10 Best Nursing Pads Review of 2018
10 Best Nursing Pads Review of 2018
Most breastfeeding moms understand the discomfort of leaking breasts. Leaking breasts is a natural phenomenon – a messy reminder that lactation is going well for the nursing mother, but it can be stressful, especially if you are out in public.
This is why breast pads or nursing pads are an essential accessory if you choose to breastfeed your child.
Accidental leaks between feeds, and for some mothers, even before the birth of a child, are completely normal. Breastfeeding pads are designed to control exactly that. From disposable to reusable, breast pads are designed to fit inside the bra and come in a variety of materials, colors, styles, and thickness. It should be noted that The Women’s Health department of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, strongly advises that nursing pads be changed often to avoid trapping in moisture, and to maintain the best hygiene for you and your little ones.
Keeping the health of the little ones and of the breastfeeding mothers in mind, we conducted extensive research and read through numerous customer reviews to select the 10 best nursing pads that provide the best protection and comfort.
Best Nursing Breast Pads at a Glance
Before we dive into a detailed review of each breast pad, below you will find a quick overview of the 10 best breast pads we selected especially for you.
- These nursing breast pads are machine washable
- Unique milk-proof backing to stop embarrassing leaks
- High quality, ultra-soft, and absorbent pads that stay in place
- Available in three colors;: Pale pink, hot pink, and black
- Heart-shaped ultra-thin pads designed especially to be less visible through your clothing
- Bamboobies nursing pads are more expensive compared to other reusable nursing pads available on the market
- Use a net bag for storing these breast pads after use so that plenty of air gets through
- As directed, do not use fabric softeners for washing as it can reduce absorbency of pads
Comfortable and effective, Bamboobies breast pads definitely keep things pretty. The thin pads are especially great for going out, and the thick pads are perfect for overnight use.
- 60 individually wrapped disposable pads
- Adhesive strip ensures the nursing pad stays in place
- Contoured edges conform to your breasts
- Made out of soft and absorbent material
- Some mothers don’t find it sufficiently thick for overnight use
- Make use of the individually wrapped pads and put some in each bag (baby bag and personal bag) so you always have one on you in case of emergencies
The quantity, quality, and price definitely make Lansinoh breast pads the one of the best reusable nursing pads on our list.
- 14 organic breast pads that can easily last you through the week
- Available in three sizes for your perfect fit: medium size – cup A (3.9″), large size – cup B to D (4.7″), and extra-large size – cup E and up (5.5″)
- Made of soft bamboo cotton that helps soothe sore nipples
- 100% no questions asked money back guarantee
- Come with a washable bag, so these nursing pads won’t get lost in your washing machine
- Bamboo nursing pads are a little bulky in size, so may be noticeable in a fitted shirt
- Follow the steps provided in the wash guide (included) for pads to last longer
These reusable breast pads are definitely a quality and economical buy for personal use. The sleek organza bag and other included accessories also make it a presentable gift to give to expectant mothers.
- Provides relief to sore nipples
- Helps sore nipples heal faster so you can continue feeding your little one
- BPA free
- Soft fabric protects nipples from friction
- Lansinoh gel pads come in a pack of two and can be a bit costly
- Place the gel pads in the fridge (not freezer) during feeds so they are chilled and ready to start healing by the time you are done
The Lansinoh nursing gel pads come highly recommended by most mothers – justifying the price.
- 60 individually wrapped disposable breast pads
- Adhesive strips ensure the nursing pad stays in place
- Thin and effective – excellent for a night out
- Eco pure pads softer on the environment
- May bunch-up under some bra styles
- The strong adhesive strips easily stick to your shirt, so you don’t even have to wear a bra, especially when at home
For those who do not want to bother with laundry, Bamboobies nursing pads are a great option at a very cheap price.
- 120 individually wrapped breast pads
- Two adhesive strips keeps the pads in place and prevents them from bunching up
- Comfortable and highly absorbent to use overnight and during heavy milk flows
- Designed to be discreet under clothing
- Medela nursing pads are a bit bulky in size, so they may show under soft bras and fitted outfits
- If the adhesive side mistakenly sticks to your body, use warm water to remove the breast pads to avoid irritating the skin
Medela nursing pads are especially great for overnight use and heavy flows at a great value. With 120 disposable pads included in the pack, you can keep a spare in every car, multiple bags, and workplace for a peace of mind.
- 60 disposable nursing pads
- Contoured pads with adhesive strip to secure it in place
- Rustle-free design with cushion-soft lining for added comfort
- Special polymer core for continued dryness
- Small in size for some mothers
- Wear it under a low cut dress or top with confidence, without the fear of any excess sticking out of the bra
Johnson and Johnson nursing pads are comfortable, absorbent, and economical. You will not be disappointed.
- Contoured pads for a perfect fit with medium sized thickness for most bra types
- Ultra-soft and hypoallergenic, so considered by many as the best nursing pads for sensitive skin
- Washable and reusable
- These breast pads come with 100% no questions asked money back guarantee
- Waterproof carry bag included
- Not very effective for prolonged use or heavy leakage
- Wash nursing pads before use to soften bamboo layer
Kindred Bravely breast pads are a great buy for mothers with sensitive skins.
- Four individually wrapped gel breast pads
- Reusable for up to 24 hours
- Provide instant cooling and relief to tender nipples
- Contoured shape for better fit
- These nursing pads do not stick well for bigger sized breasts
- As directed, for improved soothing pass the gel pad under cool stream of water before use
Considering most breastfeeding mothers initially get sore nipples and not everyone wants to spend too much, Madela nursing pads are a great and economical alternative.
- 50 individually wrapped breast pads
- Adhesive strips to keep the pads in place
- Breathable multi-layer material for air circulation
- 75 % cotton, making NUK nursing pads great nursing pad for sensitive skin types
- These breast pads are large in size so may show under clothing
- The hygienic individual wrapping prevents it from any contamination before use so take them on the go with confidence
The breathable multi-layer makes NUK nursing pads ideal for everyday use.
The Bottom Line
Leaking breasts are a natural occurrence and shouldn’t be a cause for embarrassment for breastfeeding moms. But, with your hands already full with a newborn, clean-up of milk stains and packing extra outfits for a day or an evening out can add to stress that can easy be prevented. This is why breast nursing pads are a must have for breastfeeding moms.
With all the different choices available, it can be quite difficult to choose the one you want or the one that suits your skin. This is why we complied this list of the 10 best nursing pads which include the best disposable nursing pads and the best washable nursing pads, which were tried and tested by breastfeeding moms with varied preferences and skin types. The best nursing pads reviews of 2018 further provides information that will enable you to make an informed decisions to fulfil your specific needs, and prevent you from the trouble of returning unwanted items.