Last updated on December 2nd, 2018
Why do we parents take so enthusiastically to baby wraps? We scoured through many reviews on amazon to get our answers. Baby wraps help keep the baby snug, safe and comfortable. Not only are they wonderful for the baby, but baby wraps benefit the parents as well, and how! The most important benefit is its convenience. It keeps our hands free to do other work while the baby is on us. Many parents cited shopping, cleaning, working as examples.
Pediatric specialists also vouch for the efficacy and convenience provided by a baby wrap or a wrap carrier. Carrying your baby in this manner promotes bonding between the parents and child. They are each able to read other’s cues more effectively. Babies feel happier and there is less crying or colic. As a result, these infant wrap carriers can sometimes help babies to breast feed better.
Having a baby is an adventure unlike any other! It is such a profound gift that it can only be experienced and not be explained. Yet, in this adventure, parents performs rather tedious day-to-day activities for the well-being of her child. Some days are simple and sunny while others, difficult and stormy. Right from the time a child is conceived, they are anxiously involved in decisions regarding its room, clothes, prams and yes, even baby wraps. All she wants is for the baby to be happy, safe and comfortable. Keeping this mind, we have decided to put you already-anxious-parents at ease at least as far as the infant wraps are concerned.
If you think you are ready to buy baby wraps here is something to look at. We analyzed The Good and cons of 10 most popular baby wraps in the market and read through numerous reviews of the moms and dads who purchased them. Parents know what the best is for their baby. We only attempt to help you get your best!!
Best Baby Wraps At A Glance
Before we get into a detailed discussion on the different kinds of baby wraps, below is a brief overview of the wraps that we think you might want to take a quick look at
|Product||Carrier type||Versatility||Comfort (Parents)||Comfort (Baby)||Sturdiness||Ease of use||Nursing friendly||Easy to clean||Baby placement||Length of the wrap||Fabric||Child’s Weight/ age||Our Rating||Amazon Rating||Price|
|Boba Wrap||Wrap||One size. But it is long and is suitable as the baby grows||Simple tying style and flexible material forms allows for easy on and off||Creates a custom fit every time you tie the baby and is very comfortable||Soft and strong cotton knit is woven with spandex for durability, clinging support and shape retention that doesn’t sag with all-day use.||Yes. Simple tying and flexible material forms||Doable but not outdoors without air conditioning. Needs cooling cloth||No shrinkage of any kind||Facing the mother only||5.5 yards||Little thicker than jersey material||7lbs -35lbs||10-Sep||4.2/5||Check Price|
|Baby K’tan Original Baby Wrap||Ready to wear wrap||Comes in various sizes S,M,L etc But both parents cannot wear the same wrap||This ready-to-wear wrap baby carrier slips on like a t-shirt and is individually sized XXS to XL||Soft, cozy and snug||This baby wrap’s patented double-loop design and unique one-way stretch delivers the security and versatility||the wrap without the wrapping enables hassle free and easy baby wearing||Yes it is possible ||It shrinks with wash. It does stretch out again||Babies can be put in different positions as they grow||Based on specific sizes||Soft T-shirt material||5lbs-35lbs||8.5/10||4.1/5||Check Price|
|Moby baby wrap for newborn||Wrap||One size. But it is long and is suitable as the baby grows||The wrap is easy to put on, comfortable comes with instructions and picture guide||It is breathable, stretchy and comfortable fabric||Yes it is.||Mostly yes. But some found it to be too long||It is fairly easy since you can adjust positions with this baby wrap||Does not shrink and easy to wash and dry||There is more than one style to wrap the baby||5.5 mtrs||Cotton material||Newborn to toddler||8.5/10||4.1/5||Check Price|
|Infantino Baby Wrap||Sash wrap and tie baby carrier||It is adjustable so can be used by both parents||The wrap and tie design naturally adjusts to your own body and grows with baby for years of comfortable use.||The Sash is based on centuries-old style of baby wearing that allows for maximum comfort and flexibility||Natural seat is designed to offer a weight balanced carrying experience and lumbar support||It is very easy to use and the instructions detail out the method||Yes by manually adjusting the wrap||Easy to wash and dry||There is more than one style to wrap the baby||Long||Made with cotton and polyester ||8lbs-31lbs||8.9/10||4.2/5||Check Price|
