8 Best Baby Bouncers Reviews of 2020
8 Best Baby Bouncers Reviews of 2020
We’ve all been there: you’re making sure that our little ones still gets the human love and attention that they deserve, all the while trying to wash the dishes, make dinner and finish up that assignment from work.
To make balancing these tasks easier, there has been a rise in baby bouncers from brands such as Fisher-Price, Bright Starts and Babybjorn, ranging anywhere from traditional kinetic mechanisms to high-tech vibration and educational systems. There are so many different kinds out there that it can be overwhelming to choose which one will suit your little loved one the most. But, fear not! We’ve scoured the Internet high and low to bring you what we feel will be the Top 10 Best Baby Bouncers of 2019, and we really mean the best of the best. Want something to carry with you between the house and the car? We got you. What about something for the older infant who’s ready to learn about how the world around them works? Yup, we got that, too. We even surveyed the most common pros and cons of each and every product, from thousands of individual customer reviews, all so you can be rest assured that you’ll choose from the best of the best. If security is still a concern for you, you can check out the Safety Standards for Baby Bouncers from the US National Registry.
Best Baby Bouncers At A Glance
Before we get into said details, however, a quick overlook on how we chose to rate the following ten products and how they fared against each other! For reference, “FP” is short for Fisher-Price. Want to know what the “N/A” means? Read down below for details!
Babybjorn Bouncer Balance Soft
- Developed with pediatricians – regardless of how it looks, you can be reassured that it is safe for use with your baby
- Can fold into 4 different positions, including totally flat
- Compact (weights less than 5lbs) and the 100% cotton cover is machine-washable and safe for exposure to children
- Grows with your child – can be converted into a soft chair with a restraint system when the child outgrows it
- Much more expensive than other bouncers in the market, or even on this list
- Cotton is a fabric known to shrink – the cover can be difficult to put back onto the frame after a wash
- Wash in cold water and dry the cotton cover on low heat or by hang-drying it to avoid shrinkage
- Adjust the bouncer manually before placing your child into the seat to avoid any potential hazards (regardless of what the product photos show)
You’re paying for security as much as the quality – the Babybjorn is the only bouncer on this list that has been developed with pediatricians.
KidCo GoPod Activity Station
- Versatile design – just enough incline for both napping and playing with the parents
- Hands-free rocking motion motor – powered by rechargeable batteries
- Foldable for easy storage and transportation
- Also comes with 12 songs and 3 sound effects
- The rocking motor has been known to be a bit delicate, but can be fixed easily by replacing the motor’s band with a thick hair-tie
- The motor is known to be quite loud to some babies
- The GoPod comes with a locking button – if you want them to stay put, use it to safely keep them in place
- Always adjust the height of the GoPod according to your child’s growth to ensure safe balance even when they begin to run around
It’s definitely not a traditional bouncer, and it’s not for everyone. But, if you’re looking for something that you can take everywhere with you and make exposing your child to the outdoors easier, this is definitely something to look into.
Fisher-Price Luv U Zoo Jumperoo
- A bouncer that encourages interaction with the child – bouncing in the seat is met with gleeful music, sounds and lights
- Built on a sturdy steel frame that safely stands freely on its own, making playtime an open experience for your child
- The seat can spin 360-degrees, allowing your baby visual and interactive freedom while still being supported safely
- Adjusts to three different heights, with a maximum height of 32” and a maximum weight of 25lbs
- Great for playtime, not so much for naptime – no head or back support as it’s designed to keep babies moving
- Difficult to transport and/or store – cannot be folded down, so initial placement of the Jumperoo is key
- The Jumperoo is recommended for the fast-growers – taller babies will find this bouncer to be more to their taste
- Don’t exceed manufacturer recommendations in maximum height and weight – this will increase the risk of hazards
The Luv U Zoo Jumperoo is a great activity station to start your child on the path of tactile learning, all while you catch up on your chores.
Evenflo Exersaucer Bounce & Learn (Zoo Friends)
- Seat can make a full 360-degree turn, allowing your child to explore the world around them while secure
- 3 different height adjustments – max height: 30”
- Built-in toys emphasize development of exploration skills and gross/fine motor skills
- Small and lightweight, making it super easy to carry with wherever your child wants to go
- Lightweight and portable, but not collapsible – keep that in mind when moving between rooms
- The mainframe is made of plastic instead of metal and cloth like previously mentioned bouncers
- Adjust the height of the Exersaucer according to your baby’s sitting height
- Place the Exersaucer on a level surface – the balancing legs underneath the bouncer is only designed for minor inclines
The Evenflo Exersaucer Bounce & Learn is a great way to get your child excited about learning and, so long as your doors are wide enough, are also great to be taken around the house without the setup.
