parabens, mineral oil, petroleum that can cause harm to a baby’s skin
- One of the best lotions for newborns parents can use because it isn’t greasy and won’t leave an heavy film on baby’s skin
- Will keep baby’s skin hydrated and smooth for a 24 hour period
- Parents have said this organic baby lotion helps relieve babies’ skin from rashes and eczema
- The lavender scent of this baby lotion may be too strong for some babies
- Some reviews have stated that the product they received was opened, if this occurs contact and return to Amazon
- Some children may have an allergic reaction to this organic baby lotion
Usually parents try several different brands of baby lotion before settling on one that will meet their baby’s needs and won’t cause an allergic reaction. This organic baby lotion will feel great on baby’s sensitive skin.
It is recommended to only use a little bit (dime sized) on a baby’s skin and rub it into their skin. It will moisturize and hydrate baby’s skin without causing irritation
Earth Mama Calming baby lotion is one of the best organic baby lotions. It will leave their skin feeling smooth and smelling wonderful. The ingredients used for this baby moisturizer are safe for baby’s delicate skin!
The Bottom Line
Choosing the best baby lotion for your baby will go a long way to keeping their skin healthy and happy especially if their skin is prone to being very dry, rashes and other irritations such as eczema. Whether using lotions for sensitive skin, organic, fragrance-free or hypoallergenic, putting baby lotion on your baby is part of a special routine your share with your baby as they grow.
We have presented our top 10 products your consideration. To help you with your decision, the following three products would be our winning choices from this review.
Our number one is Puracy Organic baby lotion. Puracy is made of all natural products, easy to apply and has the calming scent of lavender and grapefruit for both baby and parent. Cetaphil Baby Eczema Calming Lotion stars as the number two pick. It is recognized for its ability to powerfully sooth and protects sensitive skin including babies prone to very dry/eczema type skin. With these features it would be great for any skin type and great value for the cost of the product. Last but not least of our top three choices is a tried and true product, Johnson and Johnson baby lotion. It is gentle on the skin while providing overall moisturizing properties and a calming baby scent. This baby lotion is great value for money. A bonus with this product is that it can and is used by any age group with sensitive skin.
Now, with our 10 best baby lotions review and three stand outs as suggestions, we trust that you will not be overwhelmed when standing in front of all the choices in the drug store and will easily select one of these products that is best tailored to satisfy your baby’s needs!