|CuddleBug Ergo baby carrier||Wrap||It is adjustable so can be used by both parents||It is stretchy and very comfortable||Snug fit, gives good support to back and neck||Very soft and durable||Yes. No need to rewrap and adjust and easy to follow instructions||Yes by manually adjusting the wrap||Cold wash and low tumble dry||There is more than one style to wrap the baby||5 mtrs||Blend of French Terry Cotton and Spandex||2lbs-35lbs||8/10||4.4/5||Check Price|
|BundleBee Baby Wrap||Swaddling blanket||NA||Baby needs to be monitored||It is very snuggly, soft and comfortable||It offers good back support||Very easy to use||NA||Delicate/gentle cycle for washing and drying||NA||40 inches from corner to corner||100% Cotton with coconut fibres ||0-4 months||8/10||4.4/5||Check Price|
|Baby K’tan Breeze||Ready to wear wrap||Comes in various sizes S,M,L etc But both parents cannot wear the same wrap||Yes. It comes in various sizes to complement each body type||It is breathable, versatile and comfortable||Patented doubled loop design, cotton mesh fabric and unique one way stretch makes it sturdy and secure||Ready to wear out of box design which is hassle free||Yes. But you need to get the size of the wrap right||Easy to wash and dry||5 different baby positions||It is based on specific sizes||Cotton Jersey mesh knit||Birth to 35lbs||8/10||4.1/5||Check Price|
|Innoo Tech Baby Wrap||Sling carrier wrap||It is adjustable so can be used by both parents||The sling surrounds you and your baby’s spine. No tired or sore muscles||Excellent support to baby’s neck, head and back||Made from high-quality French Terry, a firm, tightly-woven 95% cotton, 5% spandex||No buckles or rings. it simply ties on with tapered ends design||It is a nursing baby wrap||Easy to wash and dry||There is more than one style to wrap the baby||4.5mtrs||High Quality French Terry good thickness||Newborns to 35lbs||8.5/10||4.5/5||Check Price|
|Hip Baby Wrap||Wrap ring sling||Can be used by both parents||It is comfortable and customers loved its bright colors ||Yes. The material is soft, breathable and lightweight||Yes. The material is like soft linen and sturdy||Very easy. Also offers a lot of freedom of movement ||Yes, it is very convenient. Video tutorials are available||Easy to wash and dry||There is more than one style to wrap the baby||78 inches||100% cotton and durable||Babies weighing 8lbs-35lbs||8.9/10||4.6/5||Check Price|
|Vlokup Baby Wrap||Wrap sling water baby carrier||One size fits all||No tired or sore muscles||Provides support for the baby’s head, neck and back||Yes||Yes. Very easy to use and comes with wrapping instructions||Yes||Easy to wash and dry||In facing||5 mtrs||Polyester||Babies weighing 8lbs-35lbs||9/10||4.1/5||Check Price|
View on Amazon
I am using this on daily basis with my infant. Most of the time he wants the comfort of being close and this helps me to still do my things around the house or manage things on the go. Definitely worth the price!
Boba baby wrap can be used from baby’s birth up to 18 months. It’s free of buckles, straps and snaps and ties up into the perfect fit every time.
- They are easy, comfortable and most importantly, the babies are loving it!
- The fabric is comfortable and soft.
- The baby wrap is 5.5 yards long and can fit women of all shapes and sizes.
- It is designed to comfortably and securely hold a baby weighing up to 35lbs.
- The mothers are able to wear their babies and not be hindered while cooking, cleaning, gardening, trekking or shopping.
- The material of this baby wrap can make it too hot for the mother and the baby during summers or without air conditioning
- Many mothers found nursing the babies a bit difficult. But there were those who were able to nurse in this baby wrap.
- The baby can be wrapped facing the mother only.
- If you are trying to settle your newborn or infant that cannot hold its head up yet and regretting buying this baby wrap, WAIT!! Try again when your baby grows a little bit.
This baby wrap offers every bit of comfort and security that a mother would want for her child.
View on Amazon
Perfect carrier for around the home, especially when your baby wants to be with you. Also be careful when selecting the size. I followed the guide and bought a smaller size. Had to send it back and ordered medium which fits nicely.
The second in the running for baby wraps, among the parents and the babies, is the K’Tan original. It is structured as a ready to wear wrap. This wrap carrier is made out of 100% breathable cotton and has unique one way stretch slips.