Fisher-Price Infant-to-Toddler Rocker
- Adjustable deep cradle seat that’s comfortable and colourful
- An adjustable toy bar that can be removed easily, so your little one can play with the toys out of the seat, too
- Removable seat cover via an underside buckle – machine-washable
- Maximum weight higher than most other products on this list: 40lbs
- Some assembly required – not just the “clip-on and go” kind, either
- As with other vibration models in this list, the vibrating motor has been known to be too loud for first-timers
- Even though the weight limit is higher than 25lbs (at 40lbs), it is still recommended that children eventually grow out of the product by 36 months or so – larger children might roll out easily
- Always lift from either the sides of the bouncer or from the head of the seat to avoid damage to the toy bar
If you want something colorful and vivid for your excitable child, the Fisher-Price Infant-to-Toddler baby bouncer is most certainly a recommended product! An added bonus is definitely the higher-than-market maximum weight limit of 40lbs.
Fisher-Price Sit-Me-Up Floor Seat
- Simple yet colorful design to keep the baby entertained – comes with two linkable toys hung forward to encourage the baby to stand on their own
- Seat pad is removable and machine-washable
- Folds up flat for compact storage and easy transportation
- Wide and sturdy base with a soft pad at the bottom to protect your little one’s soft bum
- Casual design encourages the baby to interchange comfortably between sitting and standing up on their own
- It’s not a one-size-fits-all seat – manufacturer recommends 25lbs, but some parents have experienced trouble getting their kids in and out of the seat
- Designed for older infants who are already able to support their own spines – there is no head support and very little for their backs
- Even when you have the energy and time to play with your child, try utilizing the seat! Showing them how to play with the toys will encourage them to try reaching for the toys themselves when left alone with the seat
- Tilt the seat back a bit when moving your child in and out of the seat – going straight in will make it difficult and uncomfortable for your baby
If you need a baby bouncer that you can also enjoy as a parent, definitely consider the Sit-Me-Up Floor Seat. It will encourage your child to exercise their legs on their own.
Baby Einstein Activity Jumper (Special Edition: Neighborhood Friends)
- Secure support seat with added height and padding for your little one’s extra comfort while learning and playing
- 360-degree rotating seat for a wide view of their world, accompanied by a plethora of educational toys
- 4 battery-powered activity stations: a piano with activating lights, classical melodies, language-learning in English, French and Spanish, and more!
- Toys are removable and aren’t tied down to the station, continuing the learning experience even when your child doesn’t want to stay in their seat
- 5 height settings – grows with your child
- Seat-pad can be easily removed and is machine-washable
- Not portable or collapsible for easy storage, and is quite large and bulky
- Support seats come with tight and strong springs, so there is a minimum weight requirement of 15lbs
- Not designed for sleeping in – has no back or head support
- Little Einstein is known for their educational products – use it as a way to encourage learning during playtime
- Interact with your child as they play on this baby bouncer – it’s the kind that needs their attention and maybe even some initial guidance as they learn something new
The general thought of a baby bouncer is that they should be for naptime, but as the Baby Einstein Activity Jumper proves, they just need to be preoccupied while you go and complete your non-baby tasks. If you want an enriching experience for both you and your child, we recommend this baby bouncer!
Bright Starts Playful Pinwheels Bouncer
- Comes with a removable toy bar with cute animal characters – and it can be removed easily with one hand
- Battery-powered vibration motor is known to be much gentler than other company’s products’
- Easy-to-clean fabrics
- Easy assembly
- Easy to transport and lightweight
- The toy bar is too easy to remove – if it’s a concern, consider additional methods for securing the bar
- Not collapsible, so storage might be an issue
- When lifting the baby bouncer, carry it by the edges of the sides for a good grip and good balance while your little one is inside
- This product is designed for infants in their early stages of childhood, so when your child begins to outgrow it, move onto using the toy bar more than the rocker, and consider using it as a play-seat instead
The Bright Starts Playful Pinwheels baby bouncer is bright, colorful and full of personality. Aside from its ease of use and versatility, it’s also designed with the safety of your little one in mind, and is unbelievably more affordable than most products on this list.
The Bottom Line
Whether you’re a Babybjorn fan, a Fisher-Price fan or someone who’s trying to look for something new like a Bright Starts, we hope that this list of carefully-curated top-10 list of baby bouncers was of the utmost help to you. In the end, whatever choice you make, it’s your little one that gets the final say: check to make sure that options like vibration motors, music and sounds, certain toys, and certain fabrics like cotton or polyester are comfortable for your little one. And fear not about the price – we made sure to cover all of our bases in that respect, too! So, make your choice with confidence, and prepare to go out into the world and own it – your little one will be rocking it out, too.