Last updated on March 18th, 2019
It is very important to take care of your skin starting at a young age. That is why parents invest in baby washes and baby soaps from the beginning of their child’s life. What most parents find difficult with this product is finding the right one. Since kids can suffer from dry skin, oily skin and even eczema, buying a suitable baby wash can be problematic.
Don’t worry because we are here to help you find the best baby body wash or soap that will work for you. So you may be thinking to yourself where do I start on my search for the best baby wash? Well we have narrowed it down to just ten of the best baby body washes the Internet had to offer to make it easier for you. In this review, we chose only the baby soaps and washes that received a majority of positive reviews compared to the negative. The reason why these baby washes are so well loved is they are created by trusted companies who only use the best ingredients in their products. We included a variety of different baby washes such as organic baby soap and wash, natural baby soap and wash, eczema baby wash, and so on. From this list, you are sure to discover a baby body wash that will be perfect for your child.
Best Baby Body Washes and Soaps At A Glance
Before we go on to our detailed discussion of the different kinds of baby washes and baby soaps, below we have complied a brief overview of our picks for your convenience.
View on Amazon
The best soap I have ever used for my baby boy. It really helps in keeping the skin moisturized. I would highly recommend this!
The first baby soap to make the list is this Aveeno baby wash for dry and sensitive skin. This soap for sensitive skin will help your baby achieve soft to the touch skin with just one use. This product is the best soap for sensitive skin.
- Leaves skin moisturized for up to 24 hours so you know your baby’s skin will feel smooth all day
- Specially formulated for babies meaning this baby body wash will definitely do the trick
- This baby wash is pediatrician recommended
- You don’t have to worry about a crying baby because this baby wash is tear-free
- Fragrance-free so you don’t have to worry about any unwanted smells
- Some customers said the baby wash left a unsightly soapy residue
Perfect for babies who develop dry skin, as they grow older.
A great price for a baby wash that helps dry sensitive baby skin.
View on Amazon
I am so happy that I found this product. It works great for heat rash. It helps keep the baby comfortable all the time.
Eczema is a common skin condition that is not only found in adult, but babies as well. This eczema baby wash by pHisoderm is one of the best baby washes for eczema on the market. This baby wash will keep your baby feeling comfortable and its skin silky smooth.
- Designed to be gentle and non-irritating for your baby’s extremely delicate skin
- Doesn’t dry or strip body of its essential moisture like most baby washes often do
- Formulated for babies so you don’t have to worry about your child breaking out into any rashes
- One of the best body washes for sensitive if your child suffers from that
- Nice baby powder scent you and your baby will love
- Unfortunately this baby soap is not sulfate or parabens free
This product is ideal for babies with eczema since the baby wash is so gentle and moisturizing.
The best soap for dry skin that is perfect for babies with sensitive skin conditions, such as eczema.
View on Amazon
Amazing product I must say. It worked amazingly for my little one. You should not look anywhere else and buy this.
The first organic baby wash to make it on the list is the 2 in 1 California Baby body wash and shampoo. This baby wash is one of the best organic baby washes the Internet had to offer. It is GMO-Free, Triclosan-Free, SLS-Free and sulphate-free so you can feel good about using this product on your little ones.
- Naturally derived cleansing ingredients that are not harmful for your babies delicate skin
- Light scent of pure essential oils that will relax your baby, which is perfect for bedtime
- Formulated for baby’s who suffer from sensitive skin and need a baby wash that does not aggravate their skin
- Allergy tested so you know your baby will not react baby to this product
- Contains a vegan formula
- Some customers didn’t like the smell of this baby wash
- Customers also found the packaging to be made a little flimsy
Since this is a hypoallergenic soap, parents don’t need to worry about their child being allergic to this baby wash.
Great for parents who don’t want to break the bank, but also a product that you know is safe enough for your baby.
View on Amazon
My friend recommended this baby wash for my daughter and I am happy that I bought this. It does not cause any kind of irritation on her delicate skin. The fragrance is nice too.
Another Aveeno baby soap makes the list that is great of for all skin types. This baby soap is ideal if your child suffers from allergies and requires a hypoallergenic body wash. This baby wash is guaranteed to keep your child clean and smelling fresh.
- Gently cleanses without drying out your baby’s skin
- Soothing natural oat extract that helps soothe your baby’s skin leaving it soft to the touch
- Pediatrician recommended, meaning you cannot go wrong with purchasing this baby wash
- Allergy tested to make sure this product will not irate your child skin
- Contains a nice fresh fragrance that will relax your baby into a pleasant sleep
- Some customers said the baby soap irritated their child’s skin
If you are someone who doesn’t love strongly scented baby washes, but want something more light this is perfect for you.
The ideal combination baby wash at a good price that parents will love.
View on Amazon
This body soap is amazing! It works great for sensitive skin! I would recommend this to other parents!
You can never go wrong with a classic like the Dove baby bar. This baby soap bar is great if your child does not suffer from any serious skin conditions like eczema. It is ideal to use this baby soap when your child has normal, oily or dry skin. This product will have your baby feeling great in their skin no matter the skin type.
- Hypoallergenic soap that is sure to not irritate you baby’s delicate skin
- This product is PH neutral so you do not have to worry about this soap removing any natural oils
- Pediatrician tested so parents can fell comfortable using this product
- A gentle and nourishing baby soap that leaving your baby’s skin feeling exceptionally smooth
- Made with ¼ moisturizing cream for the ultimate nourishment
- Helps skin retain its natural moisture
- Not an ideal baby soap for babies who suffer from eczema
This product is the best soap for dry skin on the market for your baby
All in all you can never go wrong with a Dove baby soap bar.