- Unlike Boba baby wrap, this wrap was found to be less confusing or frustrating and very easy to use.
- Parents can put the baby in various positions like the hug, cradle or kangaroo positions. This baby wearing wrap has been a favorite among the parents
- The material is very soft and comfortable
- The structure of this baby wrap makes it comfortable for the baby, see his surroundings and be held tight when asleep
- Sizing is a major issue with this baby wrap. Please make sure you follow their size chart. It also has been known to run one size small.
- Another issue is that unlike the Boba wrap, this baby wrap comes in various fixed sizes. If both parents want to use the wrap, you need to buy infant wraps that fit your individual sizes.
- If you feel this baby wrap is the best for your bundle of joy get connected with their customer service so they help determine the right size for you!
This is a great wrap overall if you get the size right!
View on Amazon
It is a bit hassle at first but once you are into it, feels awesome. It makes easier for me to rolling both ends to the middle point and then wrapping it from there.
Designed with versatility and comfort in mind, Moby carrier adjusts to grow with baby, from newborn to toddler. This baby wrap is comfortable to wear without the strappings of buckles or snaps.
- This baby wrap allows baby to be placed in different positions like facing in or facing out, unlike the Boba wrap. They have videos on many other different baby placement positions on YouTube
- The mommies found it very comfortable to nurse their babies in this baby wearing wrap
- The design and the wrapping method makes a very snug and well supported fit for the baby
- Many parents found this baby wrap to be extremely well made resulting in no discomfort or pain of any kind.
- The fabric is too long. As a result, it is a bit cumbersome to wrap the baby when you are in a hurry.
- Many parents did not find it very user friendly
- The fabric is too warm for any other weather but winters. This happy wrap is actually very warm and snug for winters.
- Multiple fabric panels can result in a very warm environment. It is noticed by the customers that a light onesie creates a cooler environment for the baby even in cold temperatures.
This baby wrap is worth the investment as it allows baby to be placed in multiple positions throughout their growth cycle.
View on Amazon
This is great. Takes 5 seconds to put on and is comfortable enough to wear throughout the day 🙂
This baby wrap adopts a centuries old style of baby wearing called Mei Tai. It is one of the best baby wrap carriers and allows you to customize your own look and feel.
- The buckle free tie and wrap design creates a natural custom fit for the body.
- The baby wrap supports the child ergonomically in three different positions: facing in, hip hugger and backpack
- Many parents found Infantino sash wrap cooler than other baby wraps.
- It was deemed to be more user friendly
- It has a snap on hood for sun protection
- The straps on this baby wrap were considered uncomfortable by some parents.
- The tying process was also viewed as complicated and confusing
- If you feel that your baby gradually slides down from this baby wearing wrap, make sure you tie the waist strap tightly.
This is an affordable, traditional style happy wrap that can perfectly cater to your babies need if you are into a budget buy.
View on Amazon
I really like this carrier! My daughter loves to be close to me all the time and this wrap makes it do able for both of us.
This baby wrap comes with a Lifetime Guarantee and can be replaced any time at zero cost. It has a sling carrier, nursing belt, a postpartum belt to support abdominal muscle recovery and heat regulation.
- The baby holder wrap is designed to be layered. The thickness and stretch of the materials allow for more supportive methods of tying as the baby grows.
- This baby wrap works the same as Moby Wrap in its function and comfort and comes at more affordable price.
- The long length of the wrap can be overwhelming
- Many mothers thought the neck support provided by this newborn wrap was inadequate
- It is recommended that you watch YouTube video tutorials along with the instructions that come along with this baby wrap.
The wrap is super stretchy, snug and perfectly comfortable. It is great for anyone who wants baby wearing wraps.
View on Amazon
My baby and I love this thing. He is two months old and will definitely fit into it for another month or two just as mentioned in the product description. High quality product!
BundleBee baby wrap is cute, soft and works like a portable baby bed. This is one of the best baby wrap for newborn to swaddle as per the parents who bought it.
- This baby wrap comes with built-in removable organic coconut fibre pad lining that provides support and protection to baby’s head and spine
- The feather light filling, in this baby swaddle carrier, keeps the baby cool in summer and warm in winters without over heating
- The happy wrap is snug with plenty of room to wiggle
- Great for babies who find the arms in swaddle very confining
- Some customers felt it didn’t match unto the quality described by the company in terms of colour, utility and even the feel of the fabric.
