Diaper pails can be a source of dismay or a sigh of relief when there are no poopy diaper smells in the room! There are many diaper pails in the market that are structured to satisfy varied requirements and convenience needs of the parents. So how do you choose the best diaper pail? Till your new born is being breast fed, the diaper smell is quite mild. Things change when they start eating solid foods! That is when we think the true test of diaper pail begins. The most important factor while choosing a diaper pail is its ability to control odor- overall containment and how much odor escapes when it is opened to put a fresh diaper. However, the choice of a diaper pail is not just limited to odor control.
According to the article released by consumer reports, the choice of diaper pail depends on whether you use disposable diapers or cloth diapers. Diaper pail for cloth diapers should be dry, in which you put rinsed diapers till you do your laundry. However, it is advised to use wet bag for cloth diapers. Disposable diaper pail, on the other hand, may come with special liners or devices that remove or stem diaper odor or use along with regular garbage bags.
However, we also took into consideration, various other factors that get accounted while purchasing a diaper pail. What is the idle size for a diaper pail? What is its diaper holding capacity? Are they child-proof? Are they budget friendly? These are the most common questions parents have while diaper pail shopping.
We read through numerous opinions posted by parents and tried to encapsulate their experiences in our 10 best diaper pails reviews.
Best Diaper Pails At A Glance
Below is a brief overview of the diaper pails that we think you might want to take a quick look at.
|Product||Size||Convenience||Deodorizer||Capacity||Structure||Diaper Pail Liners||Childproof||Lids||Budget||Amazon Rating||Our Rating||Price |
|Ubbi Diaper Pail||Oval shape, fits into tight places||Yes||No. But locks the odour inside||Can hold upto 50 newborn diapers||Power coated steel||Not required||Childproof lock||Slides to minimize air disruption||No special bags, refills or inserts needed||4.2/5||9/10||Check Price|
|Munchkin Diaper Pail||35” when fully opened. Oval||Easy to use foot pedal||Yes. Lavender Scented||Can hold up to 180 newborn diapers||Plastic||Required||Child-proof trash can||Self-sealing system||It requires additional cost of inserts||4.1/5||8.9/10||Check Price|
|Safety 1st Diaper Pail||Diaper Pail dimensions are 15 x 10.9 x 18.4 inches||Yes||Disc is included||13 gallon bags||Plastic||Not diaper pail liners, but bags||Child-proof trash can||Spring loaded button opens the lids||uses standard plastic bags||3.9/5||8.5/10||Check Price|
|Playtex Diaper Genie Expressions Diaper Pail||9.4 x 12.1 x 27 inches||Foot Pedal||No. But odor control available||About 270 newborn diapers||Plastic||Required||NA||Push button lid||Requires refill bag||3.5/5||8/10||Check Price|
|Dekor Classic Diaper Pail||12.2 x 21 x 8.8 inches||Hands free||No. Refills have baby powder scent||40 newborn diapers||Plastic||Required||Childproof lock||Triple odor control mechanism||Requires liners||4.1/5||8.8/10||Check Price|
|Baby Trend Diaper Champ Deluxe Diaper Pail||14.4 x 21.6 x 10.9 inches||Easy to use||No. But odor control in place||Up to 30 diapers||NA||Not required||NA||Superior odor control||uses standard plastic bags||3.8/5||8.7/10||Check Price|
|Busch Systems Cloth Diaper Pail||11.38"L x 11.38"W x 14.25"H||Easy to use||No||7 gallons. It can hold upto 24 pre-folds and wipes||Recyclable Plastic||Requires wet bags||NA||Handles that lock the lid in place||Little expensive||3.8/5||8.8/10||Check Price|
|Dekor Plus Diaper Pail||24 x 15 x 11 inches||Hands free||No||Can hold up to 60 diapers||ABS Closed cell Materials||Required||Yes||Rubber gasket on the lid||Requires refills||4.1/5||8.9/10||Check Price|
|Tommee Tippee Simplee Diaper Pail||16.4 x 11.6 x 10.1 inches||Easy to use||No||Can hold up to 180 diapers||Plastic||Diaper pail Refill bags required||No||Smart seal lid||Yes. But additional refills required||3.5/5||8/10||Check Price|
|Diaper One and Done Diaper Pail||6 x 6 x 11 inches||Easy to use||No||10-15 bags||Plastic||Comes with diaper disposal bags||No||No lid||Budget friendly||4.6/5||8.5/10 ||Check Price|
View on Amazon
It was really difficult for me to select a diaper pail and I am very happy that I bought this one. It is great that these are available in various colors.
