Last updated on January 31st, 2019
Diaper rashes, unwanted moisture and irritation are all displeasures that come with changing your babies’ diaper. That is why baby powder is the best solution for these problems. Baby powder is the best way to combat all these issues, as well as keeping your baby feeling fresh at all times. What is difficult nowadays is the bevy of baby powder options you have to choose from.
So you may be thinking to yourself how do I pick just one from these hundreds of options? Well we have narrowed it down for you to just ten of the best baby powders the Internet had to offer. In this review, we researched a variety of baby powders that have earned only the best reviews from its consumers. The reason these baby powder products are so well loved is they are created by trusted companies and only use the best ingredients in their products. While some of these baby powders do contain talc, a controversial ingredient, most of them do not and actually contain natural organic ingredients only. We included the talc baby powder purely as a different option. For some parents this is important and for some its not, it really depends on you the consumer. The best baby powder for your child is just one click away.
Best Baby Powders At A Glance
Before we go on to our detailed discussion of the different kinds of baby powders, below we have complied a brief overview of our picks for your convenience.
View on Amazon
Highly recommend this powder, been using this for years. It helps avoid rashes from diaper specially at the time of summer season. I utilized it for my kids and now use it myself.
Johnson’s baby powder is probably the most well known baby powder out there on the market. This particular formula is a talc free powder that includes aloe vera and vitamin e, which ensures your baby will be left with the softest skin. As well it contain cornstarch to absorb the moisture and to keep your baby dry. Parents can feel safe using this cornstarch baby powder on there little ones.
- Will keep your baby dry so they feel comfortable in their diaper all day and night
- Absorbs moisture well so your baby does not end up with a diaper rash
- Aloe vera and vitamin e to soothe the skin
- Great smell for a talc free powder
- Includes medicated cornstarch to ensure your baby will not end up with any rashes
- Some customers found the top of the bottle of this talc free baby powder to be too small for dispensing the right amount of powder
Even though many customers did not like the small top of the bottle, others found it dispensed enough baby powder at a time
This diaper powder is perfect for new parents trying to find the right formula for their little one.
View on Amazon
I have used various other powders and not one of them come close to smell as nice or as soft. This is a great product for moms. My girls won't let me change a diaper without using this powder.
Since Johnson’s baby powder is so popular, we of course had to include another formula by them. This particular baby powder is the classic formula that has been around for many years and was probably used by our parents on us when we were babies. It comes with that classic scent that takes us back to a time when we were younger, which you can now share with your child. This baby powder includes talc, but is clinically proven to be gentle and mild for your baby’s skin.
- Helps reduce friction and irritation so your child does not experience any discomfort
- Clinically proven to be gentle and mild on baby’s skin
- Softer texture compared to some other baby powders that are a little rougher in texture
- Contains the classic baby powder scent
- Unfortunately it is not a talc free powder
This baby powder comes in different sizes giving you the option to pick how much you need depending on your usage of the powder.
A Johnson’s baby powder with the standard scent is a classic you cannot go wrong with.
View on Amazon
Great substitute to talc. Nice smell and smooth feel on skin. Best price available on Amazon.
Natural baby powder has been really popular nowadays because parents have become so aware of what is in the products they give their children. This Burt’s Bees natural baby powder is ideal for those parents who are aware of the potential harm certain ingredients can have on their child’s health. This baby powder contains natural ingredients such as leaf cell extract, bark powder, flower extract, and cornstarch, so you as a parents can sleep at night knowing your child is safe from any harmful ingredients when using this baby powder.
- Contains naturally absorbent cornstarch instead of talc so your baby is feeling fresh all day
- Non-irritating and safe for your baby’s skin; the ideal baby powder for diaper rash
- Keeps skin dry and comfortable in between bath time
- An amazing baby powder without talc
- A nice, fresh scent
- Some customers found that this baby powder caused a rash on their baby’s skin
Purchase the 7 oz. bottle of baby powder instead of the 4 oz. because you get almost double the amount for only a few cents more
This baby powder is perfect for parents who do not want to use a powder that contains talc.
View on Amazon
This cream is free of Zinc, this is why I like it and does not coat the skin like similar diaper pastes which make it difficult to wash off. I also love that it turns to powder eventually.”-Cortney.
Not only does Burt’s Bees have an amazing regular baby powder, but they also have a great liquid baby powder. This product is the ideal baby powder for diaper rash because it is a combination of a diaper cream and baby powder in one. Ideal for busy parents who do not have the time for the messiness of a regular baby powder.
- Moisture resistant so your baby feels dry and comfortable all day
- Non-irritating on baby’s skin so you do not have to worry about diaper rashes
- A natural baby powder that is known for clearing up diaper rash
- Convenience of a cream to powder makes diaper changes quick and easy
- This baby powder combo is zinc-free so your baby does not feel coated in too much product
- Some customers said this natural baby powder separated and left an oily residue on the skin
In order to avoid the oily residue it is important to shake the bottle before using this baby powder.
This diaper cream and baby powder combo is perfect for parents who find a straight powder to be too messy for them.
View on Amazon
This is by far my most liked baby powder. It works so amazingly. If his skin starts getting irritated I utilize this and it normally clears up right away.
The Nature’s Baby Organics powder is one of the best organic baby powders currently on the market. This product will leave your baby’s skin feeling soft and clean without using any harsh ingredients. This organic baby powder contains no synthetic chemicals nor does it have any chemicals or ingredients from animals. Natures Baby Organic baby powder is the perfect choice for the vegan parent.
