10 Best Baby Bottles Reviews of 2019
10 Best Baby Bottles Reviews of 2019
Feeding a baby from a bottle isn’t always as simple as we would like to think. Breastfed babies will likely be picky about the shape of the nipple, and even as parents you might find some bottles too difficult to fill and clean. How do you find the perfect baby bottle for both you and your little one?
Well, don’t worry, because we’ve found the best baby bottle for you! We’ve gone through the most popular baby bottles on the market and we found that these ten stood out as the best. Whether you’re breastfeeding or formula feeding, each of these bottles will give your baby the best possible feeding experience, no matter how picky they may be!
Bottle design is incredibly important to ensure that your baby can drink both easily and safely. We want what’s best for your baby, so we made sure to pick only the safest products for your little one. All of these bottles are BPA-free and free of any other harmful chemicals, so you can be sure that your baby is consuming only the nutritious milk they need. Additionally, they are designed with a venting system to reduce gas and fussiness.
Best Baby Bottles At A Glance
Of course, we all have different needs and preferences. Check out this comparison chart before you dive into the details of each baby bottle to get an idea of which one might be the best for you.
Philips Avent Anti-Colic Baby Bottle
- Easy to clean
- Reduces your baby’s gas and reflux
- Wide neck makes it easy to pour formula into
- Nipple is great for breastfed babies—easy latching and no nipple confusion
- Some users did not receive the slow flow nipple that was advertised and received medium flow instead, which is too fast for a newborn
- Some users had issues with leaking
Double check the nipple size that your order comes with before your first feeding. If you did not receive the correct size, you can buy them for reasonably cheap.
This Avent bottle is easy for the baby to use, reduces colic without all the extra pieces, and is easy to clean. Overall, a great buy that your baby is almost guaranteed to love.
Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Bottle
- The nipples are designed to be as similar to a breast as possible, which makes for an easy transition for breastfed babies
- Size and shape of the bottle makes it easy for your baby to hold it themselves
- Easy to clean and easy to use
- No leaks!
- The venting system does not prevent gas as well as the competitors
- The nipples collapse for some users
Help your little one get the last few drops of milk out of the bottle by completely inverting it to allow the milk to flow over the ridge in the middle.
The Tommee Tippee bottle is great for breastfed babies because of its natural nipple shape. You can switch easily between bottle and breast without causing nipple confusion. Great baby bottle!
- Nipples are designed for the baby to easily latch onto
- Soft silicone bottle can be squeezed and massaged to flow milk through the nipple
- Dual venting system decreases gas and colic in your little one
- Durable and long-lasting
- Sometimes leaky
- The bottle can collapse if not assembled properly since it’s silicone
Double check that the cap is fastened tightly—it can sometimes be hard to tell and can get messy if your baby starts drinking with a loose cap!
The Comotomo bottle is one of the best bottles for breastfed babies on the market. Although more expensive than some competitors, the similarity of the silicone bottle to a breast is something that no other product offers. Babies can hold it easily and squeeze it as they please. Worth the money!
Lansinoh mOmma Bottle
- Vertical grooves inside the nipple to prevent it from collapsing during feeding
- Nipple is soft and flexible
- Easy to clean
- Easy for your baby to latch onto and does not create nipple confusion
- Slow flow nipple flows too quickly for some newborns
- Venting system not as effective as some competitors
Have extra bottles lying around that your baby didn’t like? Luckily, this Lansinoh nipple will fit on other wide neck bottles including MAM, Joovy bottles, and Dr. Brown’s bottles.
This breastfeeding bottle seems to be the perfect choice for a picky baby. Because of the feel and function of this nipple, breastfed babies have no problem taking to this bottle. Plus, this is one of the cheaper options for bottles so it won’t break the bank!
Evenflo Glass Baby Bottle
- Easy to clean
- Very durable
- Twist design makes it easy to hold during feeding and cleaning
- Slow flow nipple is great for newborns
- Can be leaky
- Bottles could break when warmed (be sure to read the guidelines carefully to avoid this)
Worried about dropping and breaking the bottle? You can purchase a separate silicone sleeve for it for added security.