View on Amazon
It is a perfect product if your little one has eczema. I loved the scent it has. Easily the best shampoo I have ever bought.
A natural baby wash like this one from the Burt’s Bees baby line is perfect for parents who look at the ingredients in there products. This baby wash is designed to not only keep your baby’s skin feeling nourished, but also keep your baby safe from harmful chemicals. If you are looking for the best natural baby wash, this is definitely one to consider.
- Non-irritating formula that shouldn’t cause any unwanted rashes or other skin irritations
- Natural plant based cleansing complex with soy proteins that should leave your baby’s skin feeling very smooth
- Contains a fresh scent that is not too strong
- Clinically proven to be safe and effective for daily use so you don’t have to worry about this baby wash being too harsh on your baby’s skin
- Sadly, this baby wash is not allergy tested so you must read the ingredients label before purchasing it
This product will make bath time easy since you can use it as a baby wash or a shampoo.
If you are a parent who loves natural products, this baby bath soap is definitely for you.
View on Amazon
I have used Johnson’s for all my babies. They don’t burn the eyes and also smell great.
Johnson’s baby wash is another classic many parents flock towards. This particular one is a great hypoallergenic body wash that is very popular among parents. It contains no parabens or dyes and is formulated to be as gentle on the eyes as water. It is no surprise that this baby wash is apart of Amazons top choices.
- Gently cleanses your baby’s skin without drying it out or stripping it of any moisture
- Formulated for sensitive skin, which is perfect if your baby suffer from any sensitive skin conditions
- Dermatologist tested so you feel safe knowing this baby wash shouldn’t irritate your baby’ skin
- Contains ingredients that allow this product to be hypoallergenic
- Includes their famous no more tears formula
- Some customers didn’t enjoy the smell of this kids soap
Even though this baby wash is targeted for babies, many parents enjoy using this if they suffer from dry and sensitive skin. It is one of the best baby washes for sensitive skin on the market.
This Johnson’s baby wash is a trusted product all parents can feel good about purchasing.
View on Amazon
We have been using this brand from a long time. They are perfect if your child has very sensitive skin. The fragrance is very pleasant.
Another organic baby wash makes the list with Nature Baby Organics. Many organic baby soaps tend to strip the skin of its natural moisture, but this one doesn’t. This natural baby wash moisturizes the skin without any harsh chemicals. This is definitely one of the best organic baby washes you need to consider.
- Doesn’t dehydrate your skin or hair, rather it nourishes and cleanse your baby from head to toe
- No harsh chemicals so you don’t have to worry about this natural baby soap irritating your baby’s skin
- Made with certified organic aloe, calendula and chamomile that allow this baby soap to give your baby’s skin the ultimate nourishment
- Fresh coconut pineapple scent that is not too strong
- Even though the smell is very light, many customers still did not enjoy the smell of this natural baby soap
If your baby has sensitive skin this product is a great organic alternative compared to the other non-organic products for sensitive skin. It its definitely one of the best natural soaps.
A decent price for a chemical free body wash.
View on Amazon
I have tried several other shampoos but this one works great for my son. The smell is nice and also doesn’t burn his eyes.
Although this product is not a purely organic baby wash, it contains organic calendula that is amazing for your baby’s skin. This Cetaphil baby wash is gentle on the skin, plus it leaves a fresh scent every parent will love.
- Cleanses your baby’s skin without drying leaving your baby’s skin protected and nourished
- Formulated with organic calendula that helps with keeping your baby’s skin smooth for a long time
- Dermatologist tested so you know this baby soap should not irritate their skin
- Contains ingredients that allow this item to be hypoallergenic
- Some customers said this baby soap did make their baby’s tear up if it got in their eyes
Many parents found this baby wash worked really well on their baby’s eczema.
Perfect for parents on a budget who want a good hypoallergenic body wash.
View on Amazon
It worked great for my baby’s eczema problem. It is very soapy. I would definitely recommend this to others!
Our last product is the ever so popular Mustela baby wash. This is the best baby wash for eczema on the market. This baby wash gently cleanses your baby’s skin without aggravating your child’s eczema.
- Safely and gently cleans your baby’s face and body without irritating their skin or stripping it of any moisture
- Specifically designed for babies and children who have eczema-prone skin
- Contains ingredients that allow this baby wash to be hypoallergenic
- Key ingredients such as avocado perseose and sunflower oil distillate that help with healing eczema-prone skin
- Relives sensations of irritation, itching and skin discomfort which are common side affects of eczema
- Unfortunately, some customers said this baby wash didn’t help with their baby’s eczema
If you have eczema it is important to use this baby wash on your baby to help prevent eczema early on.
This product is the best baby wash for kids suffering from eczema
The Bottom Line
Finding the right baby wash or soap for your child can be challenging. As a parent, you want to find the safest and most effective kids body wash, which can be difficult to find. We want everyone to have different options, so we carefully studied each and every baby soap on this review to make sure we had something for everyone.
Now we want you the readers to do your own research. We want you to read this review and ask yourself, what do I want out of my baby wash? And what are the ingredients I am looking for in my baby wash? Once you answer these questions you will find your perfect fit. From our research, we found that the pHisoderm Cream Wash and the Aveeno Baby Wash and Shampoo to be the most well received baby soaps on the market. They both received the highest ratings on Amazon and work well with dry and sensitive skin, a common problem with babies. Overall, you should try a few from the list and pick the one that is the most suitable for your baby’s skin. Happy washing!
Copyright © 2018 Digitally Savvy, Inc. All Right Reserved.