- Not suitable for unsupervised sleep, especially for newborns.
- Make sure your baby’s airway is constantly open as the baby can slide down too far in this baby wrap.
This is a really cute, cozy and perfect comfort solution for newborns without being binding.
View on Amazon
The best carrier I ever had. It was comfortable and breathable. It works great if you spread out the curve across baby properly.
This ready to wear out of the box baby wrap allows an easy switch between five different carry positions without the challenge of a traditional wrap that can be confusing or frustrating. The Baby K’tan BREEZE Baby Carrier’s patented double-loop design, cotton mesh fabric, and unique one-way stretch slips on like a t-shirt and is breathable, versatile and secure for preemies, newborns, infants and toddlers.
- The Baby K’tan Breeze Carrier is ASTM and CPSIA compliant. The Baby K’tan Carrier is tested and approved to the ASTM F2907-15 standard, in addition to meeting and exceeding all Baby Carrier standards and requirements.
- The International Hip Dysplasia Institute has acknowledged this baby wrap to be a “Hip Healthy” product when used as directed.
- This baby wearing wrap is comfortable summer stroller if the parents lead an active lifestyle
- Sizing guide has confused parents with this variant of Baby K’Tan as well.
- Please make sure you get the size right to fully experience this wrap
It is one of the easier baby wearing wraps and the material makes it more breathable of your baby runs really hot.
View on Amazon
This wrap is my favorite after I tried around fifteen other brands. I have got moby but I prefer this one over it. The fabric they used is so nice and keeps the baby warm without any sweat. Would suggest without a second thought.
This newborn wrap comes with a baby sling and a money back guarantee! It provides excellent support for your baby’s head, neck,back and gives pleasant ride for the baby.
- Innoo Tech happy wrap is very comfortable, snug and has a great stretch
- Highly recommended for nursing
- Can get too warm during summer
- Many customers struggled to get the wrapping method right
- Make sure you wrap it around you really tight before inserting the baby or it might not feel as secure
Great baby wearing wrap at affordable price!
View on Amazon
I am in love with this wrap! I was looking for something easy and quick and this is it! The fabric is beautiful and will be great for the summer season. Highly recommend!
This ring sling baby carrier is made of hand loomed, breathable material and top quality aluminium rings.
- Hip Baby wrap is BCIA approved. This baby wrap meets baby carrier regulations
- This baby wearing wrap has ergonomic design relieves the shoulder and neck from unnecessary strain
- All the slings are fair trade and individually handwoven with eco-friendly non-toxic dyes in India so each sling is unique and has well-loved designs
- Does not heat up too much
- Some customers would have liked to have a softer fabric
- Many customers found it more comfortable to tighten or loosen this baby wrap before putting it on.
This is a beautiful, breathable and very comfortable baby wrap. Some of you might want a more snuggly soft material though.
View on Amazon
This is the best product and we simply love it. Doesn't have much stretch to it, however it is quick dry mesh for swimming. My daughter actually fell asleep while we were packing because it was so much comfortable for her.
This wrap sling water baby carrier has received “Amazon Choice” tag. This is the best baby wrap for summer, to wear on beach or in the pool.
- The fabric dries quickly and does not crease or need ironing
- The material of this baby wrap leaves the baby feeling cool during summer days or nights
- Keeps mom hands free in the pool
- The material is not very stretchy. Some customers found the fit uncomfortable or cumbersome to use.
- The material can smell a bit. It is recommended to air dry it after use.
This is a highly popular baby wearing wrap to use in pools. It dries quickly and offers a great grip and makes for a great water day with your baby
The Bottom Line
While conducting our research, we were very sentient of the fact that every baby is different and so are his comfort and security needs. Whether you are working on a budget or have specific fabric concerns for your baby wrap, we have covered it all! Our attempt has been to explore a plethora of options available in the market and narrow that list down to 10 best baby wraps chosen by parents just like you. We hope you are able to choose the happy wrap that suits your needs and those of your baby’s. We believe every action between a parent and a child is an act of love. Wrap carriers help manifest this love and help you enjoy the act.
Copyright © 2018 Digitally Savvy, Inc. All Right Reserved.