If you’re looking for the best glass baby bottle, look no further! The Evenflo is a cheap baby bottle relative to its competitors but is equally as great. Easy to clean and easy for your little one to drink from, you can’t go wrong with this choice.
Dr. Brown’s Bottle
- Venting system is very effective in reducing gas and reflux
- Nipples are easy to latch onto and control milk flow well
- Easy and natural transition between breast and bottle
- Great bottles for premature babies thanks to the slow flow and venting system
- Lots of parts to clean
- Can be leaky
To keep the bottle from leaking, don’t fill it up all the way to the maximum and be sure to wipe the rim before fastening the cap.
If your baby has issues with gas and reflux, these Dr. Brown’s bottles are an excellent choice. The extra parts can be annoying to clean, but they’re worth the extra trouble for your baby’s comfort!
Munchkin Latch Bottle
- You can pump right into the bottle from most major breast pumps
- Nipple is very similar to a breast in both feel and function to make for easy transitions between breast and bottle
- The set comes with 3 different nipple sizes so you don’t have to buy them as your baby grows
- Comes with a bottle cleaner and pacifier
- The vent doesn’t always work
- Bottles can be leaky
If your vent stops working, you can buy a replacement piece separately.
If the baby bottle works as it was designed to, then it’s fantastic. The nipple is great and the venting system is effective in reducing colic in your baby. They are also one of the best breastfeeding bottles because of how easy it is for your little one to transition between breast and bottle.
Playtex Baby Bottle
- Squeezing the air out of the liner before feeding effectively reduces colic
- Liners come pre-sterilized
- Nipple has a very natural shape and texture which is easy for breast-to-bottle transitions
- You can feed with the bottle in two different positions: straight or angled
- Bottle can leak if liner is not filled and inserted properly
- Rim is difficult to open
Be sure to boil the nipple and the ring before usage, which will make it easier to open.
These Playtex bottles are simple, easy to clean, and effective at reducing gas intake. Even though you do have to purchase additional liners, they’re definitely worth it.
Mixie Baby Bottle
- You can prepare the bottle in advance and pop the container open when you’re ready to feed
- Air vent on the side of the nipple helps reduce gas
- Compatible with other brand nipples including NUK and MAM
- Perfect for on-the-go feedings
- Water can leak into the formula compartment before you’re ready to mix (dry all the parts thoroughly to avoid this)
- Venting system isn’t as effective as other anti-colic bottles
The measurements on the side of the bottle reflect the amount of fluid only inside the bottle while the powder container is sealed. Once the container is opened, the measurements will be increased.
For formula-feeding parents, this baby bottle is an absolute must-have because of the convenience it offers.
Tinukim Hands Free Baby Bottle
- Great for on-the-go feedings while your little one is in the stroller
- They don’t leak unlike other hands-free bottles on the market
- Milk stays in the straw when baby stops sucking so they don’t have to start from the bottom each time
- Use either the hands-free attachment or feed like a regular bottle
- A lot of pieces to assemble and clean which can be complicated
- When going hands-free, baby may have trouble sucking milk all the way up the straw
If your baby is having a hard time getting milk into the nipple, tip the bottle to help it up. Once the milk is in the nipple, you’re good to go!
For busy parents, these hands free bottles are an amazing option. They are worth the extra time spent to assemble and clean because of the convenience of your baby being able to feed alone when you’re busy.
Get Free Samples Delivered to Your Door!
Net Parents wants to help you get free samples from top-rated brands. It couldn't be easier!Sign Up for Free Samples
The Bottom Line
All the products in this article are BPA free baby bottles, because we want your child to be safe and healthy. We have done our best to compile all the best baby bottles on the market based on safety, usability, and different needs for different parents. The baby bottle reviews that we’ve given you in this article showcase both The Good and The Bad so you know exactly what it is that you’re buying.
In terms of glass, the Evenflo is probably the best glass baby bottle out there because of its low cost, durability, and usability. When it comes to anti colic bottles for your gassy baby, the Comotomo bottle and the Playtex bottle are both great choices to reduce air intake. Additionally, both the Comotomo and the Playtext are some of the best breastfeeding bottles because of how they mimic the breast in both feel and function.
No matter what your needs are and what your budget is, one of these bottles will give both you and your little one a great feeding experience.