Ubbi is Amazon’s Choice for diaper pails. It has received 6 prestigious awards confirming its high standards of quality and design that would benefit the parents. This diaper holder is available in an array of colors including a choice from their limited edition colors.
- No special bags, refills or inserts are required with the Ubbi diaper pail saving time and money
- This diaper trash can is made of powder-coated steel to achieve maximum odor control
- Rubber seals that are strategically designed to lock in odors as well as a sliding lid that minimizes air disruption
- Child safety lock
- Many customers experienced foul smell when the pail was opened. The odor was contained when it was closed.
If you have trouble with opening the sliding door, apply gentle downward pressure.
Hassle-free, good looking and efficient diaper pail. Totally recommended!
View on Amazon
William L.B IV
I would highly recommend this product to anyone who are very sensitive when it comes to bad smell of poo. It has amazing quality and it spins the bag to further remove the smell.
Powered by Arm & Hammer, this diaper pail combines odor control with modern aesthetic look. Being environmentally conscious, Munchkin plants a tree for every diaper pail sold.
- Easy-to-use step pedal allows you to hold your baby in your arms while disposing the diaper
- Patented technology twists your refill tight each time you close the lid for complete odor elimination and no stink blast
- This diaper holder has child-proof locking system
- Compatible with both rings and snap, seal and toss bags
- Some parents felt that plastic material used to make the pail was not strong enough
If you are using ring bags, knot the bottom of the bag and make sure some of the bag above the knot touches the bottom of the diaper trash can.
If you are looking for a diaper pail that has a great size, durability, aesthetics and convenient to use, then look no further!
View on Amazon
This product is highly satisfactory. Has enough space which can easily last a week of multiple diapers a day.
This is a one-step diaper disposal system. It has a simple design and a great utility.
- Easy one-hand use mechanism on this diaper trash can
- Budget-friendly as you can use standard plastic bags with this diaper pail
- Deodorizer is included
- Customers found that it does not hold the smell
Scented kitchen bags work further to mask smell, if that issue persists.
This is the best diaper pail if you are on a budget.
View on Amazon
The previous design was perfect as it took more diapers than this one. Still I love this due to the fact that it holds the smell in better than the other products, and opening it with your foot is a bonus.
The Diaper Genie is a fully assembled diaper pail that makes diaper disposal quick and hassle free. It is a tall pail for no-bending and has an ergonomic design easy and hygienic opening.
- This diaper pail is ready-to-use with installed pre-size refills that hold upto 270 diapers
- Naturally activated carbon filters absorb and lock odors
- Air tite clamp seals odor away in case of this diaper holder
- Foot pedal allows parents to hold their babies while disposing the diapers
- Some parents thought the body of this diaper pail could have been sturdier.
This diaper pail works great to lessen the smell of diapers, is convenient to use, hygienic even if it is a bit towards expensive side.
View on Amazon
We love this diaper pail. Haven’t had any issues with smell coming from it. The good thing is the refills are not that expensive.
Dekor hands-free diaper pails promise a hands-free and hassle-free diaper disposal on a budget. It is made of ABS Closed-Cell material that won’t absorb odors, resists scratches and will not rust.
- The diaper pail has convenient door-mounted child-proof safety cutter to remove refills
- Spring loaded trap door traps odor
- Rubber gaskets on the lid keep odors from spreading into the room
- Self-closing whisper lid
- The customers thought the refill bags were difficult to install or remove.
If you are using a cloth diaper in reusable liner, remove the small opening for easier disposal
This diaper pail makes diaper disposal very easy, contains diaper odor well and is well within the budget.
View on Amazon
The best thing about this is that you can use any bag. Colors are nice and hold the smell very well.
This diaper pail comes with superior odor control and uses any 13 gallon trash bag.