- High absorbent to avoid diaper rash and any other kid of discomfort
- Contains no synthetic chemicals ideal for the parent who loves organic products
- Vegan; no chemicals or ingredients from that many come from animals
- Very gentle on the skin, perfect for your baby’s delicate skin
- An unscented baby powder for anyone who doesn’t enjoy a strong scent
- Some customers didn’t like the texture of the baby powder
- Container is small compared to other baby powder competitors
This is the perfect natural baby powder for parents who are really into vegan and organic products.
Even though the product is a little pricier compared to other brands, we have to remember this company is using the best ingredients and that comes at a price.
View on Amazon
This baby powder is the best when it comes to protecting! Clears up a rash in a single day! It worked when I sprinkled it on the diaper!
The Gold Bond cornstarch baby powder is one of the best cornstarch baby powders we have researched. This product is incredible at preventing and treating diaper rash without using any of the harsh chemicals found in most baby powders.
- Contains medicated cornstarch instead of talc to absorb any unwanted moisture
- Keeps baby clear and dry throughout the whole day until bath time
- Decent price for the amount you get
- Not super dusty compared to other baby powders on the market
- Some customers did not enjoy the strong scent of this talc free baby powder
Both parents and their baby can use this talc free powder to get rid of any unwanted moisture; perfect for multiple uses.
Perfect for the family on a budget who are consistent buyers of baby powder.
View on Amazon
Amazing product! The ingredients are all natural, organic and it works fantastic!! Additionally it is packaged beautifully. Highly recommended!
Era Organics have created an amazing baby powder many parents adore. This baby powder is perfect for parents who use organic products, in general, and price is not really a problem. Era Organic baby powder will help keep your baby’s skin healthy and feeling soft. We found this product to be one of the best organic baby powders.
- An amazing organic baby powder without talc all parents could get behind
- Fragrance free for parents and babies who sensitive to scents
- Organic ingredients so you can feel safe using this baby powder on your baby’s delicate skin
- The ingredients used are non-toxic and hypoallergenic
- Perfect for babies with sensitive skin who need something more delicate
- The bottle of baby powder is a little too small for the price you are paying
If you live an organic lifestyle and don’t really care about price this baby powder is ideal for you.
Even though it is quite pricey many customers found this product to work miracles on their baby’s skin.
View on Amazon
Love that it doesn’t have any talc and smells so lovely. Must buy!
Ora’s Amazing Herbal baby powder is one of the best natural baby powders found on the Internet. What makes this baby powder is so great is it’s free of parabens, talc, grains and fragrances, so you can feel comfortable using this product on your baby. Plus this baby powder is not tested on animals! This organic baby powder is definitely one to try.
- Comes in two different scents, unscented and vanilla amber, that many customers enjoyed
- A huge plus is that this is a talc free baby powder
- Includes amazing organic ingredients such as arrowroot and plantain
- Gets rid of odor and moisture so you baby is smelling good and feeling fresh all day
- Soothes irritated skin right away without drying out you baby’s delicate skin
- Dispensing lid is a little small for the amount of baby powder you need to get out for one use
Buy the single diaper powders instead of the three pack because it is cheaper to buy a single three times then all together.
This baby powder is pricey, but with this product you do not have to worry about your baby ingesting any toxic ingredients.
View on Amazon
One of my favorites. I am a mother of 5, and this is certainly my go to powder for delicate skin and rashes from diaper…this is simple to apply after every change, and smells amazing.
The Baby Anti-Monkey Butt baby powder was one of the top rated baby powders we found on Amazon. This product was marketed more as a baby powder for diaper rashes, with ingredients such as calamine powder to soothe the skin.
- Includes calamine powder and cornstarch which helps soothe you baby’s skin well
- A talc free baby powder so you don’t have to worry about you baby ingesting any harmful chemicals
- Specially formulated to absorb moisture leaving your baby feeling dry and comfortable
- Bang for your buck
- Some customers noticed this bottle of diaper powder only comes half full
Buy the three pack instead of the two pack since it’s a better bang for your buck.
Through our research we found this product to be the best baby powder on the market.
View on Amazon
This all natural baby powder is perfect. It isn’t only for children as my daughter is almost three and we are still utilizing it! And I like that it has natural components and no heavy smell. A bit pricey but worth it.
This talc free baby powder contains all-natural ingredients like fluffy cornstarch and moisture absorbing bentotite and kaolin clays too keep your baby feeling dry and fresh until their next diaper change. Organic & sustainably grown ingredients are also included so you don’t need to worry about what your baby is ingesting.
- Contains organic and sustainably grown ingredients without any harmful chemicals found in other baby powders
- A talc free powder you can feel comfortable using on your baby
- Contains a calming aroma therapy blend that will soothe you baby into a deep sleep
- Gentle on the skin; perfect for delicate baby skin
- This baby powder is has a higher price tag compared to it competitors
Stick with the single bottle of baby powder and buy as you need it since it’s so pricey.
Perfect for a family who only buys organic based products.
The Bottom Line
Finding the right baby powder for your child can be tricky. You want the product that is the safest, healthiest and cheapest, but sometimes that is difficult to find. We wanted everyone to have different options, so we thoroughly studied each and every baby powder on this list to make sure we had something for everyone. There are organic baby powders, natural baby powders, cornstarch baby powders and the list goes on.
Now we want you the readers to do your own research. We want you to read this review and ask yourself, what do I want my baby powder to do? And what are the ingredients I am looking for in my baby powder? Once you answer these questions you will find your perfect fit. From our research, we found that the Baby Anti Monkey Butt Diaper Rash Powder and the Ora’s Amazing Herbal Baby Powder to be the best received baby powders on the market. They were both highly rated on Amazon, contain natural and organic ingredients and did what they were suppose to do. Overall, you should try a few from the list and pick the one your baby has the best reaction to. After all, it is your baby’s decision!
Copyright © 2018 Digitally Savvy, Inc. All Right Reserved.