- Holds up to 30 diapers
- No assembly required
- This diaper pail might not contain smell once the baby starts growing
Many parents found it convenient to collect the pee diapers in the smaller deposit section and flip the handle for poo diapers to avoid bad odor.
This diaper pail contains odor and is very budget friendly.
View on Amazon
This easily hold twenty four diapers and also saves you from the smell. I will be utilizing this for all my babies!
Busch Systems diaper pail are made from recycled plastic and are eco-friendly. It is becoming increasingly popular among eco-aware parents. Using cloth diaper wet bags increases the effectiveness of this diaper pail.
- The only diaper pail specifically made for cloth diapers
- Carbon filter lets air in and keeps odors from escaping
- Teddy Bear filter cage holds carbon filter and screws together through hole in the lid
- The size of this cloth diaper pail was an issue with a few parents and thought it was too small
Change the carbon filter once a month on this locking trash can.
Even if this diaper pail is on the expensive side, it works very well for cloth diapers, effectively holds the odor and does not smell.
View on Amazon
Works great! The easiness of selecting the size of trash bag is amazing and it also keep the smell in without any issued.
Dekor Plus is “Amazon’s Choice” of diaper pails. It is great for cloth diapers and is phthalate free, latex free and lead free.
- Are 100% hands-free
- Convenient foot pedal- no squishing, twisting or cramming
- Equipped with child-proof lock
- Effective triple odor control that keeps smell in the pail
- Rubber gaskets on the trap door and the top lid tightly seal odors inside
- The diaper pail absorbed the diaper odor and the smell remained even after emptying it in some cases.
Tie individual diaper bags need to be placed properly for it to be airtight and not smell
This diaper pail is hands-free, cost effective and one of the most loved diaper pail brands of the parents. Totally recommended!
View on Amazon
No doubt, this is the best of the rest. Very easy to use and it also is sturdy.
Tommee Tippee, UK based brand, was awarded Superbrand status in 2013. It innovates to provide comfort for babies and peace of mind for parents in 45 countries around the world.
- Multi-layer film and a smart seal lid keep nasty odors contained
- Smart lid makes diaper disposal simple and is easy-to-use
- It is compact and convenient to place
- Film contains antibacterial ingredients
- Simple to empty the diaper pail
- Some customers were dissatisfied with size of the diaper pail. It was too small.
If you find the refills expensive, you can wrap garbage bag around the empty refill cartridge.
Affordable, easy-to-use, and odor free diaper disposal!
View on Amazon
This is just awesome. NO SMELLS! Simple to use and worth the money.
The concept of this diaper pail is different than all the others. It is intended to hold soiled diapers for short periods of time and then dispose the bag in the regular trash bag. This diaper holder requires a prompt and consistent diaper disposal system. It comes with money back guarantee.
- The hooks position the unit so it is accessible at all times
- The diaper trash bags are specially designed to lock in odors
- The diaper bin is designed to be flexible allowing you to fit multiple dirty diapers
- Some parents thought that the diaper pail actually turned out to be more expensive in the long run
Compared to some more complex systems, Diaper One And Done diaper pail is easy to use, easy to empty, and easy to clean.
The Bottom Line
Choosing the right diaper pail can make managing diapers a less of a chore. Diaper pails that use their own liners or refills do a better job of concealing odor. However, they also cost more. Look for diaper pails that have secure lids and are child-proof as they can be hazardous to children. If a child falls into the pail, getting out could be a problem. Capacity of the diaper pail is also a factor that you should consider while investing in it. The diapers holding capacity claimed by the manufacturers may vary as the diaper size starts increasing. Also, diaper tend to stink more if they are not disposed quickly and efficiently. Hence, your diaper pail size should be determined by optimum capacity and your willingness to change the dirty diaperbags frequently, as that could be considered an additional chore. Diaper pails like Munchkin, Dekor and Playtex come with foot pedals. Mommies can now dispose diaper with one hand while holding their babies in another. That is a win win! To sum up, the true test of a diaper pail will begin only after you start using it. We only hope that our analysis of the best diaper pails available in the market was useful in helping you make a right choice!
Copyright © 2019 Net Parents. All Right Reserved.